Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A lot of people have problems with authority. 

A lot of people with authority have problems with the "big head" as well. 

Combinations of the two is the most likely answer to your question. 

I've been pulled over before and not thought I was doing anything at all wrong. I was tempted to be pretty non-compliant as the officer approached but, he was so nice initially that he "disarmed" my thought process to be non-compliant. Failing to signal a lane change "200 ft." before making the lane change was what got me pulled over. 

Had he been a defensive or offensive prick as he approached, that stop would have been much different for both of us. He was nice and smiling a toothy grin so, I did not go the route I initially intended. I signaled the lane change, just not "soon enough" in his opinion. Idk how he measured the 200 ft, nor do I really care. In the end, he was looking for a reason to get involved in my life. Stick his nose in my window etc.

I was on the up and up, so no written warning or any tickets, just a "signal your intentions a little sooner next time." 

Anyway, we all have different attitudes toward police, how we are policed etc. It's naive to think that every single person knows or understands the difference between a good stop, bad stop, lawful order or unlawful order. 

If all cops are as nice as that guy was, there may be a lot less non-compliance. Idk that, but it definitely worked with me.

I've been pulled over for following the white line too closely. Not weaving....going in a straight line. It was a weekend night coming home from work. He was "fishing" for an impaired driver so he could start the process. I was pulled over another time because my truck "fit the description" of one that had eluded them earlier in the night. That excuse could be his "go to" multiple times a night.

Most, on here, have probably seen this same ruse on "Live PD." They need an excuse, any excuse, to pull you over. They've caught quite a few, "riding dirty," this way.

I'm not saying all cops use those type excuses but a lot do.

• Like 1

Those types of stops do lead to people being defensive or non-compliant. It obviously works for the cops. It doesn't always work for the people they are charged with protecting and serving. It's not necessarily the best way to police either way.

Yep, I've seen similar stops on Live PD. Great show. Different personalities of the different cops comes through on there a good bit. I have noticed that once a certain cop acts a little questionably on there, suddenly, that dept. is no longer covered on the show. 

Definitely recommend that show. It shows both sides pretty openly. Seeing how certain people act or react to the cops is pretty good to see. It probably is not showing us a true cross cut of the cops though, because they know they are being watched live and twitter could cost them their job. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

It was yellowish-red if you know what I mean.

LOl, I do. It was a red light. 

Plus, at a red light if you turn right you must first come to a complete stop. Few bother.

What upsets  me is the gross ignorance on the roads. Like people making left hand turns seldom understand just where they are supposed to be. They cross right through others lane not even realizing if their is an accident it's there fault.

We have all heard people claim it wasn't their fault and believe it. It's generally their ignorance that makes them believe it. 

Just because everyone else does it does not make it legal. 

Just now, noonereal said:

LOl, I do. It was a red light. 

Plus, at a red light if you turn right you must first come to a complete stop. Few bother.

What upsets  me is the gross ignorance on the roads. Like people making left hand turns seldom understand just where they are supposed to be. They cross right through others lane not even realizing if their is an accident it's there fault.

We have all heard people claim it wasn't their fault and believe it. It's generally their ignorance that makes them believe it. 

Just because everyone else does it does not make it legal. 

It wasnt fully red yet. It was switching from yellow to red on a pouring night. Didnt want to hydroplane so i went. Cop did what he felt he needed to do and pulled me over. I didnt give him any lip about it. He was the one with the attitude. Oh well water under a bridge. I didnt get a ticket. he let me go and i moved on. 

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

So it was a red light that you did not feel like waiting for. 

I thought so. 

Again it was not red. Have you ever not blown a light switching from yellow to red??? Or from green to yellow when your supposed to slow down but speed up to get thru the light??

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Again it was not red. Have you ever not blown a light switching from yellow to red??? Or from green to yellow when your supposed to slow down but speed up to get thru the light??

Yes, and when I do I hope there is no cop around. 

Unlike you I know I have done wrong. 

Yes, and when I do I hope there is no cop around. 

Unlike you I know I have done wrong. 

I knew i did wrong and that is why i didnt give the cop an attitude. see everything went well and I was let go as usual when I get pulled over. When you know how to talk to cops you usually dont get in trouble

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I knew i did wrong and that is why i didnt give the cop an attitude. see everything went well and I was let go as usual when I get pulled over. When you know how to talk to cops you usually dont get in trouble

overall my interaction with cops at traffic stop has been very positive or straight business with only one exception. 

My interaction with police on other issues has been not so positive. Not so positive at all. 

overall my interaction with cops at traffic stop has been very positive or straight business with only one exception. 

My interaction with police on other issues has been not so positive. Not so positive at all. 

Ive never had any other interactions with cops other than when the neighbors call the cops for us having a party in which we usually feed the cops and they go on their merry way. 

Little OT: 

Was reading ufc article Joe Rogan had interesting word choice for magregor and his buddies (all White guys I want to add) actions a few weeks back. 

“I don’t think New York is ever letting that motherf**ker fight there again,” said Rogan. “I just don’t think they’re gonna do that. They don’t play games. That athletic commission is a different commission. They’re new to MMA and that was embarrassing to them. Him throwing the f**king dolly and the fact that they let him get in there with all his boys, the whole thing was just so thuggish.”

Now reading this thread one would think only a black person or his behavior is considered thug or thuggish.

White guys can be thugs too .... Hmmmm 🤔 @FootballGuy

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mjd33 said:

Little OT: 

Was reading ufc article Joe Rogan had interesting word choice for magregor and his buddies (all White guys I want to add) actions a few weeks back. 

“I don’t think New York is ever letting that motherf**ker fight there again,” said Rogan. “I just don’t think they’re gonna do that. They don’t play games. That athletic commission is a different commission. They’re new to MMA and that was embarrassing to them. Him throwing the f**king dolly and the fact that they let him get in there with all his boys, the whole thing was just so thuggish.”

Now reading this thread one would think only a black person or his behavior is considered thug or thuggish.

White guys can be thugs too .... Hmmmm 🤔 @FootballGuy

Of course white guys can be  thugs?

By its own definition anyone that acts like a asshole in society can be a thug. It is based on people’s actions (villain, thief etc,) not their race? 

1 minute ago, Cossacks said:

Of course white guys can be  thugs?

By its own definition anyone that acts like a asshole in society can be a thug. It is based on people’s actions (villain, thief etc,) not their race? 

I agree 💯 

not according to footballguy though. He claims thug is a designated term for blacks only ....