On a mission

shanetx1969

28 minutes ago, shanetx1969 said:

I am using the criteria of towns of 10k and under. But really intrigued with 5k and under. IE, being Van, Texas is just under 3k. Look at Arp, Texas as well. Very small but just had a hell of a player just sign with Texas. Culture shock for sure. See, this is the stuff that drives me.

You would go crazy in Louisiana.

We are Kings of the small school talent.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Very impressive! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

From Texas my vote would be newton.  Lot of talent for a small E Tx town under 3K

Newton vs Amite would be a great game.

I watched Newton in the 3A state champ game last year and they were a good squad. Pretty much dominated everyone they played last year.

• Like 1

This year Newton has 4 prospects with SEC offers.

https://247sports.com/Player/James-Sylvester-46050111

https://247sports.com/Player/Tamauzia-Brown-94118

https://247sports.com/Player/Darwin-Barlow-46036294

https://247sports.com/Player/Josh-Foster-46037136

https://247sports.com/Player/Caiden-Walker-46055344 (La-Tech commit)

You can do some major damage in the lower classes with this type talent. Newton will probably roll again this year in 3A.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 7:46 PM, RedZone said:

Newton vs Amite would be a great game.

I watched Newton in the 3A state champ game last year and they were a good squad. Pretty much dominated everyone they played last year.

Did some research on these two teams and holy cow! I had no idea of the tradition here! This is going to make for a heck of an research article to write. Another one I found is Daingerfield, Texas. They have had some awesome seasons.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shanetx1969 said:

Did some research on these two teams and holy cow! I had no idea of the tradition here! This is going to make for a heck of an research article to write. Another one I found is Daingerfield, Texas. They have had some awesome seasons.

You could honestly do that for a majority of East Texas if you wanted to.

Check out 1A Teneha.

On 6/10/2018 at 6:47 AM, shanetx1969 said:

Judging your other posts around this forum, you seem to be one that likes to stir the pot. There's at least one of your kind on every sports forum on the net. So I will choose to ignore you. It's perfectly fine to disagree. But when it turns into a pattern, you lose all creditability with other members of a board. By the way, Small towns are what makes America great. 

Agree. I love small town America. There’s some good small town hsfb played here in Cali. I love the small town rivalries!

On 6/11/2018 at 3:22 PM, 954gator said:

Last year I'd probably give the edge to Immokalee for best small town FB team in FL last year..

Immokalee's population is over 20,000. That's a veritable metropolis compared to the small potatoes that these goons are talking about.

Immokalee might actually be good, too.

Another criterion for this thread is that the team has to stink and people have to pretend that they're good and/or have great tradition.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Goldmember said:

Immokalee's population is over 20,000. That's a veritable metropolis compared to the small potatoes that these goons are talking about.

Immokalee might actually be good, too.

Another criterion for this thread is that the team has to stink and people have to pretend that they're good and/or have great tradition.

Honestly, defining the small town part was difficult lol.  For me, every place outside of Orlando, South Florida tri county area, Tampa, and Jacksonville are small towns lol.   Maybe add Melbourne/Daytona Beach area.

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Honestly, defining the small town part was difficult lol.  For me, every place outside of Orlando, South Florida tri county area, Tampa, and Jacksonville are small towns lol.   Maybe add Melbourne/Daytona Beach area.

Goldmember has no clue about small towns 

He went from South Florida to now Tallahassee, guess he's used to sharing a city with schools who would choose the county fair instead of a playoff game and would end up bringing less fans for a home game then the traveling team brings (Lincoln)

He wouldn't know the first thing about tradition or loyalty to a school, Tallahassee schools have fallen apart at the foundation in recent years, fan bases there are almost as weak as the fan bases in duval are

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Madison County comes to mind. Basically 1A football here. Because 2A and 3A are practically private school classes with a few garbage Publics sprinkled in. And 4A goes up to 1,000 which would not put them in a small town/classification. 

Don't have to be small class to be small town

Live Oak and Lake City are considered small towns even though the high schools are in high classification (5a and 7a respectively)

Madison is obviously one that is well known for being a small town school with success in FL 

I also think of someone like Trenton when i think of small town football in Florida, a lot of these towns have nothing else but high school athletics so it's part of their life,  that's usually where you get better fan support 

A lot of Metros in FL are full of empty stands every game (if you don't believe me i encourage you to check out a duval school not named Trinity Christian, Bolles, university Christian or raines) 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Madison County comes to mind. Basically 1A football here. Because 2A and 3A are practically private school classes with a few garbage Publics sprinkled in. And 4A goes up to 1,000 which would not put them in a small town/classification. 

I was thinking that even though there may technically be small towns on the Atlantic coast of Florida, I really don't see them as small towns. Like from Jupiter south to Homestead includes a lot of towns, but, the only divider is a small sign that says a new town name. It's all one big town to me. 

Same around Vero and Melbourne etc. All the towns are connected directly together. 

The small towns are along the I-10 corridor. Macclenny, Lake Butler, Greenville, Monticello etc. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I was thinking that even though there may technically be small towns on the Atlantic coast of Florida, I really don't see them as small towns. Like from Jupiter south to Homestead includes a lot of towns, but, the only divider is a small sign that says a new town name. It's all one big town to me. 

Same around Vero and Melbourne etc. All the towns are connected directly together. 

The small towns are along the I-10 corridor. Macclenny, Lake Butler, Greenville, Monticello etc. 

Some areas in the panhandle are borderline, only place in FL west of Tallahassee that i see as a urban area would be Pensacola 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Some areas in the panhandle are borderline, only place in FL west of Tallahassee that i see as a urban area would be Pensacola 

I think Panama City and it's little connected towns and Tyndall AFB , all the way to Santa Rosa Beach etc. is pretty urban these days, but, yeah, there is a lot of rural area out there. Blountstown and the like. 

Technically a town doesn't have to be rural to be a small town, but, they don't seem like small towns if they aren't rural. 

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think Panama City and it's little connected towns and Tyndall AFB , all the way to Santa Rosa Beach etc. is pretty urban these days, but, yeah, there is a lot of rural area out there. Blountstown and the like. 

Technically a town doesn't have to be rural to be a small town, but, they don't seem like small towns if they aren't rural. 

Would Lake City be considered small town in your opinion? 

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Would Lake City be considered small town in your opinion? 

Yeah. I don't see how it couldn't be really. I haven't ventured far off the interstate to the east there, but, it doesn't go far west before you're in the woods. xD

If Tifton Georgia is small town, then Lake City Fl. is small town. 

On 6/18/2018 at 5:18 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

So what would Commerce, GA be considered as...2A?

On 6/10/2018 at 9:47 AM, shanetx1969 said:

Judging your other posts around this forum, you seem to be one that likes to stir the pot. There's at least one of your kind on every sports forum on the net. So I will choose to ignore you. It's perfectly fine to disagree. But when it turns into a pattern, you lose all creditability with other members of a board. By the way, Small towns are what makes America great. 

He is what most would call a "pyle-o-shit"!  His contributions to this forum, like life, are pretty much immature and worthless.  He rides the coattails of STA and pretends to have something to do with their success and it doesn't matter if its an individual player or the team; he's the Kevin Shapiro 2.0 of STA. 

Outside of that POS, your project is a cool one.  Small school football is where it all began.  I have some sites and info on some very good small schools up in PA.  Will dig through some and take some time but I have some really good stuff on teams like these three that at one time were some of PA's best.  With the loss of the steel mills and closing of the coal mines, many small PA schools lost out.  Numbers dropped and people followed the jobs which left many of the small schools decimated and then cherry-picked by the nearby privates/parochials for the rest of the talent leaving virtually nothing for the coaches to work with.  Some survived and others didn't.

Aliquippa HS  https://www.si.com/high-school/2014/09/09/heart-football-beats-aliquippa

Mt Carmel HS   http://www.mca.k12.pa.us/wp/red-tornado-football/champions/

Southern Columbia HS  https://www.scatigerfootball.org/

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 3:22 PM, 954gator said:

Last year I'd probably give the edge to Immokalee for best small town FB team in FL.  They gave AHP a pretty good fight.   Pahokee, Belle Glade, and Clewiston are all normally pretty good small town schools.    

Pahokee and Belle Glade carry that Muck history as well.  Cool stuff!!!  

3 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

He is what most would call a "pyle-o-shit"!  His contributions to this forum, like life, are pretty much immature and worthless.  He rides the coattails of STA and pretends to have something to do with their success and it doesn't matter if its an individual player or the team; he's the Kevin Shapiro 2.0 of STA. 

Outside of that POS, your project is a cool one.  Small school football is where it all began.  I have some sites and info on some very good small schools up in PA.  Will dig through some and take some time but I have some really good stuff on teams like these three that at one time were some of PA's best.  With the loss of the steel mills and closing of the coal mines, many small PA schools lost out.  Numbers dropped and people followed the jobs which left many of the small schools decimated and then cherry-picked by the nearby privates/parochials for the rest of the talent leaving virtually nothing for the coaches to work with.  Some survived and others didn't.

Aliquippa HS  https://www.si.com/high-school/2014/09/09/heart-football-beats-aliquippa

Mt Carmel HS   http://www.mca.k12.pa.us/wp/red-tornado-football/champions/

Southern Columbia HS  https://www.scatigerfootball.org/

I never even thought about the similarities until just now 😂 

I can picture Los being a carbon copy of that crook

• Like 1