I tip my hat to Pittsburg!

NotBigdaddybloom

8 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

A return to Husky Stadium on Aug 31st. The Huskies so far start the season with Chandler AZ, Orange Lutheran CA and Pittsburg CA. 

I agree, Pittsburg wants to improve and making a second trip is commendable.  The other 2 ool games are Narbonne and Valley View.  

This year’s game with Pittsburg won’t be like last year.  What do you see as Cen10’s record through the first five? I could see 2-3.

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

Well, of course. They're all CA teams.

But I remember when people used to say that Chandler could barely beat their meat, since they're in AZ.

That was years ago. However, they have proven themselves.

Those other schools have not shown any signs of being able to play a competitive game with the state's best, much less win.

There is a huge gap between Chandler and the likes of OLu, Narbonne, Pittsburgh, and Valley View (can these guys even beat their own meat??).

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Those other schools have not shown any signs of being able to play a competitive game with the state's best, much less win.

There is a huge gap between Chandler and the likes of OLu, Narbonne, Pittsburgh, and Valley View (can these guys even beat their own meat??).

That all depends on whether Colquitt can beat their own meat.

As you know, OLu beat VM by more points than Colquitt did last year. 

If Colquitt can beat their own meat, then OLu can too. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Belly Bob said:

You better hope they work. Otherwise, you've got no basis for claiming who can and can't beat their own meat. 

We don't need a daisy chain to know Pitt, OLu, VV, and Narbonne aren't anything special.

Narbonne and Olu are slightly above average, and good instate teams, but nothing special.

Pitt and VV aren't even worth discussing.

Fair enough?

• Like 1

I think FL/GA killa Chandler will be another shootout! Pick em. Up until last year when they had some coaching turnover, along with a key backup and some defensive starters following said coaches, it's always been next man up. As long as the current players acclimate, they will win the Open Championship this year. I think lol but its april...

What this coach said

The program coach Logan has built at Centennial is amazing. There is no high school in America that plays offense like they do. Their scheme and style is something you really can’t simulate in practice and I am not sure anybody has really stopped them in the past several years including us. The thing that most impressed me though was how hard their kids play. No matter what happens they just keep playing which ultimately means they are going to give themselves a chance to win no matter who the opponent is.

whats Funny is we here in California would tell everyone this exact same thing and no one believed it

1 hour ago, CCBlackhatter said:

We don't need a daisy chain to know Pitt, OLu, VV, and Narbonne aren't anything special.

Narbonne and Olu are slightly above average, and good instate teams, but nothing special.

Pitt and VV aren't even worth discussing.

Fair enough?

OLu isn't Cen10 or MD or SJB, but it doesn't follow that they can't beat their own meat, especially if Colquit can.

You need to go find your old daisy chains -- you know, the familiar ones that include DLS's OOS losses etc.

This is old hat. 

13 minutes ago, Ararar said:

What this coach said

The program coach Logan has built at Centennial is amazing. There is no high school in America that plays offense like they do. Their scheme and style is something you really can’t simulate in practice and I am not sure anybody has really stopped them in the past several years including us. The thing that most impressed me though was how hard their kids play. No matter what happens they just keep playing which ultimately means they are going to give themselves a chance to win no matter who the opponent is.

whats Funny is we here in California would tell everyone this exact same thing and no one believed it

Outta "likes"

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

OLu isn't Cen10 or MD or SJB, but it doesn't follow that they can't beat their own meat, especially if Colquit can.

You need to go find your old daisy chains -- you know, the familiar ones that include DLS's OOS losses etc.

This is old hat. 

You're trying too hard.

DLS losing OOS speaks for itself. I'm not sure I see your point.

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

3 of those teams would have been top 10 in GA last year 

am not necessarily disagreeing with your assessment, just pointing out that it’s relative 

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

According to who... A California poll?

According to the only national, objective source, those teams would be 3rd, 6th, and 8th in GA

like I said to blackhatter, I guess they suck but I’d add that it’s relative as they clearly fit in with top teams in GA — GA has a bunch of good teams but there’s a new tier that they’re not part of — no shame in that, neither is DLS, which would have been top team in GA about 75% of last 25 years (according to polls from everywhere)

or, would you like us to defer to your objective wisdom and conclude they suck and GA is great?

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

DLS losing OOS speaks for itself. 

I agree — that DLS challenges themselves and is not afraid to play anyone anywhere anytime

i wasn’t wanting to needle you about GA’s approach of having their top teams play winless FL teams to boost echs’s own algorithm of where GA stands

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I agree — that DLS challenges themselves and is not afraid to play anyone anywhere anytime

i wasn’t wanting to needle you about GA’s approach of having their top teams play winless FL teams to boost echs’s own algorithm of where GA stands

Because it would be disingenuous to do so when said GA teams were playing much better opponents.

Good for you for not making yourself seem so silly and misinformed.

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Because it would be disingenuous to do so when said GA teams were playing much better opponents.

Good for you for not making yourself seem so silly and misinformed.

Misinformed?

GA Top 5 CQ v Internatioanal School Broward 

GA 5A Champ Buford v International School Broward

GA Top 5 lowndes v International School Broward

GA Top 5 Grayson v International School Broward

Did 4 of GA’s best teams seek out a winless FL 2A team in past 2 years or not? Maybe my source is wrong.