Duncanville vs Evangel Christian @ SMU

RedZone

Saw on the North La forum Evangel will war with Duncanville at SMU's Gerald J. Ford Stadium. That's pretty cool, I guess.

Haven't heard or read much about Evangel this off-season. Hope they have a little bit of something.

Evangel Christian's first 3 games. 

8/31 - Bishop Dunne, Texas (at Evangel)
9/7 - North Little Rock, Arkansas (Battle on the Border at Indy Shreveport)
9/15 - Duncanville, Texas (at SMU)

SMU's Gerald J. Ford Stadium

image_handler.jpg

Really struggling finding reasons to have Evangel ranked in my Top 20 honestly. Last year was suppose to be the BIG YEAR for Evangel and they couldn't even win D1 Select. I guess I'll have them somewhere between 15-20 just because they are Evangel and are "suppose" to have some good players. They have a couple. People sure are NOT hyping them this year. I know that much.

Anyways, Duncanville's Panther Stadium holds 10,000 and would have been more than ok.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Im actually most interested in seeing North Little Rock vs Evangel... Would like to know if NLR is legit or an imposter among the rankings.

They return 14 starters from their undefeated State Title team.

Preseason #1 in Arkansas.

North Little Rock opens up with 6A-2 Oklahoma State Champ Booker T Washington (Tulsa)

Booker T put up a decent fight vs West Monroe at the BOB last year (Booker T's only loss)

Booker T, OK and Midwest City, OK will travel to Arkansas. A decent doubleheader.

You might want to update your OOS game list once or twice.

http://okpreps.com/2018/05/17/arkansas-oklahoma-battle-coming/

For the last several seasons, Booker T Washington and Midwest City have been squaring off early on in the season and have played some classics. In fact, they had a hard-hitting overtime battle early on in the 2017 season. Now they’ll be teaming up to kick off the 2018 campaign. Kind of. The Hornets and the Bombers will head to Bentonville, Arkansas on August 25th for games against Arkansas powers Bentonville and North Little Rock.

The “Border Battle” will kick off with a pair of defending champions as the Hornets, who won 6A-D2 a season ago, will face North Little Rock, who won Arkansas’ 7A state title. That game is scheduled to start at 4:30. Midwest City will square off with the host Bentonville Tigers following the first game. Bentonville and North Little Rock faced off in the 7A championship game last season.

This isn’t anything new for Oklahoma teams. Jenks and Union partnered up for a back to back series with DeSoto and Euless Trinity down in Texas earlier in the decade. Jenks would play DeSoto and Union would face off with Euless Trinity and then the following year they would swap opponents.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Really struggling finding reasons to have Evangel ranked in my Top 20 honestly. Last year was suppose to be the BIG YEAR for Evangel and they couldn't even win D1 Select. I guess I'll have them somewhere between 15-20 just because they are Evangel and are "suppose" to have some good players. They have a couple. People sure are NOT hyping them this year. I know that much.

Anyways, Duncanville's Panther Stadium holds 10,000 and would have been more than ok.

True, I really don’t know why SMU n not panther stadium. It’s not as if they share the stadium with anyone, so it would be available . 

I went to a SMU college game a few years back and yeah parking stunk. I paid more for parking than for the ticket to the game and still had to walk far! 

One of the craziest games I ever been to. SMU scores a school record 72 points against Houston and had 5 defensive touchdowns in the game. 4 pick sixes. 

Went with my pops. It was cold as hell. Good memories 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

True, I really don’t know why SMU n not panther stadium. It’s not as if they share the stadium with anyone, so it would be available . 

D'ville and ECA will not come close to filling up Ford Stadium.  Kincade Stadium would have been a better choice if they wanted a neutral site.  ECA is always a tough out.  It does help that it is a Saturday game and will not compete with some of the other big games that weekend. 

I am more interested in Desoto vs. Dunne which will be played the same night. 

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Kinda like Cocoa. Over matched and you pretty much know the result before the game is played. I wonder what ECA's all time record against Texas is 

Like cocoa, ECA is not running from TX top competition.  They have played SLC, Lufkin, LT, Allen, LV and now duncanville when they were all top level teams. I give them props for that. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Like cocoa, ECA is not running from TX top competition.  They have played SLC, Lufkin, LT, Allen, LV and now duncanville when they were all top level teams. I give them props for that. 

Evangel and Abilene had a classic game too. Abilene beat Evangel 19-15 in 2004.

Abilene finished #3 in TX that year. Only loss was to SLC in the playoffs 35-30.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Evangel has played more top Texas teams than the entire state of Florida.

Evangel is an hour from Texas while Florida is anywhere between 7-20 hours away from Houston or Dallas

And we still played Katy, Allen, Cedar Hill, SLC, Aledo, Desoto, and Abilene.

What is ECA's record against Texas?  Post the record then get off your knees and  wipe your mouth 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

They must be expecting a SLC/MNW type crowd. 

Over 30,000 at that game. 

Lets just hope Evangel can stay within 4 touchdowns or the concessions will look pretty sad at halftime 😂

If they had last years defense the game would be VERY close...

Evangel's problems are on the Offense when they actually play teams that can play athlete-for-athlete...

This year...well...

6 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

If they had last years defense the game would be VERY close...

Evangel's problems are on the Offense when they actually play teams that can play athlete-for-athlete...

This year...well...

They have the balls of Cocoa but a participation trophy is all they'll get from this running clock game