The best team in recent years

FootballGuy

35 minutes ago, Pops said:

I think I did offend 

i said earlier that Katy one of my favorite programs because you guys do things the right way

katy reminds me of DLS, and I think DLS’s best teams are a notch below these teams that have more talent than ANY FBS recruiting class

i dont know if you’ve seen this “evolution” (could be backwards evolution in terms of hsfb purity but it’s an evolution) up close and personal

until 2013, I might have said DLS has at least 5 of the best 10 CA teams ever and I think there have been 3 to 5 teams since that are on that list 

not all about CA — IMG obviously, BG RT al are playing a different game regarding talent acquisition

whike I appreciate your prognostication, I think most non-katy affiliated knowledgeable Texans (and I am one) would pick Allen ‘13 or ‘14

saying “katy doesn’t belong in conversation” may have been a bit abrupt, but I just meant it as a candidate for the #1 spot, not whether Katy could play competitively with any of them 

I’m not Katy-affiliated. 

32 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

What happened?

The Japanese one is cut and dry and the German one might already have a boyfriend, and she may not be “all there”. Not saying that in a condescending way, but it seems that way. I could be down to zero by the end of the day. 

Its like Clark Griswald celebrating with his Christmas lights working one second, and then crapping out the next. Frustrating.   

4 hours ago, Pops said:

MC I’ll give you — I didn’t so much mean that game was an aberration that theynshouldnt have won, but that that game stands out on both BG and MC’s schedule as a surprise.  I think that was also the week after MD which was a good time to catch them.

if SJC’s bigs left, it was because they were gassed — that’s what DLS does — it’s by design not an aberration.  If you were part of that thread on here, the DLS guys were basically just hoping to hang on in the first half hopingnfir exactly what happened 

again, BG ‘17 much better than BG ‘13 and a much more notable win for any program, whereas a “super” team struggling with ‘13 raises a legit question ofnjust how super are they. 

DLS ‘15 IMHO is best DLS team since ‘03 and best DLS team to have ever been beaten, but that loss is part of the record so I’m not nominating them or DLS ‘10, ‘12’ or ‘14 that also win pieces of the MNC 

Here's where I'll leave it when it comes to BG and the whole 2013 discussion.   First, yes I think BG this year had better wins (not even close), but at the same time the 2013 team only losses were to two legit top teams.   Mount Point Az and BTW.  In Both games they were very competitive.   Also don't forget that BTW ended the game on a pick and the guy either tripped before scoring or went down on purpose (can't remember and I'm not 100% on this either).     Either way the final score was 28-12 in Vegas.    Next year guess what, BG was one of the MNC teams.  (I'll say that BTW was undefeated and no where near being #1 in the polls in 2014, but that's another argument)

Mount Pointe beat Gorman 28-21 in 2013 and was their only other loss.    Mount Point also beat Chandler by a slightly larger margin than SJB did for some reference.    (24pts vs 21pts)   

My point is this.   2013 BG  definitely didn't have the wins 2017 BG had, BUT their losses were very respectable.   Not enough to say definitively who was the better team.    2017 had more blue chips I'd say, but they were not at all what they were in 2016 that's for SURE.  

Personally I think the BTW vs Norcross game score was a little on the high side and the BG score a little on the low side.   IMO Norcross vs BG would have been a decent game.   BTW got some free easy scores vs Norcross and NC obviously shit the bed with turnovers.   Also BTW had a flawless game.   BTW was a slight underdog vs Norcross and came in very focused, as Grayson had butt whooped a good Miami Central team the year before.  They came for revenge and were looking for blood.  Meanwhile BG was a heavy underdog and BTW, I think, was not as focused and thought they could just go in there and take the W easy (and they were dead wrong).   

BTW IMO was at most 25-ish points better than Norcross and around the same over BG.   I think the results ended up being opposite extremes of the range.   Anyways that's my view of it.   I also happen to think BTW and MC were about equal that year and BTW just had a better game.  MC was legit that year.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

The Japanese one is cut and dry and the German one might already have a boyfriend, and she may not be “all there”. Not saying that in a condescending way, but it seems that way. I could be down to zero by the end of the day. 

Its like Clark Griswald celebrating with his Christmas lights working one second, and then crapping out the next. Frustrating.   

HAHAHA.  Love the Griswald analogy.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Well actually 6’8” 461 but close enough! 

Well it’s a mix right now. I found a German woman who is six years older than I and we talk to each other in German often. Totally cool. She wants me over next weekend in the evening when her kids aren’t there. I think there will be some smashing there soon.  

I have a Japanese girl on the other hand on a dating site, I don’t know if she’s interested but I’m trying. 

Two days ago, I met a blonde lady who’s 24 on Tinder and we talked on messenger and I know she wanted to hook up, but she mysteriously deleted her account. Very bizarre. 

I have thrown my playbook at the problem, pulling out all stops. Let’s see if my offense can punch it in.

All of this above has unfolded since Monday. I’m on a run right now and hope that it does NOT slow down soon. 

You need to write a book!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Just for this discussion. And Go Cavs

Ouch

Im not deepnrooted in NorCal and don’t live there any longer — actually a native Texan — best TX team I saw growing up was ‘78 Odessa Permian — they beat our 11-0 team in second round 63-7 — plano’s Dynasty was also contemporary — grandad played on a big school championship team in 30s (Amarillo sandies)

Dubs were really the only local team I adopted — my other teams are Seahawks and mariners but Sonics moved to OKc (which makes it extra nice to root for warriors)

19 hours ago, Pops said:

MC I’ll give you — I didn’t so much mean that game was an aberration that theynshouldnt have won, but that that game stands out on both BG and MC’s schedule as a surprise.  I think that was also the week after MD which was a good time to catch them.

if SJC’s bigs left, it was because they were gassed — that’s what DLS does — it’s by design not an aberration.  If you were part of that thread on here, the DLS guys were basically just hoping to hang on in the first half hopingnfir exactly what happened 

again, BG ‘17 much better than BG ‘13 and a much more notable win for any program, whereas a “super” team struggling with ‘13 raises a legit question ofnjust how super are they. 

DLS ‘15 IMHO is best DLS team since ‘03 and best DLS team to have ever been beaten, but that loss is part of the record so I’m not nominating them or DLS ‘10, ‘12’ or ‘14 that also win pieces of the MNC 

SJC moreso wore themselves out in that heat... It was like 105 degrees if I remember right... And very early in the season. I think that was a good learning experience for them.... They went hard and heavy early.

You can say "thats what DLS does"... But how often do you see DLS comeback from a huge hole like that. SJC was much more athletic and then just absolutely wilted in the sun. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

You can say "thats what DLS does"... But how often do you see DLS comeback from a huge hole like that. SJC was much more athletic and then just absolutely wilted in the sun. 

Yeah I don’t think they land in big deficit situations all that often.  However, there isn’t a big drop off in energy level from the start of the game to the end.  It was 105 for both teams, DLS just handled it better.   I do think it’s tougher though for a cold climate team to face unusually hot conditions than for the other way around.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Yeah I don’t think they land in big deficit situations all that often.  However, there isn’t a big drop off in energy level from the start of the game to the end.  It was 105 for both teams, DLS just handled it better.   I do think it’s tougher though for a cold climate team to face unusually hot conditions than for the other way around.

Somebody from SJC area said it was almost as hot there as it was in Concord at night. Either GOSPEL on the rest of your post!!

15 hours ago, Pops said:

Ouch

Im not deepnrooted in NorCal and don’t live there any longer — actually a native Texan — best TX team I saw growing up was ‘78 Odessa Permian — they beat our 11-0 team in second round 63-7 — plano’s Dynasty was also contemporary — grandad played on a big school championship team in 30s (Amarillo sandies)

Dubs were really the only local team I adopted — my other teams are Seahawks and mariners but Sonics moved to OKc (which makes it extra nice to root for warriors)

I believe I remember you being from Texas. Don’t you have money in the stock market too?

Thats cool too about Amarillo, throwback. 

On 3/10/2018 at 6:38 AM, ECHS05 said:

You can say "thats what DLS does"... But how often do you see DLS comeback from a huge hole like that. SJC was much more athletic and then just absolutely wilted in the sun

I don’t remember you ever chiming in with early in the season road team compassion when DLS lost in August in TX or in FL humidity in September 

their bigs got gassed — DLS’s didn’t — that’s by design — watch one of the documentaries or PM Glory about dragging tires

On 3/10/2018 at 2:37 PM, ChimpGrip said:

I believe I remember you being from Texas. Don’t you have money in the stock market too?

Thats cool too about Amarillo, throwback. 

4th generation Texan — lived there (Euless) for 6 months in 2017 before officially retiring 

don’t remember mentioning stock market assets on here, but may have moaned at some time last year as my company stock declined 60% between when I notified CEO of my timing and when it actually occurred (while the market was in fire) so my retirement plans aren’t quite as comfortable but that’s first world problems 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

I don’t remember you ever chiming in with early in the season road team compassion when DLS lost in August in TX or in FL humidity in September 

their bigs got gassed — DLS’s didn’t — that’s by design — watch one of the documentaries or PM Glory about dragging tires

DLS didnt get out to a huge lead in either game and look like the clear better team. STA just mudholed them, and ET beat them at their own physicality game. The sole reason DLS won is bc St. John's went too hard early and wore themselves out in 105 degree weather.

12 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

DLS didnt get out to a huge lead in either game and look like the clear better team. STA just mudholed them, and ET beat them at their own physicality game. The sole reason DLS won is bc St. John's went too hard early and wore themselves out in 105 degree weather.

Incredible that you can still show your face even 5 years after the Norcross episode and misrepresent someone else’s OOS performance 

GA definitely proved to be a 2nd Tier state in that one and has backed it up by scheduling their top teams against ISB last few years — btw, is ISB’s schedulenout yet?  I’d love to see that — fresh fodder for the year