Together we stand

181pl

divided we fall..

I would ditch this whole part of the board. It just fosters division. Has this part of the board ever changed anyone's mind on the following?

1. Being a Democrat

2. Being a Republican

3. Being a liberal

4. Being a conservative

5. Being open border friendly

6. Supporting a strong border policy

7. Supporting LGBT issues

8. Being indifferent on LGBT issues

9. Being anti gun

10. Being pro second amendment

11. Being Pro Obama

12. Being Pro Donald

13. Being Pro Muslim

14. Being anti Muslim

15. Being ant Israeli

16. Being pro Israeli

17. Supporting Black Lives Matter

18. Supporting All Lives Matter

19. Supporting big govt and big taxes

20. Supporting limited govt and lower taxes

Seriously, I really doubt this board has ever made one member change their stance on any of the above or on anything else. This board is at its best when its discussing sports.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It provides a need to "vent'" on issues without spilling over into the sports forum.

You can go toe to toe, or have a discourse on whatever.

Take it away and then those issues will show up on the football forum.

The entire reason this board was created was to give the staff the ability to move these issues and posts to here and keep the Varsity board as pure to sports as possible.

• Like 1

Just now, Drummer61 said:

Valid point , but that  is why it's,"off topics"....Funny, I have thought about this and rather than change minds it may be more about finding fault with the other side or strengthening your own resolve...For me, 😏😏the later has in fact happened..

That's what you would expect. When attacked, people fight back, especially when they don't perceive a physical threat!:D 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 181pl said:

divided we fall..

I would ditch this whole part of the board. It just fosters division. Has this part of the board ever changed anyone's mind on the following?

1. Being a Democrat

2. Being a Republican

3. Being a liberal

4. Being a conservative

9. Being anti gun

11. Being Pro Obama

12. Being Pro Donald

13. Being Pro Muslim

14. Being anti Muslim

15. Being ant Israeli

16. Being pro Israeli

Seriously, I really doubt this board has ever made one member change their stance on any of the above or on anything else. This board is at its best when its discussing sports.

I'm pro-shrimp.

9AO3.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

divided we fall..

1. Being a Democrat

2. Being a Republican

3. Being a liberal

4. Being a conservative

9. Being anti gun

11. Being Pro Obama

12. Being Pro Donald

13. Being Pro Muslim

14. Being anti Muslim

15. Being ant Israeli

16. Being pro Israeli

Yeah, folks on the high school football side of this board are always changing their minds by posts from fellow posters.

I expect Opie ( @ECHS05 )     to come out and admit GA is grossly overrated any day now. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Yeah, folks on the high school football side of this board are always changing their minds by posts from fellow posters.

I expect Opie ( @ECHS05 )     to come out and admit GA is grossly overrated any day now. 

I DO believe you said they were overrated when they were actually being UNDERRATED by a certain source. Your bias is showing. LOL!

4 minutes ago, LeftOnBase said:

I DO believe you said they were overrated when they were actually being UNDERRATED by a certain source. Your bias is showing. LOL!

Everything is relative. I was right then, I am much more correct now. ;)

With the ridiculous artificial boot they still had no top 20 team last year and Opie wanted the entire top 5 from Ga in. 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Wonderful GDP news today!! We should all stand together on this great news!!! 

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/cbo-projects-gdp-headed-15-year-high

it's truly a testimony to OBie. He was handed an economy in the greatest recession ever, fought off a depression and now as a result of his policies we have great growth.

It is a shame it is marred by the giant Republican  budget and the deficit financed tax cut. 

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

yes it did.

People getting rich without working.

Sounds like a ponzi scheme doesn't it? 

No. As someone stated and I think it was you who stated the easiest you had to work you made money. So when it comes to investors and the ones who get it right can make millions. Like the old saying money makes money

Just now, HSFBfan said:

No. As someone stated and I think it was you who stated the easiest you had to work you made money. So when it comes to investors and the ones who get it right can make millions. Like the old saying money makes money

I'll never understand why the guys that work for a living celebrate the success of the non working investor class.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Check to title of this thread. You are part of the problem. 

the deficit is the problem....remember how much the deficit was talked about during the Obama days??....the bad "tax and spend" Liberals were going to bankrupt this country??....now it's the greedy Republicans who once again have taken us further down Deficit Road....what happened to all the talk "we can't pass our spending on to our children".....O.o