The best team in recent years

FootballGuy

9 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

BTW, how’s the gurlfran thing going?

Smash or pass?

Well actually 6’8” 461 but close enough! 

Well it’s a mix right now. I found a German woman who is six years older than I and we talk to each other in German often. Totally cool. She wants me over next weekend in the evening when her kids aren’t there. I think there will be some smashing there soon.  

I have a Japanese girl on the other hand on a dating site, I don’t know if she’s interested but I’m trying. 

Two days ago, I met a blonde lady who’s 24 on Tinder and we talked on messenger and I know she wanted to hook up, but she mysteriously deleted her account. Very bizarre. 

I have thrown my playbook at the problem, pulling out all stops. Let’s see if my offense can punch it in.

All of this above has unfolded since Monday. I’m on a run right now and hope that it does NOT slow down soon. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

That defense was violent. I have never seen a defense that would physically destroy offenses the way they did. Decapitate receivers, wear out and tear up knees on the OL, and deliver hits what you could hear from the bathrooms in NRG Stadium. Few teams in Texas were able to handle the physicality of that Katy defense. I thought Steele and LT would be able to, but both had players get hurt. As much as I hate to look back to this memory, I remember seeing the LT OL with their hands on their hips gasping for air in the early part of the second quarter, I knew that was a sign of doom. And, I was right.  It’s as if an amateur challenger was cornered in the ring with the heavyweight champ, the amateur wanted out, but had no choice but to face the champ and ended up getting knocked into next week. 

We will probably never see a defense like that again (on the field and statistically-allowing only touchdowns all year at the 6A level is extreme). 

I’ve seen Bishop Gorman, STA, etc. but I have never seen a defense play at that level (at the HS level)-superb chemistry, communication, fundamentals, tackling, and discipline overall. Now, teams like IMG and Gorman may have more talent, but as I said above, the chemistry and level of play was outstanding.

Yeah they were pretty awesome in the couple games and highlights I saw.  Did they play any OOS teams that year?

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Yeah they were pretty awesome in the couple games and highlights I saw.  Did they play any OOS teams that year?

Nope, that would have been the year to do it, but no one could have predicted they were going to be that good. After the LT game, I became a believer in that Katy team. 

And seeing how great defense is characterized in today’s world, that defense was a true anomaly. 

5 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Well actually 6’8” 461 but close enough! 

Well it’s a mix right now. I found a German woman who is six years older than I and we talk to each other in German often. Totally cool. She wants me over next weekend in the evening when her kids aren’t there. I think there will be some smashing there soon. 

I have a Japanese girl on the other hand on a dating site, I don’t know if she’s interested but I’m trying. 

Two days ago, I met a blonde lady who’s 24 on Tinder and we talked on messenger and I know she wanted to hook up, but she mysteriously deleted her account. Very bizarre. 

I have thrown my playbook at the problem, pulling out all stops. Let’s see if my offense can punch it in.

All of this above has unfolded since Monday. I’m on a run right now and hope that it does NOT slow down soon. 

Hahaha why is dating always like that?  Its like basketball.  A game of streaks. 

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Hahaha why is dating always like that?  Its like basketball.  A game of streaks. 

I know right? And I have had almost zero success (depending on what is defined as success). I’m hoping I don’t come away from this empty-handed, but I can’t get my hopes up. 

The German woman is not long-term relationship material, so it’s down to one. 

11 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I know right? And I have had almost zero success (depending on what is defined as success). I’m hoping I don’t come away from this empty-handed, but I can’t get my hopes up. 

The German woman is not long-term relationship material, so it’s down to one. 

I hear that.  I always shoot for bae's out of my league and when I get on a streak its the greatest feeling!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

Why because they beat DLS?   The Miami Central team of 2013 would literally boat race the 2017 Central team.   Would be ugly.  

Yes partly because they beat DLS — DLS ‘17 beats BG ‘13 and gets beaten just as badly by DLS ‘13 as MC ‘13

i think MC and BG this year was a bit of an abberation game — MC certainly wasn’t that good in FL.  BG was a legit top 10 team last year and fringe top 100 in ‘13 — that’s about a 21 point difference in average 

4 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

If fielding the best defense ever in the most storied state in the country doesn’t warrant a spot in this discussion, I don’t know what does. 

Katy does it with most of their own kids, too. They are not dependent on having a roster that can out-talent opponents if their Xs and Os fail. 

And what about 2013 Allen? That team was a monster when the state had an “up year” and gets no recognition? 

Don’t mean to offend but Katy just isn’t in this discussion IMHO .... and Katy is one of my favorite programs 

I mentioned the Allen team as in a tie for #2 for me so that ought not to offend 

again, “my” team has won pieces of the MNC 4x this decade and immnot suggesting any of their teams 

katy isn’t in this discussion partly because they use their own kids — as great as Katy pulled their own kids together in ‘15, these new super teams are cyborgesque in comparison 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Don’t mean to offend but Katy just isn’t in this discussion IMHO .... and Katy is one of my favorite programs 

I mentioned the Allen team as in a tie for #2 for me so that ought not to offend 

again, “my” team has won pieces of the MNC 4x this decade and immnot suggesting any of their teams 

katy isn’t in this discussion partly because they use their own kids — as great as Katy pulled their own kids together in ‘15, these new super teams are cyborgesque in comparison 

It didn’t offend me, I was surprised. 

MNC means nothing to me. 

I think 15 Katy narrowly defeats 13 Allen in a hypothetical match, for what it’s worth.

And who’s to say Katy wouldn’t give these new-age “teams” all they can handle? 

These new teams are good, but it’s easy to do so when you have all that talent. You better damn well be good with the level of talent, if you’re not killing most teams then your coaches suck. 

Anyway, these teams aren’t so good that Katy doesn’t even belong. I mean, even if Katy is worth only one sentence in this discussion, they still belong.

They have some level of capital interest. 

My opinion means just as much as yours-nothing-as it is just an opinion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Yes partly because they beat DLS — DLS ‘17 beats BG ‘13 and gets beaten just as badly by DLS ‘13 as MC ‘13

i think MC and BG this year was a bit of an abberation game — MC certainly wasn’t that good in FL.  BG was a legit top 10 team last year and fringe top 100 in ‘13 — that’s about a 21 point difference in average 

Ehhh.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

As far as the aberration game...MC was in control for basically the whole game.   All of this with MC not being able to practice with the city of Miami shut down the week prior to the game.   I think they practiced in a parking lot.  

DLS' win over SJC was more of an "aberration" this year as they were thoroughly dominated in the beginning and DLS pulled off the amazing comeback with some of SJC's bigs leaving the game.    None of that stuff matters though, a win is a win.  

11 hours ago, World Citizen said:

You will stay standing eventually and really what you don't want, imho, is any regrets.  As in not trying type of regret.  

If what’s unfolded the last 12 hours is a sign of things to come, then I better toughen up. But, no regrets though. All I can do is try.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

It didn’t offend me, I was surprised. 

MNC means nothing to me. 

I think 15 Katy narrowly defeats 13 Allen in a hypothetical match, for what it’s worth.

And who’s to say Katy wouldn’t give these new-age “teams” all they can handle? 

These new teams are good, but it’s easy to do so when you have all that talent. You better damn well be good with the level of talent, if you’re not killing most teams then your coaches suck. 

Anyway, these teams aren’t so good that Katy doesn’t even belong. I mean, even if Katy is worth only one sentence in this discussion, they still belong.

They have some level of capital interest. 

My opinion means just as much as yours-nothing-as it is just an opinion. 

I think I did offend 

i said earlier that Katy one of my favorite programs because you guys do things the right way

katy reminds me of DLS, and I think DLS’s best teams are a notch below these teams that have more talent than ANY FBS recruiting class

i dont know if you’ve seen this “evolution” (could be backwards evolution in terms of hsfb purity but it’s an evolution) up close and personal

until 2013, I might have said DLS has at least 5 of the best 10 CA teams ever and I think there have been 3 to 5 teams since that are on that list 

not all about CA — IMG obviously, BG RT al are playing a different game regarding talent acquisition

whike I appreciate your prognostication, I think most non-katy affiliated knowledgeable Texans (and I am one) would pick Allen ‘13 or ‘14

saying “katy doesn’t belong in conversation” may have been a bit abrupt, but I just meant it as a candidate for the #1 spot, not whether Katy could play competitively with any of them 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

I think I did offend 

i said earlier that Katy one of my favorite programs because you guys do things the right way

katy reminds me of DLS, and I think DLS’s best teams are a notch below these teams that have more talent than ANY FBS recruiting class

i dont know if you’ve seen this “evolution” (could be backwards evolution in terms of hsfb purity but it’s an evolution) up close and personal

until 2013, I might have said DLS has at least 5 of the best 10 CA teams ever and I think there have been 3 to 5 teams since that are on that list 

not all about CA — IMG obviously, BG RT al are playing a different game regarding talent acquisition

whike I appreciate your prognostication, I think most non-katy affiliated knowledgeable Texans (and I am one) would pick Allen ‘13 or ‘14

saying “katy doesn’t belong in conversation” may have been a bit abrupt, but I just meant it as a candidate for the #1 spot, not whether Katy could play competitively with any of them 

Folsom 2014

14 hours ago, 954gator said:

As far as the aberration game...MC was in control for basically the whole game.   All of this with MC not being able to practice with the city of Miami shut down the week prior to the game.   I think they practiced in a parking lot.  

DLS' win over SJC was more of an "aberration" this year as they were thoroughly dominated in the beginning and DLS pulled off the amazing comeback with some of SJC's bigs leaving the game.    None of that stuff matters though, a win is a win.  

MC I’ll give you — I didn’t so much mean that game was an aberration that theynshouldnt have won, but that that game stands out on both BG and MC’s schedule as a surprise.  I think that was also the week after MD which was a good time to catch them.

if SJC’s bigs left, it was because they were gassed — that’s what DLS does — it’s by design not an aberration.  If you were part of that thread on here, the DLS guys were basically just hoping to hang on in the first half hopingnfir exactly what happened 

again, BG ‘17 much better than BG ‘13 and a much more notable win for any program, whereas a “super” team struggling with ‘13 raises a legit question ofnjust how super are they. 

DLS ‘15 IMHO is best DLS team since ‘03 and best DLS team to have ever been beaten, but that loss is part of the record so I’m not nominating them or DLS ‘10, ‘12’ or ‘14 that also win pieces of the MNC