On a mission

shanetx1969

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

Are you talking about just players from small towns or very good to great NFL players from small towns?  Sorry, a little late to this thread.  Our CEO was caught sticking his pen in the company ink and had to resign so its been cray cray around up in hurr. 

Players that were good enough to make nfl were likely stars on their high school team

Nfl is full of former studs at previous 2 levels

On 6/10/2018 at 8:07 AM, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I wouldnt even break my neck over what Los says @shanetx1969  I applaud your efforts nothing wrong with wanting to give small town ball some exposure. 

You can find some pretty good small town teams in CA and TX even in FL.  

It would most certainly be a nice breathe of fresh air from the usual stuff we get... 

Totally agree with the good small town football played in those states.  Im sure there are more, but those are the big 3.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 8:23 AM, Goldmember said:

Close but still not good enough.

A bedroom community is a place that was built to specifically house people who work in a bigger city nearby. In other words, a place that wouldn't exist without the bigger city nearby.

Those are not small towns in any circumstance.

They're servicing the big city.

Agreed.  bedroom communities are just that.  I would not consider them small towns, which is what his site is about.  Preach!

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Gotcha.  So y'all mos def are not small town then.  But rich from you have done told me. lol

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Gotcha.  So y'all mos def are not small town then.  But rich from you have done told me. lol

Didn’t always used to be that way, we had 42% on free school  lunch. 

60% White, 42% Hispanic 12% Black... pretty diverse, but the housing boom is 600k and up. 

New high school, new multi purpose arena etc. 

Wont be long 5-6 years, we’ll reclassify 7a. 

Regards, 

BGW

• Like 1

On 6/17/2018 at 8:04 PM, Frosty4024 said:

You could honestly do that for a majority of East Texas if you wanted to.

Check out 1A Teneha.

I remember watching teams from Clinton and Elk City Oklahoma go at it and it was every bit as much fun as watching the big boys. All local talent and small town pride.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

I remember watching teams from Clinton and Elk City Oklahoma go at it and it was every bit as much fun as watching the big boys. All local talent and small town pride.

You guys should look up Gilmer, Texas. Coach there was Jeff Traylor. When he left to be an assistant at Texas. Gilmore named their stadium after him.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, shanetx1969 said:

You guys should look up Gilmer, Texas. Coach there was Jeff Traylor. When he left to be an assistant at Texas. Gilmore named their stadium after him.

Quite a few know about Gilmer, Carthage, and Kilgore already 👍🏻

Especially if ya follow East Texas football.  

And if ya didn't...

@DevilDog will gladly inform ya.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Quite a few know about Gilmer, Carthage, and Kilgore already 👍🏻

Especially if ya follow East Texas football.  

And if ya didn't...

@DevilDog will gladly inform ya.

This says it all right here.  Beast Texas Small Ball.  Packing Lobo Stadium for Playoffs.  Gilmer with 2 4* Kids with a 3* QB and GLadewater led by a 5*  270 NT/FB who was defensive MVP of Under Armor All Star game.  Physical kids out there in the Piney Woods with a lot of damn speed.  1st video short explaining the crowd bottom one has highlights of the game. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shanetx1969 said:

The latest article if anyone is interested. I'm running out of money to hire writers lol. But this guy had an article featured on ESPN. 

http://www.smalltownfootball.com/behind-the-scenes-of-high-school-football-recruiting/

Louisana and Florida coming up soon. Is anyone interested in six man football?

Man, when was the last time 6 man was played, 70s?

Nice article!

Thanks,

BGW

• Haha 1