St. John's college gets transfer QB

HSFBfan

That fills a void for sure...  in doing some SJC research after reading this I came across a current freshman OL that has 0 offers I believe.  

FBS schools, meet Colin Henrich.   He either started as a 9th grader or was in the 6 man rotation.   

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10094727/59cbe5344210b72ab423fa93   Rutgers or Syracuse, which is first to offer?  Maryland might sneak in there and watch for UVA.   

• Like 1

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

That fills a void for sure...  in doing some SJC research after reading this I came across a current freshman OL that has 0 offers I believe.  

FBS schools, meet Colin Henrich.   He either started as a 9th grader or was in the 6 man rotation.   

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10094727/59cbe5344210b72ab423fa93   Rutgers or Syracuse, which is first to offer?  Maryland might sneak in there and watch for UVA.   

Might be Maryland to offer first

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

He started. He’s a very good OL. I knew he had hype coming in, but when I saw him out there lined up against DL’s from DLS, SJR, DeMatha, and SJB, I couldn’t believe it. When I was that age, varsity DL’s looked like actual dinosaurs.

I think he’ll end up at an elite Big 10 school like Michigan or Wisconsin when it’s all said and done. For now, I get to worry about him for 3 more years as a DeMatha fan. Not too pumped about it. 

hwnstyll March 28, 2018 12:59 pm

So Hawaii football is not on par with the mainland?
We are not as large as other states but please show me a league that is as strong top to bottom as our new open division? Find me a league where their bottom 4 be our top 4. We do not have a recruiting california wide like St John Bosco and Marter Dei, or Nation wide recruiting like IMG and Bishop Gorman, so what.
We have 5 star recruits right now, we have a reigning QB win the national championship as a true freshman, and another that won a Heisman, and another win the qb of the year award for going undefeated from Millilani,we got another starting QB in at Mississippi from Pearl city, Punahou has won 5 straight trips to the Mainland playing all comers and Kahuku had to travel to play the last two years because they are affraid to come here. St louis was as good as any team in the nation the past two years if they had the chance to play them. Hawaii be proud of your kids and your coaches, we are respected nation wide. Kahuku AD whats up with all the turnover of coaches?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

I love reading the comments in the story. " Ahh boo you get much better competition here than in the mainland brudda.  Bunch of howlies cant beat us here in hawaii.  LOL!!

I noticed this too. These North Shore guys are characters. There was an initial “rumor” article that came out a week or so ago and I was magnetically attracted to the comment section. One guy suggested that the kid stay in Hawaii and switch to DB because he has zero future at QB. I couldn’t help but imagine a head to head between a guy like that someone like Rab. Internet Gold. Hopefully they find their way over here...

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2018 at 4:53 PM, golfaddict1 said:

There it is... surprise #1 offer is direct from the SEC with South Carolina May 6th.  

https://247sports.com/player/colin-henrich-46054875

Rutgers, Syracuse, Maryland... I work for beer.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

There it is... surprise #1 offer is direct from the SEC with South Carolina May 6th.  

I don’t understand UMD’s recruiting plan with some of these top MD/DC players. This coming season, 80% of its offense will feature a starter from the WCAC. 

QB- Kasim Hill-SJC

RB- Lorenzo Harrison(DM) and Anthony McFarland(DM)

OL- OT Damien Prince(McNamara), G Terrance Davis(DM), C Johnny Jordan(Gonzaga), G Marcus Minor(DM)

WR- DJ Turner(DM)

If you look at the top freshman and sophomores in MD/DC right now, they are being offered first by out of area programs, then UMD months later. Henrich from SJC is an absolute beast. Just like him, DeMatha’s two sophomore lineman(Achumba and White) have offers from Michigan, Florida, and Georgia Tech, but no UMD. What are these Jedi mind tricks they are playing? 

• Like 1

This QB is a stud and will be the longest distance transfer in hsfb history 

SJC one of the few teams that are trying to play the same game as IMG, Mater Dei, SJB, and BG and this is sort of kid to do something like help them beat IMG and compete for MNC 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2018 at 12:32 PM, NicholasMalibu said:

I don’t understand UMD’s recruiting plan with some of these top MD/DC players. This coming season, 80% of its offense will feature a starter from the WCAC. 

QB- Kasim Hill-SJC

RB- Lorenzo Harrison(DM) and Anthony McFarland(DM)

OL- OT Damien Prince(McNamara), G Terrance Davis(DM), C Johnny Jordan(Gonzaga), G Marcus Minor(DM)

WR- DJ Turner(DM)

If you look at the top freshman and sophomores in MD/DC right now, they are being offered first by out of area programs, then UMD months later. Henrich from SJC is an absolute beast. Just like him, DeMatha’s two sophomore lineman(Achumba and White) have offers from Michigan, Florida, and Georgia Tech, but no UMD. What are these Jedi mind tricks they are playing? 

Dude who ever the coach or Athletic Admin is obviously not interested in football.  They are right in the middle of a hsfb hotbed and not offering?  If I was an alum or booster, my money would be hasta la bye bye. 

23 hours ago, Pops said:

This QB is a stud and will be the longest distance transfer in hsfb history 

SJC one of the few teams that are trying to play the same game as IMG, Mater Dei, SJB, and BG and this is sort of kid to do something like help them beat IMG and compete for MNC 

I wonder if The Bishop is pissed they lost out on this recruit.  Especially with their Hawaii pipeline.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I wonder if The Bishop is pissed they lost out on this recruit.  Especially with their Hawaii pipeline.  

I think they may have damaged that pipeline by throwing Hail Marys at end of Kahuku game up 5 TDs

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

This sounds like an AAU basketball move, but the SJC QB Coach Aumavae is related to the transfer QB. This won’t be the last SJC QB from the islands. The coaches son is a highly touted rising freshman QB that’s already 6’2. My guess is an OOS game between SJC and Hawaii’s finest next season. 

On 5/12/2018 at 5:22 AM, NicholasMalibu said:

This sounds like an AAU basketball move, but the SJC QB Coach Aumavae is related to the transfer QB. This won’t be the last SJC QB from the islands. The coaches son is a highly touted rising freshman QB that’s already 6’2. My guess is an OOS game between SJC and Hawaii’s finest next season. 

Nice.  Hawaii puts out lots of great players and SJC will be stoked to start getting them. The Bishop will not like this. lol

Maiava is going to have some big shoes to fill. Doyle was a stud. (where did Doyle end up at) Sounds like with 2 years under his belt at Kahuku, which is one of the best teams on the islands he's some good experience. With Heinrich anchoring the line and if they have all those passing targets they had last year plus those RB's will be srs. watch out for the Cadets, they will be a tough team to beat.  

• 8 months later...
On 5/10/2018 at 1:00 PM, golfaddict1 said:

Checking in on Henrich offers, hes added Tennessee, LSU and UMass.  Not sure why a Big Ten school hasn’t offered yet.  With the upcoming SJC news it reminded me of him.  

Note about SFA, they had 14 recruits offered by Michigan. I think they’ve got some talent :).  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Checking in on Henrich offers, hes added Tennessee, LSU and UMass.  Not sure why a Big Ten school hasn’t offered yet.  With the upcoming SJC news it reminded me of him.  

Note about SFA, they had 14 recruits offered by Michigan. I think they’ve got some talent :).  

I don’t think the Big 10 schools have made their stops in MD/DC yet. The HC at SFA coached at Michigan so that only takes a phone call for those offers. Last week, LSU stopped by the area and offered at least 6 new players at SJC, 8 new players at DeMatha, and 9 new players at SFA. Henrich’s recruiting will snowball during the spring as schools stop by the area.

The DC at UMass is a native MD/DC guy and took the job up there after being the DB coach at Maryland. He is offering 5*’s at the MD/DC powers right now. He’s very well respected in the area. While his offers are very “optimistic” of him, he’s definitely an up and comer on the coaching scene. He started off as the HC at Friendship Collegiate in DC and built the program from the bottom up. There are a few ESPN specials on him. 

On a side note, I am very interested to see if SJC schedules something back on Hawaii for the QB. I know they have a few native Hawaiians on the roster and staff. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Dam first LSU now Michigan all those homeless kids can play some ball. 

• Like 1