Calpreps Database Preseason Top 25 (as of May 2nd)

RedZone

I’m the one getting agitated? The only reason you even replied is because I mentioned DLS. I just merely pointed out that I didn’t agree with the poll having BG ranked #130. You’re the one getting upset because others don’t agree with a poll that never should have been posted if it was worthless and then not expect anyone to disagree with it.

1 hour ago, Gator 82 said:

I’m the one getting agitated? The only reason you even replied is because I mentioned DLS. I just merely pointed out that I didn’t agree with the poll having BG ranked #130. You’re the one getting upset because others don’t agree with a poll that never should have been posted if it was worthless and then not expect anyone to disagree with it.

It was posted by a guy to discredit it

does that help

your mention of DLS was irrelevant both to my response and anybpoint you were trying to make 

understand what it is — an evaluative tool that uses ACTUAL RESULTS and hopefully it will dawn on you why your agitation is silly

if not, find an RPI thread and complain about who’s going to be left out of March madness NEXT YEAR

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

They shouldn't release it until it's actually somewhat correct 

They didn’t — it was found deep in the website again by a CP Denyer to attempt to discredit 

— 2nd time this month 

Id like to not see any polls until October — the human polls usually have made up their minds by then 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

It was posted by a guy to discredit it

does that help

your mention of DLS was irrelevant both to my response and anybpoint you were trying to make 

understand what it is — an evaluative tool that uses ACTUAL RESULTS and hopefully it will dawn on you why your agitation is silly

if not, find an RPI thread and complain about who’s going to be left out of March madness NEXT YEAR

Who cares why it was posted. Just because its a way too early poll, does that mean we can’t comment on it. Sounds like you’re the one who has his panties in a wad.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

They didn’t — it was found deep in the website again by a CP Denyer to attempt to discredit 

— 2nd time this month 

Id like to not see any polls until October — the human polls usually have made up their minds by then 

Why October? CalPreps National Rankings are no better in October.

Their State Rankings may be.

Because of limitations put on certain teams by state scaling... It'll never be a great poll. Getting state scaling closer to ... correct... will make it better. But its pointless to go any further than State Rankings using Computers. There is no formula that'll allow you to correct scale states to each other with the small amount of OOS games played, the small amount of games played period (15-16 games max, most play 10-11) and the small # of states that other states play.... Most states arent connected at all.

And early or not... The fact CalPreps preseason poll looks this THIS... Is a problem and tells you the mindset of its creator...

2. St. John Bosco

3. Mater Dei

4. Orange Lutheran

7. Folsom

8. Oaks Christian

15. De La Salle

16. Pittsburg

17. Mission Viejo

21. Chaminade. (9 of the Top 21)

38. Corona Centennial

45. Murrieta Valley

46. Cajon

48. Serra (San Mateo)

64. Upland

67. Serra (Gardena)

78. Servite (what the fuck?)

82. Jesuit (what the fuck #2?)

17 top 100... And 9 of the Top 21... CalPreps --- just continually forcing CA down everyones throat...

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Because of limitations put on certain teams by state scaling... It'll never be a great poll. Getting state scaling closer to ... correct... will make it better. But its pointless to go any further than State Rankings using Computers. There is no formula that'll allow you to correct scale states to each other with the small amount of OOS games played, the small amount of games played period (15-16 games max, most play 10-11) and the small # of states that other states play.... Most states arent connected at all.

And early or not... The fact CalPreps preseason poll looks this THIS... Is a problem and tells you the mindset of its creator...

2. St. John Bosco

3. Mater Dei

4. Orange Lutheran

7. Folsom

8. Oaks Christian

15. De La Salle

16. Pittsburg

17. Mission Viejo

38. Corona Centennial

45. Murrieta Valley

46. Cajon

48. Serra (San Mateo)

64. Upland

67. Serra (Gardena)

17 top 100... And 9 of the Top 21... CalPreps --- just continually forcing CA down everyones throat...

In your opinion how many games must a state play against another to properly scale them?

3 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

Who cares why it was posted. Just because its a way too early poll, does that mean we can’t comment on it. Sounds like you’re the one who has his panties in a wad.

You’ve been sent in a snipe hunt by people that know better 

even the people that don’t like CP are laughing 

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

2. St. John Bosco

3. Mater Dei

4. Orange Lutheran

7. Folsom

8. Oaks Christian

15. De La Salle

16. Pittsburg

17. Mission Viejo

38. Corona Centennial

45. Murrieta Valley

46. Cajon

48. Serra (San Mateo)

64. Upland

67. Serra (Gardena)

Give me a better one 

don’t say yours 

CP isn’t going to put Etowah in top 100

youre like the mathematician that was offered an opportunity to approach a beautiful naked girl across the room, only you’re only allowed to go half the distance at a time.  You cry “Aha, this is a trick.... you can’t ever get there.....”

the engineer in the next room concluded it was close enough and your protests interrupted his enjoyment 

it is the best poll out there 

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Give me a better one 

don’t say yours 

youre like the mathematician that was offered an opportunity to approach a beautiful naked girl across the room, only you’re only allowed to go half the distance at a time.  You cry “Aha, this is a trick.... you can’t ever get there.....”

the engineer in the next room concluded it was close enough and your protests interrupted his enjoyment 

No one ever mentioned Etowah as top 100 as always you're blowing smoke out your ass... 

51 minutes ago, Pops said:

Give me a better one 

don’t say yours 

Literally EVERY other poll has a better Top 25/100. Im sure you understand the word every... Or do you need me to type out every known poll.

Using CP... You only get to make 2 moves... That still leaves you a quarter of the room away. Some states are allowed to move 3/4 of the way each move... Some are given a hotter chick.. And some have their frank & beans cut off (Vermont) so it doesnt matter either way.

5 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

These rankings are a good starting point for the year.

The Cali teams are spot on. The other teams a tougher to gauge to location and general coverage.

It will all play out soon enough.

I won't comment on the Cali teams bc I have no idea what they have going on over on West Coast but i will tell you the FL teams are all wrong in this poll

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

I won't comment on the Cali teams bc I have no idea what they have going on over on West Coast but i will tell you the FL teams are all wrong in this poll

You may be right. I would find it tougher for the east coast teams to be gauged if they poll originates from the west coast. Although, with the Internet, it shouldn't be that hard anymore.

On 5/6/2018 at 5:52 PM, Pops said:

— 2nd time this month 

I visited the website this am and on the home page you see this... 

image.png.2dea45b2e5717685f241ee19526e2906.png

Freeman is begging us to look... maybe he's reading our forum for tinkering opinions :).  

* New Hooters staff joining August 9th, but get a sneak peak  at it now.  

1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

I visited the website this am and on the home page you see this... 

image.png.2dea45b2e5717685f241ee19526e2906.png

Freeman is begging us to look... maybe he's reading our forum for tinkering opinions :).  

* New Hooters staff joining August 9th, but get a sneak peak  at it now.  

Like I said “deep in the website”

I wish Ned would say “our initial rankings will not be released until 10/1”

in fact, all polls would benefit by that although it might have removed FL’s last MNC

It seems to me that CalPreps was designed to help the seeding process in the Cali sectionals then CalPreps morphed into a national deal, but the focus is on the Cali seeding process for sectionals.

The emphasis will be slanted towards Cali first and foremost.

Really can't be taken seriously at the national level, and the Folsom ranking is suspect.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 5/2/2018 at 7:13 AM, Columbiafan said:

Garbage  rankings 

On 5/2/2018 at 8:07 AM, Columbiafan said:

I could make a better top 25 blindfolded 

I assume by your avoidance to follow up these posts or the invitations you have to show us or at least name one better means that you have capitulated and are sucking your thumb in remonstration 

yes 

(Cue obfuscation)

52 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

2013 BTW was the best team in the nation that year

Says the FL homer

SJB ‘13 was the best team of all time to that point and Allen also had a case but BTW had some pub and a nice September win to wrap it up before 

— BTW beat a team ranked outside top 1,000 in FL’s 5th largest division

— SJB and Allen both navigated much more difficult SOS in winning THE state championships in CA and TX

its no winder FL guys would like to take the actual results out of as much consideration as possible