Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Not everyone, but it does seem like that at times. 

Money is a necessary evil as I see it. I do what I can and need to in order to obtain it honestly. I don't play any foul balls nor work for anyone that I see playing foul balls either. I don't think I'll ever be monetarily rich due to that, but, idc. I'm rich in many other ways and that's the only way I want it. 

How much money??? How many hours are you gonna give to your employer?? I personally am miserable. I will never give my life to my employer. I wanna enjoy my life not give my life to my job and at the end of the day I'm dead 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

How much money??? How many hours are you gonna give to your employer?? I personally am miserable. I will never give my life to my employer. I wanna enjoy my life not give my life to my job and at the end of the day I'm dead 

I think there is a way to balance both. You will probably be your job though. Your job is you and you are your job. Your boss(es) are your face and you are theirs. It's just the way I view it. I think it has to be that way to make a living and have the money it takes to also enjoy your fruits. 

You have to learn to appreciate the simple things as well. Idk where you live exactly, but for me, A long hard day leads to sitting on the porch with a can of Paw Paw's Peach or bottle of Corona Light, and watching the sun drop down behind the pines. That's just a simple pleasure. I refuse to let the t.v. commercials tell me I have to be at some expensive thing to be happy.

Don't get into the hooplah that you must be rich to be happy. It's bullshit. I know rich people, and most of them are not seemingly happy. A lot of assholes in that crowd. xD

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think there is a way to balance both. You will probably be your job though. Your job is you and you are your job. Your boss(es) are your face and you are theirs. It's just the way I view it. I think it has to be that way to make a living and have the money it takes to also enjoy your fruits. 

You have to learn to appreciate the simple things as well. Idk where you live exactly, but for me, A long hard day leads to sitting on the porch with a can of Paw Paw's Peach or bottle of Corona Light, and watching the sun drop down behind the pines. That's just a simple pleasure. I refuse to let the t.v. commercials tell me I have to be at some expensive thing to be happy.

Don't get into the hooplah that you must be rich to be happy. It's bullshit. I know rich people, and most of them are not seemingly happy. A lot of assholes in that crowd. xD

I will never be rich in the fact that I dont want to work to be rich. As a matter of fact I dont want to work just like I didn't want to go to school. Both are absolutely miserable. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

school is miserable...work is miserable.  

These are teh demands of our capitalistic system ? 

Get it?

Understanding?

Not all are cut out for capitalism. Most are like you under capitalism. 

We are free? We can barely survive if we reject capitalism. This is why I do not support workfare. 

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

These are teh demands of our capitalistic system ? 

Get it?

Understanding?

Not all are cut out for capitalism. Most are like you under capitalism. 

We are free? We can barely survive if we reject capitalism. This is why I do not support workfare. 

yes we are free to do what we want to do. we are free to get the education we are free to work wherever we believe we want to work. capitalism works if you can figure out those 2 things. workfare makes sense you need to work if you want benefits from the government

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

yes we are free to do what we want to do. we are free to get the education we are free to work wherever we believe we want to work. capitalism works if you can figure out those 2 things. workfare makes sense you need to work if you want benefits from the government

look how miserable that makes people like you

I just don't think that is fair when so many don't work at all and enjoy such great wealth.

The non working investor class. 

Just now, noonereal said:

look how miserable that makes people like you

I just don't think that is fair when so many don't work at all and enjoy such great wealth.

The non working investor class. 

that is a major problem....you should not be enjoying great wealth without working

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

that is a major problem....you should not be enjoying great wealth without working

the hardest I ever worked in my life I did not receive any benefits, I did not receive even minimum wage, I got no OT and I got no holiday.

The easiest job I ever had I was in the top 2%. 

Welcome to America. 

• Like 1

Just now, noonereal said:

the hardest I ever worked in my life I did not receive any benefits, I did not receive even minimum wage, I got no OT and I got no holiday.

The easiest job I ever had I was in the top 2%. 

Welcome to America. 

well than fuck it......if that is America there is no reason for me to be here

Calling the cops may have been overboard, but maybe they should've met at a park for their "life-changing real estate venture" if they couldn't afford $2 for coffee.

Refusing to leave after 3 request by police, and telling the officers..." you dont know what you're doing. You're only a $45 a year cop"...will get you arrested almost every time. 

Even in light of possible overkill by Starbucks, defiance to police commands will not end well for you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Calling the cops may have been overboard, but maybe they should've met at a park for their "life-changing real estate venture" if they couldn't afford $2 for coffee.

Refusing to leave after 3 request by police, and telling the officers..." you dont know what you're doing. You're only a $45 a year cop"...will get you arrested almost every time. 

Even in light of possible overkill by Starbucks, defiance to police commands will not end well for you.

Good lord ....I mean the ignorance is mind boggling.

8 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Why are you guy's so afraid of the cops?

Like they are God or something.

Thats why I resigned after 12 years. I was scared of my fellow police officers.

Question: Why cant people comply with police directives? I dealt with it almost daily. Immediate defiance. 

Even if the directive is questionable, there is a process for complaints.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Thats why I resigned after 12 years. I was scared of my fellow police officers.

Question: Why cant people comply with police directives? I dealt with it almost daily. Immediate defiance. 

Even if the directive is questionable, there is a process for complaints.

A lot of people have problems with authority. 

A lot of people with authority have problems with the "big head" as well. 

Combinations of the two is the most likely answer to your question. 

I've been pulled over before and not thought I was doing anything at all wrong. I was tempted to be pretty non-compliant as the officer approached but, he was so nice initially that he "disarmed" my thought process to be non-compliant. Failing to signal a lane change "200 ft." before making the lane change was what got me pulled over. 

Had he been a defensive or offensive prick as he approached, that stop would have been much different for both of us. He was nice and smiling a toothy grin so, I did not go the route I initially intended. I signaled the lane change, just not "soon enough" in his opinion. Idk how he measured the 200 ft, nor do I really care. In the end, he was looking for a reason to get involved in my life. Stick his nose in my window etc.

I was on the up and up, so no written warning or any tickets, just a "signal your intentions a little sooner next time." 

Anyway, we all have different attitudes toward police, how we are policed etc. It's naive to think that every single person knows or understands the difference between a good stop, bad stop, lawful order or unlawful order. 

If all cops are as nice as that guy was, there may be a lot less non-compliance. Idk that, but it definitely worked with me.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A lot of people have problems with authority. 

A lot of people with authority have problems with the "big head" as well. 

Combinations of the two is the most likely answer to your question. 

I've been pulled over before and not thought I was doing anything at all wrong. I was tempted to be pretty non-compliant as the officer approached but, he was so nice initially that he "disarmed" my thought process to be non-compliant. Failing to signal a lane change "200 ft." before making the lane change was what got me pulled over. 

Had he been a defensive or offensive prick as he approached, that stop would have been much different for both of us. He was nice and smiling a toothy grin so, I did not go the route I initially intended. I signaled the labe change, just not "soon enough" in his opinion. Idk how he measured the 200 ft, nor do I really care. In the end, he was looking for a reason to get involved in my life. Stick his nose in my window etc.

I was on the up and up, so no written warning or any tickets, just a "signal your intentions a little sooner next time." 

Anyway, we all have different attitudes toward police, how we are policed etc. It's naive to think that every single person knows or understands the difference between a good stop, bad stop, lawful order or unlawful order. 

If all cops are as nice as that guy was, there may be a lot less non-compliance. Idk that, but it definitely worked with me.

Ive been pulled over by pricks ive been pulled over by good guys. Sometimes when your nice to the guy when he is a prick it throws him off and the stop goes nice. Other times no matter what you do the guy is going to be whatever he is towards you. For example i got pulled up in pouring rain for running a somewhat red light. You can make the right on red and I could have swore I made the turn before it turned. According to the cop who pulled me over it did not. Well he was one of the prick types who decided to give me his lecture in the pouring rain and throw my information around my car. Now I could have lodged a complaint but whatever I went on my merry way. I got pulled over by a trooper in NY who believed I had no idea what I was talking about and wouldnt let him in my trunk as he did not have any probably cause to search my trunk. he threatened to call the dogs I told him go right ahead. he goes where do you have all these answers I said from school and my dad being a cop. he let me go with no dogs being called. At the end of the day people are people. Some are going to abuse their power but for the most part their good people

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

"Get out the car, lay down pull your draws off."

"Ye sir ocifer

2 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Pretty sad that  2 loiterers at a Starbucks Who couldn’t comply w officers reasonable requests gets more pub than 2 cops ambushed and killed at a diner. 

Yup, I know right and right behind it is Sportsnut yelling kill whitey