Marietta forfeits games ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Woodchopper

On 7/24/2018 at 7:28 PM, CCBlackhatter said:

Our player living a few miles from the district boundary had parents who were smart enough to enroll their kid in the 8th grade.

They could have taken the metro route and waited to see who would have the best team on any given year and attempt to skirt the by laws, thus jeopardizing their kid and the rest of the team.

How dare Chase's parents do it the right way.

Instead of deflecting, just own up and admit that what Marietta and others up there are doing is against the bylaws of the GHSA (whether you consider it to be fair or not).

If Colquitt was up to no good, I can promise you that the GHSA would take action. Our opponents have been trying to peg us for breaking rules since Rush came to town.

Do it the right way?ย  No.ย  Doing it the right way would have been moving into Colquitt County.ย  They chose not to do that.ย  Instead they chose to *never* live in the county/district their son went to school in.ย  Complain about us all you want but know your hands aren't perfectly clean while you are typing.

On 7/24/2018 at 8:29 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I assure you, any time someone moves in or transfers to Colquitt, it is THOROUGHLY investigated. It's actually much easier for them to check us, because we just aren't seeing 7 a year.ย 

Hell, Steven Krajewski's dad bought a house in Moultrie where he still resides right now, just saw him today in the yard. Yet, the GHSA investigates and discovered that his mom and brother had "not yet" moved to Moultrie and it took an act of congress to finally get the kid eligibility to play.ย 

Yet, the Taylor's pull their shit with lot's of people all around the state screaming about it and nothing. NOTHING.

Here today we have a thread where, some paperwork got fudged, someone pointed a finger and BAM! Something.

Look back at the Taylors. NOTHING.ย 

The system is wack.ย 

There is just seemingly different levels of scrutiny. It doesn't appear to be a level playing field at all which is the main reason you see people fussing about it.ย 

ALL the Taylors moved to Grayson and shut utilities off at the Covington home rendering it unable to be occupied.ย  After the season (during which there were weekly checks, not just one at the beginning of the season) they all were in Grayson.ย  After the season was complete, Mr. Taylor moved back to Covington and took Kurt with him.ย  At that point, and not until that point, Kurt became ineligible for further participation in GA high school athletics.ย  His mother and sister stayed in Grayson.ย  I don't know what those family dynamics were about and I really don't care as it isn't my business.ย  By the GHSA constitution in place at the time, the GHSA could not do anything because it was legal.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2018 at 9:12 AM, ORabidOne said:

HEY DUMB ASS, Colquitt's 2017 QB made a physical move to Moultrie in the summer of 2015! Only to be told by the GHSA, that dear ole MOM had to be there TOO, even though the family had purchased a house in HOG HOLLER! He wasn't eligible for varsity play, until 2017! No such stipulation was made to the lil smartass Grayson RB from Covington! Whose MOM NEVER left for Grayson! In fact, dear ole DAD never really moved EITHER! But they still stole that trophy!

Liar.ย  Not only did his mom and sister move to Grayson, they stayed after he and his dad went back to Covington and you know that because I've told you multiple times.

Do you tell these lies so much that you begin to believe them?

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2018 at 4:31 PM, ORabidOne said:

a pissain't city population of 12,000!

Gee, Moultrie's 2016 population is listed at 14,361 while Buford's 2016 population is listed at 14,356.ย  Do the extra 5 people keep Moultrie from being a "pissain't" city?ย  If so, why?ย  Just asking.

3 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

Well you see I donโ€™t know what Administration did but the families had No part in it and the truth set you free!!ย http://www.cbs46.com/clip/14528641/marietta-hs-football-track-team-forced-to-forfeit-last-seasons-wins

So the school cheated. I don't think anyone really ever blamed the parents. It's the school that I've blamed the entire time.ย 

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Your'e right.ย  The drug labs in your single wides are what mos def make your kind experts in that area.ย  Along with banging your sisters.ย 

Wait.ย  The recreational drug capitol of the US and possibly the world is calling GA experts?ย  Dang, I guess "they" are correct.ย  That stuff *will* rot your brain.ย  ๐Ÿ˜Ž

24 minutes ago, Fred said:

ALL the Taylors moved to Grayson and shut utilities off at the Covington home rendering it unable to be occupied.ย  After the season (during which there were weekly checks, not just one at the beginning of the season) they all were in Grayson.ย  After the season was complete, Mr. Taylor moved back to Covington and took Kurt with him.ย  At that point, and not until that point, Kurt became ineligible for further participation in GA high school athletics.ย  His mother and sister stayed in Grayson.ย  I don't know what those family dynamics were about and I really don't care as it isn't my business.ย  By the GHSA constitution in place at the time, the GHSA could not do anything because it was legal.

So the "must stay for one year" clause got added after this happened? I have to be honest and say I don't know.ย 

It doesn't say anything about family dynamics. Just that the entire family unit must move. Then it goes on to say they should stay for one year lest the student's move can't be considered bona fide and then is ruled migrant. The way I read it, that is retroactive because the bona fide move isn't completed until the one year threshold is met.ย 

The actual player didn't even remain.ย 

Now, it does state something about hardship clause and whatever. Maybe they filed that. I have less idea than you I'm sure. I'm just reading the rule and trying to figure how it was followed in their situation. Perhaps it changed immediately after this. Again I don't know. It looks pretty smelly though is all I'm saying.

We see OLB76 claiming one of their families in question moved in and then left yet is ineligible. I'm trying to understand the difference outside of different leadership in the GHSA now vs. then.ย 

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So the "must stay for one year" clause got added after this happened? I have to be honest and say I don't know.ย 

It doesn't say anything about family dynamics. Just that the entire family unit must move. Then it goes on to say they should stay for one year lest the student's move can't be considered bona fide and then is ruled migrant. The way I read it, that is retroactive because the bona fide move isn't completed until the one year threshold is met.ย 

The actual player didn't even remain.ย 

Now, it does state something about hardship clause and whatever. Maybe they filed that. I have less idea than you I'm sure. I'm just reading the rule and trying to figure how it was followed in their situation. Perhaps it changed immediately after this. Again I don't know. It looks pretty smelly though is all I'm saying.

We see OLB76 claiming one of their families in question moved in and then left yet is ineligible. I'm trying to understand the difference outside of different leadership in the GHSA now vs. then.ย 

I don't know the answer.ย  I say what I did because that was how it was interpreted in Kurt's case.ย  Everything was legal.ย  Once he moved back he became migrant and ineligible.ย  I'm told he wasn't happy because he wanted to run track but couldn't at that point.ย  The one year move I think applies if the athlete stays at the same school but the family moves out. I think that rule could use a major rewrite for clarification.ย  I don't think even the lawyers know what it means.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

I don't know the answer.ย  I say what I did because that was how it was interpreted in Kurt's case.ย  Everything was legal.ย  Once he moved back he became migrant and ineligible.ย  I'm told he wasn't happy because he wanted to run track but couldn't at that point.ย  The one year move I think applies if the athlete stays at the same school but the family moves out. I think that rule could use a major rewrite for clarification.ย  I don't think even the lawyers know what it means.

I gotcha. So basically the difference between the Taylor ruling and the Marietta ruling is that the kid at Marietta moved in, and moved out yet continued to play ball at Marietta. Kurt stayed for the entire season therefore was eligible for that time period.ย 

I guess I can see that being a way to look at it. It must be the answer, because any other way of viewing it makes the entire system appear to be a joke.ย 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I gotcha. So basically the difference between the Taylor ruling and the Marietta ruling is that the kid at Marietta moved in, and moved out yet continued to play ball at Marietta. Kurt stayed for the entire season therefore was eligible for that time period.ย 

I guess I can see that being a way to look at it. It must be the answer, because any other way of viewing it makes the entire system appear to be a joke.ย 

Let em play wherever they can find transportation to and fro. Take the gloves off, and Colquitt has every South Georgia player worth a salt, they want, in Rushbo's world.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JCGIII said:

In case some of y'all didn't get the drift, I believe a boy should play for the coach and school of his choice.

There is no doubt that I can see a few players around the area that I would love to see play for the Packers. I just think that outside of a metro that isn't going to be a really sustainable path. It could be. Idk.ย 

If your local talent stops playing or trying to make the team because they keep being beaten out at their positions by kids rolling in from out of town then you are left to rely on that pipeline of talent rolling in from out of town.ย 

I really think we have learned a way to compete nicely within the rules and without a constant revolving door of kids from out of district. Not that there is anything wrong with that way either, I'm no Rab.ย 

I just do like what we are doing hereย with local kids and the occasional transfer. I think it's pretty amazing the difference in how we are having to do it vs. how the other dominant programs in the state do it. Huge difference with similar results. I think it's pretty genius actually. I guess you get that with an evil genius for a coach.ย 

28 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So the school cheated. I don't think anyone really ever blamed the parents. It's the school that I've blamed the entire time.ย 

So you think the school cheated and this was not a mistake? Could been but highly doubt it. Considering all the lies and false rumors created by a guy that is set out to destroy our program. There hasnโ€™t been any evidence other than those two kids of any wrong doing.ย Ourย football team or coaches had nothing to do with it. I know the ADย involved and he is a great man of character. So I believe him 100%

Now IF (and thatโ€™s a big if)ย the AD meant to cheated. He hasย lost his job along with his assistant. School got fined and gamesย taken away for football and they lost a track region title over one of the students.ย 

So why should the students get punishment? For what? I know for going to school one block from where his mom works and sisters go to school. Playing a sport he loves. I know they should have left him in another school district so he could come home and do whatever he would like until his family comes home. That happens way to much and is a big reason our youth is so out of control.

ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

So you think the school cheated and this was not a mistake? Could been but highly doubt it. Considering all the lies and false rumors created by a guy that is set out to destroy our program. There hasnโ€™t been any evidence other than those two kids of any wrong doing.ย Ourย football team or coaches had nothing to do with it. I know the ADย involved and he is a great man of character. So I believe him 100%

Now IF (and thatโ€™s a big if)ย the AD meant to cheated. He hasย lost his job along with his assistant. School got fined and gamesย taken away for football and they lost a track region title over one of the students.ย 

So why should the students get punishment? For what? I know for going to school one block from where his mom works and sisters go to school. Playing a sport he loves. I know they should have left him in another school district so he could come home and do whatever he would like until his family comes home. That happens way to much and is a big reason our youth is so out of control.

ย 

Yeah, idk. It's a tough thing. Especially for the kids.ย 

ย 

It's totally up to the school to make sure everything is on the up and up with the transfers. They have to know and understand the rules. I hate to think anyone would cheat other kids knowingly, but, it happens. It's a competitive atmosphere with production being what drives the pay for the coaches and others involved. The will to do what it takes for an advantage is there and if it's a deep enough will... Well, people may cheat intentionally.ย 

At the minimum, someone, more than one person even,ย didn't understand the rules.ย 

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah, idk. It's a tough thing. Especially for the kids.ย 

ย 

It's totally up to the school to make sure everything is on the up and up with the transfers. They have to know and understand the rules. I hate to think anyone would cheat other kids knowingly, but, it happens. It's a competitive atmosphere with production being what drives the pay for the coaches and others involved. The will to do what it takes for an advantage is there and if it's a deep enough will... Well, people may cheat intentionally.ย 

At the minimum, someone, more than one person even,ย didn't understand the rules.ย 

I agree with youย for the most part.