I tip my hat to Pittsburg!

NotBigdaddybloom

On 4/16/2018 at 10:18 AM, Ararar said:

What this coach said

The program coach Logan has built at Centennial is amazing. There is no high school in America that plays offense like they do. Their scheme and style is something you really can’t simulate in practice and I am not sure anybody has really stopped them in the past several years including us. The thing that most impressed me though was how hard their kids play. No matter what happens they just keep playing which ultimately means they are going to give themselves a chance to win no matter who the opponent is.

whats Funny is we here in California would tell everyone this exact same thing and no one believed it

Oh they believe it. Its just the jelly in them that wont allow them to admit it on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Pops said:

Don’t deflect — Why did they all good play a winless 2A team from another state 

this is too big a travesty to be a councedence

If thats not all they played it doesnt matter, literally at all?

My question, which is a better overall gauge of how shitty NorCal is... Is who did NorCal actually play OOS? Coeur d'Alene? Kamehameha? Reed? Reno?

That tells us all we need to know.

3 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

If thats not all they played it doesnt matter, literally at all?

My question, which is a better overall gauge of how shitty NorCal is... Is who did NorCal actually play OOS? Coeur d'Alene? Kamehameha? Reed? Reno?

That tells us all we need to know.

SJC and BG for sure

11 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Who?  

I know DLS held them to 21.  MD held them to under 20 I think, might of been the year before that but can't think of any others.

Palo Alto beat them 15-13 in the 2010 D-I state bowl game.  The Vikings shut them out in the first half of that game.  Against everyone else that year, CC averaged 54.1 points per game.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Palo Alto beat them 15-13 in the 2010 D-I state bowl game.  The Vikings shut them out in the first half of that game.  Against everyone else that year, CC averaged 54.1 points per game.

I forgot about that.  They (Logan) refused to kick the field goals multiple times.  That was a good game.  

• 3 weeks later...

**BUMP**

It looks like Pitt had Jordan-Sandy, UT on this year's schedule but had to find a replacement after Jordan didn’t get approval to travel.

Pitt filled the opening with St. Mary's-Stockton.

Here's the Pirates pre-season schedule:

• 08/17/18    Clayton Valley (Concord, CA)
  • 08/24/18    St. Mary's (Stockton, CA)
  • 08/31/18    at Centennial (Corona, CA)
  • 09/07/18    Serra (San Mateo, CA)
  • 09/14/18    at Vacaville (Vacaville, CA)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

**BUMP**

It looks like Pitt had Jordan-Sandy, UT on this year's schedule but had to find a replacement after Jordan didn’t get approval to travel.

Pitt filled the opening with St. Mary's-Stockton.

Here's the Pirates pre-season schedule:

• 08/17/18    Clayton Valley (Concord, CA)
  • 08/24/18    St. Mary's (Stockton, CA)
  • 08/31/18    at Centennial (Corona, CA)
  • 09/07/18    Serra (San Mateo, CA)
  • 09/14/18    at Vacaville (Vacaville, CA)

That is a solid schedule for Pitt. If they get thru that 4-1 that would be impressive. 

On 4/17/2018 at 11:39 AM, Pops said:

We know that Folsom was better than anyone in GA last year and returns most of their team

I dont know, this is hard to digest given their best win was by a score over a questionable Helix team.  If they hold DLS to under 30, stay within a score (or win), and win out  the schedule to include a convincing (>20pts) victory over Chaminade, then maybe this claim would make sense to more.  Let’s say they actually beat DLS, make it to the open championship, and are competitive with (within 10pts) or beat, whichever team wins the SS bracket, then it’s a buy.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I dont know, this is hard to digest given their best win was by a score over a questionable Helix team.  If they hold DLS to under 30, stay within a score (or win), and win out  the schedule to include a convincing (>20pts) victory over Chaminade, then maybe this claim would make sense to more.  Let’s say they actually beat DLS, make it to the open championship, and are competitive with (within 10pts) or beat, whichever team wins the SS bracket, then it’s a buy.

Helix was maybe the best team Folsom beat, but was a lukewarm win in terms of impressiveness — they beat several near helix-level teams more convincingly

Folsom needed to step up their schedule — no arguement 

20 hours ago, On2whls said:

He doesnt believe that young playa. He says that pretty much every year no matter what happens.

Put Folsom is another state, doesnt even have to be GA... Put them in a state like LA, PA, MI, AL, SC... And Folsom is exposed... Thats all itd take. But no... Folsom plays in an area that has hasnt lost to another team in that area for 30 years. Theres no where else that can say anything like that, and we know it isnt because that team is just that good... As their OOS record isnt even .500 the last 15 years.

Coming to grips with reality isnt his strong suit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Folsom plays in an area that has hasnt lost to another team in that area for 30 years.

You lose credibility when you position statements like this. There's only partial truth in it. If you truly believe in what your saying, there's no need to embellish. DLS's win streak against teams North of Fresno began in 1992. That's not 30 years.

Moreover, Folsom is in the SJS and in the greater Sacramento area. That's not the same as the greater Bay area. The teams don't even play in the same section and participate in a completely different playoff bracket. Only twice have those brackets ever intersected.

The teams in the area/Section Folsom plays is 0-20 against DLS the past 26 seasons. That's not even an average of 1 game per season. From 1999 through 2009, DLS never even faced a team from Folsoms area.

Is 0-20 over a 26 year period good? Certainly not. But it's not even close to what your suggesting. As has been pointed out ad nauseam over the years on this site and DJ's, only 3 or 4 of those 20 games were against a Section contender. Most were also rans.

You've been around these message boards long enough to understand the situation. If you don't get it by now, then please stop commenting on CA football because you're coming off as completely disconnected.

If someone said Colquitt or Valdosta plays in the same area as all the ATL teams, you'd blow a gasket.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

You lose credibility when you position statements like this. There's only partial truth in it. If you truly believe in what your saying, there's no need to embellish. DLS's win streak against teams North of Fresno began in 1992. That's not 30 years.

Moreover, Folsom is in the SJS and in the greater Sacramento area. That's not the same as the greater Bay area. The teams don't even play in the same section and participate in a completely different playoff bracket. Only twice have those brackets ever intersected.

The teams in the area/Section Folsom plays is 0-20 against DLS the past 26 seasons. That's not even an average of 1 game per season. From 1999 through 2009, DLS never even faced a team from Folsoms area.

Is 0-20 over a 26 year period good? Certainly not. But it's not even close to what your suggesting. As has been pointed out ad nauseam over the years on this site and DJ's, only 3 or 4 of those 20 games were against a Section contender. Most were also rans.

You've been around these message boards long enough to understand the situation. If you don't get it by now, then please stop commenting on CA football because you're coming off as completely disconnected.

If someone said Colquitt or Valdosta plays in the same area as all the ATL teams, you'd blow a gasket.

The "area" statement means/is equal to ... NorCal. Not my fault you didnt pick up on that.

Its been 30 years foo. No other team in any state any where is even close to that. 

So now... It sounds like you are cheapening it to DLS beat no one.. Like the rest of us... Of course NorCal = no one... So no its not that impressive.

But yeah I get it ---

On 5/6/2018 at 6:16 AM, ECHS05 said:

He doesnt believe that young playa. He says that pretty much every year no matter what happens.

Put Folsom is another state, doesnt even have to be GA... Put them in a state like LA, PA, MI, AL, SC... And Folsom is exposed... Thats all itd take. But no... Folsom plays in an area that has hasnt lost to another team in that area for 30 years. Theres no where else that can say anything like that, and we know it isnt because that team is just that good... As their OOS record isnt even .500 the last 15 years.

Coming to grips with reality isnt his strong suit.

Folsom would utterly destroy the competition in those states. Those states are horrible Echs. 

You should really just stick to GA football. "Folsom plays in an area that hasnt lost to another team in that area for 30 years"... DLS didn't play SJS teams for a majority of that run. Do your research before posting next time. 

13 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

Folsom would utterly destroy the competition in those states. Those states are horrible Echs. 

You should really just stick to GA football. "Folsom plays in an area that hasnt lost to another team in that area for 30 years"... DLS didn't play SJS teams for a majority of that run. Do your research before posting next time. 

Folsom ‘14 would have won GA’s state championship by 8 TDs

echs is the extreme homer — has greatly admired boys in tight pants since he was a tyke and thinks his local heroes have “S” ‘s on their chests 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Folsom ‘14 would have won GA’s state championship by 8 TDs

The 2014 team was so special. Jake Browning, combined with all those weapons, and Jonah Williams on the offensive line. Every game was an event. Must see TV. I miss those days.

I will say that I am really looking forward to next year. The schedule is tough to start the year and I believe the boys are up for the challenge.

Good luck to everyone out there. Even the hater.

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The 2014 team was so special. Jake Browning, combined with all those weapons, and Jonah Williams on the offensive line. Every game was an event. Must see TV. I miss those days.

I will say that I am really looking forward to next year. The schedule is tough to start the year and I believe the boys are up for the challenge.

Good luck to everyone out there. Even the hater.

Welcome back Block

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Its been 30 years foo. No other team in any state any where is even close to that.

No, it's been 25 years. Can't you count? 1992 - 2017.

If other State powers never had to play regional playoffs or face the #2 team from their region most years, they very well could do something similar. Many other states had a playoff system CA didn't and still doesn't have.

Cordova was DLS before DLS in he 1970's through the 1980's and was the dominant program in NorCal. They never played DLS.

Grant Union and Elk Grove ruled the SJS in the 90's and 2000's. They never played DLS.

You just can't seem to get it through your head that had Regional and State playoffs been in place during the 90's and beyond, 151 wouldn't have happened and the NorCal streak wouldn't exist. It's all about 1 great program and a unique set of circumstances.

But go ahead and further your tired NorCal narrative. It just shows how uneducated you really are on the subject.

• Like 1