Calpreps Database Preseason Top 25 (as of May 2nd)

RedZone

On 5/6/2018 at 8:40 AM, ECHS05 said:

Since you are the resident CalPreps "expert" shouldn't you know that they do not have all the data in yet for every school, thus their RATINGS will not be legit until we are closer to the season.,  But I'm sure you knew this and just chose to jump on it to make CalPreps look bad and to get out your anger for being beat like you stole something by them EVERY year in the pickem. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

It has nothing to do with what ECHS said you blowhard... 

This is between me and you and your typical BS

IOW, you have no clue but just feeling like yelling “bad call” from the kiddie seats 

as long as that’s clear, carry on 

And don’t be so hard on blowhards or we’d lose all of GA

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Says the FL homer

SJB ‘13 was the best team of all time to that point and Allen also had a case but BTW had some pub and a nice September win to wrap it up before 

— BTW beat a team ranked outside top 1,000 in FL’s 5th largest division

— SJB and Allen both navigated much more difficult SOS in winning THE state championships in CA and TX

its no winder FL guys would like to take the actual results out of as much consideration as possible

@ColumbiafanSaying BTW was the best in the nation (without a doubt) is a bit much, but @Pops you exaggerate the SOS of 2013 SJB with Calpreps being you're big validation.   Make an argument without using Calpreps for once!   

2 hours ago, Pops said:

I assume by your avoidance to follow up these posts or the invitations you have to show us or at least name one better means that you have capitulated and are sucking your thumb in remonstration 

yes 

(Cue obfuscation)

I did follow up

I said i would do rankings when it was more than blind guessing and i also stated that just because it's the only rankings out there that don't mean the rankings are any good 

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Says the FL homer

SJB ‘13 was the best team of all time to that point and Allen also had a case but BTW had some pub and a nice September win to wrap it up before 

— BTW beat a team ranked outside top 1,000 in FL’s 5th largest division

— SJB and Allen both navigated much more difficult SOS in winning THE state championships in CA and TX

its no winder FL guys would like to take the actual results out of as much consideration as possible

Just because they were in a weak class don't diminish the year 

They destroyed a GA state champion on the road 55-0

They beat the FL 6a state champion (the best class according to a lot of people in Florida)

They also traveled to Bishop Gorman and won 

So BTW had a good enough resume and earned that ranking

59 minutes ago, Pops said:

IOW, you have no clue but just feeling like yelling “bad call” from the kiddie seats 

as long as that’s clear, carry on 

And don’t be so hard on blowhards or we’d lose all of GA

Last time I checked California was on the west coast. Pops you constantly do this. But if you enjoy looking stupid then ok...

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Keep in mind just how talented that BTW team was as well 

Oh i know, and I'd have taken BTW against any, but that's my opinion.   I wouldn't say it as a definitive fact.   It's certainly true that btw was ranked #1 in a lot of polls, but I don't like to be definitive in hypotheticals.  

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

It has nothing to do with what ECHS said you blowhard... 

This is between me and you and your typical BS

shall we meet at midnight at the canal and race for pinks or dueling pistols at dawn?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

@ColumbiafanSaying BTW was the best in the nation (without a doubt) is a bit much, but @Pops you exaggerate the SOS of 2013 SJB with Calpreps being you're big validation.   Make an argument without using Calpreps for once!   

I saw them — they were awesome — high 1st round QB, fastest RB in state, future NFL offensive line

sometimes i judge that my response just needs to be inside the allegation — if still off center, no worries, as long as I can prove I’m closer to truth, which in this case, I believe I am, although that BTW team was clearly great and in a fair discussion, as was Allen

the SJB team, for me, also stands out as sort of socal’s announcement that super teams will be coming — that team was 3TDs better than any socal team the prior 5 years

28 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Oh i know, and I'd have taken BTW against any, but that's my opinion.   I wouldn't say it as a definitive fact.   It's certainly that  true btw was ranked #1 in a lot of polls, but I don't like to be definitive in hypotheticals.  

Even thought my vote would be SJB, I’m NOT saying btw not deserving 

I think most years there’s 2 or 4 teams that all have a comparably credible case and in 2013 there were 3 teams better than anyone year before or after

i am saying btw won the human polls because their top 6 Miami central game came 3 months before SJB played top 6 DLS (after running top bracket in country) and Allen played top 6 Desoto on their way to winning top playoffs in country 

21 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It seems to me that CalPreps was designed to help the seeding process in the Cali sectionals then CalPreps morphed into a national deal, but the focus is on the Cali seeding process for sectionals.

The emphasis will be slanted towards Cali first and foremost.

Really can't be taken seriously at the national level, and the Folsom ranking is suspect.

giphy.gif

Was that from SNL Stormy last sat nt?   

18 hours ago, Pops said:

i am saying btw won the human polls because their top 6 Miami central game came 3 months before SJB played top 6 DLS (after running top bracket in country) and Allen played top 6 Desoto on their way to winning top playoffs in country 

Max Preps, Prep Nation and USA Today all had BTW as #1  (Max Preps composite and also included Calpreps).   All 3 pollsters also had SJB at #3  behind all 3 choosing Allen at #2.    Calpreps before Freeman's OOS state scale tinkering analysis (adjusting every rating from 2017 back) had BTW #4, Moeller #3, Allen #2 and SJB #1.   

If you look now,  Calpreps has BTW #16,  SJR #4 (previously #15),  Desoto #3,  Allen #2 and SJB #1.   

That year DLS was ranked/rated just fyi...  interestingly, MaxPreps was the only poll that ranked Bishop Gorman and Norcross in the top 25 that year.   I would say they definitely liked BTW the most.  

image.png.44bc21f7298f301693766ed0ab5ca190.png

It's kind of hard not to be excited about a team that beats a defending and repeating state champ 55-0 from a power state on the road like that and then takes out the #1 ranked team in the country at the time in-state (sorry but Miami Central and BTW don't play in December so we enjoy it sooner and the stakes are very high... like MNC high, is that a strong enough motivator or do we need to see a hand picked game in Dec. between two Cali teams to make Mythical "National" champ)?     If you think veteran pollsters are swayed by early season heroics,  remember of the 3 human pollsters, all 3 had Allen ahead of SJB.    Also, BTW beat BG in October as a wave to the pollsters lol.  

image.png.95b5d9eaa8f8f682185d526cbae4f0b6.png

Edit: for Pops, main points boldfaced lol.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Max Preps, Prep Nation and USA Today all had BTW as #1  (Max Preps composite and also included Calpreps).   All 3 pollsters also had SJB at #3  behind all 3 choosing Allen at #2.    Calpreps before Freeman's OOS state scale tinkering analysis (adjusting every rating from 2017 back) had BTW #4, Moeller #3, Allen #2 and SJB #1.   

If you look now,  Calpreps has BTW #16,  SJR #4 (previously #15),  Desoto #3,  Allen #2 and SJB #1.   

That year DLS was ranked/rated just fyi...  interestingly, MaxPreps was the only poll that ranked Bishop Gorman and Norcross in the top 25 that year.   I would say they definitely liked BTW the most.  

It's kind of hard not to be excited about a team that beats a defending and repeating state champ 55-0 from a power state on the road like that and then takes out the #1 ranked team in the country at the time in-state (sorry but Miami Central and BTW don't play in December so we enjoy it sooner and the stakes are very high... like MNC high, is that a strong enough motivator or do we need to see a hand picked game in Dec. between two Cali teams to make Mythical "National" champ)?     If you think veteran pollsters are swayed by early season heroics,  remember of the 3 human pollsters, all 3 had Allen ahead of SJB.    Also, BTW beat BG in October as a wave to the pollsters lol.  

20EEA1A7-B04A-40E9-9583-9FD5BCF648B9.png

2016 AZ goes 7-5 OOS rated #13 by Freeman,   2017 AZ goes 6-5 OOS and is rated #29.  

AZ's slide is what based on Saguaro only?  Lol.    I suppose Chandler spanking MNW and Cen10 beating STA showed state weakness?    Mountain Pointe lost to two AZ teams as well as Chaminade, CA.  

What am I missing here?   It's not just AR.   Freeman is doing some weird stuff with his new OOS state scale analysis tool tinkering.   

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

You were rambling a bit so not sure what your main point was 

if you were disagreeing that BtW won the ‘13 MNC in September let me know so we can debate 

all these new guys blasting CP but not one person has mentioned a better poll

humans did same thing the year before — no one in their right mind would objectively evaluate JC as MNC on the strength of beating a bad Plant team but that’s what human pollsters did 

btw, speaking of being impressed by BTW’s win over MC, you’d think the same thing happens in December but it doesn’t (Last game of hsfb season in 2010 was some school dismantling a top 5 unbeaten team 48-8, which was actually worse than the BTW beatdown just done by a coach with more sportsmanship).  The team was #3 in country, #1 lost and #2’s season was over for weeks — no change in order, which cost DLS the USAT MNC the same year STA got a couple of slices of one of their 2 MNC/s

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

You were rambling a bit so not sure what your main point was 

if you were disagreeing that BtW won the ‘13 MNC in September let me know so we can debate 

all these new guys blasting CP but not one person has mentioned a better poll

humans did same thing the year before — no one in their right mind would objectively evaluate JC as MNC on the strength of beating a bad Plant team but that’s what human pollsters did 

btw, speaking of being impressed by BTW’s win over MC, you’d think the same thing happens in December but it doesn’t (Last game of hsfb season in 2010 was some school dismantling a top 5 unbeaten team 48-8, which was actually worse than the BTW beatdown just done by a coach with more sportsmanship).  The team was #3 in country, #1 lost and #2’s season was over for weeks — no change in order, which cost DLS the USAT MNC the same year STA got a couple of slices of one of their 2 MNC/s

How many times do i have to repeat this 

Just because calpreps released rankings before anyone else has don't mean they are actually good and just because they only ones with preseason rankings out don't mean the rankings are good

I could have do a preseason rankings for 2019 right now and it would be the only one out

Does that mean my rankings  are good just because no others are out there?