Marietta forfeits games 😎

Woodchopper

So what ramifications are actually happening? I mean yeah the games were forfeited, which only effects historical record. The kids that played the games till got the college looks, still got to experience the games, etc etc. I mean sure, if they won a a championship it would suck, but they didn’t, so what real punishment has occurred?

4 minutes ago, ron169 said:

So what ramifications are actually happening? I mean yeah the games were forfeited, which only effects historical record. The kids that played the games till got the college looks, still got to experience the games, etc etc. I mean sure, if they won a a championship it would suck, but they didn’t, so what real punishment has occurred?

The punishment is...Marietta went to the playoffs last year and some other deserving team did not.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Trsut me, the colquitt posters on here do. lol

1 hour ago, OLB76 said:

Our kids deserved to play every game none of them did anything wrong and neither did the parents. 

I hope Marietta does well. 

But I have to warn you... 

The Californians are far worse than Colquitt fans... 

From Blue Devil to Blue Devil... 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OLB76 said:

Our kids deserved to play every game none of them did anything wrong and neither did the parents. 

Well...that's kinda hard to swallow.  Cause if they didn't do anything wrong...Marietta wouldn't be vacating 2017 wins.   

Rufus>>

22 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...that's kinda hard to swallow.  Cause if they didn't do anything wrong...Marietta wouldn't be vacating 2017 wins.   

Rufus>>

Right?

And if it were nothing but a clerical error then we know the GHSA would have pushed it aside. Let's be real here.

They also would not be on such a short leash if there wasn't a little more fire to the smoke.

This is the pansy ass GHSA we are talking about here.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Right?

And if it were nothing but a clerical error then we know the GHSA would have pushed it aside. Let's be real here.

Hey....the Marietta fellow is using the Florida "stand your ground" law to defend...and personally...I don't care...but coming on and screaming we didn't do anything wrong...our kids are innocent...this is a witch hunt...it's all fake news...the Russians rigged the paperwork and there's probably more metaphors but my attention span is running low....is a tad lame.

Honestly...I'm not surprised that the GHSA vacated wins.  it makes no nevermind.  No harm...no foul.

I just remember Grayson saying the same thing.  And then Mr. Taylor came along......

Rufus>>

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hey....the Marietta fellow is using the Florida "stand your ground" law to defend...and personally...I don't care...but coming on and screaming we didn't do anything wrong...our kids are innocent...this is a witch hunt...it's all fake news...the Russians rigged the paperwork and there's probably more metaphors but my attention span is running low....is a tad lame.

Honestly...I'm not surprised that the GHSA vacated wins.  it makes no nevermind.  No harm...no foul.

I just remember Grayson saying the same thing.  And then Mr. Taylor came along......

Rufus>>

Marietta probably regrets that Mr. Watson and Conn Job were not the ones handling the creative player acquisition procedures... Otherwise, they would have an extra 8 wins and $1500.

The GHSA did nothing more than slap them on the hand and ensured Marietta will be a little more vigilant as to who handles their transfer paperwork from here on out. I'm sure the head coach will triple check the files now and "correct" any "errors".

3 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

And yet the Colquitt and Hoover group is just perfect as in Jesus perfect, no two family households, no fund raising irregularities, no qb’s living outside the district, no head butting players, everything done right. 

Right?

Riiiiggghhhttt.....Carry on,

BGW

Idk about all that, but, so far... No flim flammed paper work. 

Colquitt gets investigated harder than most anyone, which is why we watch so heavily what everyone else is pulling, and seemingly getting away with at times. 

This time, someone got caught and we get to say "AHA!" "We knew y'all were up to no good." xD 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

And yet the Colquitt and Hoover group is just perfect as in Jesus perfect, no two family households, no fund raising irregularities, no qb’s living outside the district, no head butting players, everything done right. 

Right?

Riiiiggghhhttt.....Carry on,

BGW

Our player living a few miles from the district boundary had parents who were smart enough to enroll their kid in the 8th grade.

They could have taken the metro route and waited to see who would have the best team on any given year and attempt to skirt the by laws, thus jeopardizing their kid and the rest of the team.

How dare Chase's parents do it the right way.

Instead of deflecting, just own up and admit that what Marietta and others up there are doing is against the bylaws of the GHSA (whether you consider it to be fair or not).

If Colquitt was up to no good, I can promise you that the GHSA would take action. Our opponents have been trying to peg us for breaking rules since Rush came to town.

38 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Our player living a few miles from the district boundary had parents who were smart enough to enroll their kid in the 8th grade.

They could have taken the metro route and waited to see who would have the best team on any given year and attempt to skirt the by laws, thus jeopardizing their kid and the rest of the team.

How dare Chase's parents do it the right way.

Instead of deflecting, just own up and admit that what Marietta and others up there are doing is against the bylaws of the GHSA (whether you consider it to be fair or not).

If Colquitt was up to no good, I can promise you that the GHSA would take action. Our opponents have been trying to peg us for breaking rules since Rush came to town.

Shut up 🤐 

Just shut up 🤐 

BGW

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk about all that, but, so far... No flim flammed paper work. 

Colquitt gets investigated harder than most anyone, which is why we watch so heavily what everyone else is pulling, and seemingly getting away with at times. 

This time, someone got caught and we get to say "AHA!" "We knew y'all were up to no good." xD 

Why would y’all get investigated harder?

Damn near need to parachute drop into Moultrie, y’all just about as isolated as Rome but not as bad as Camden

I dunno bout that Hawgie 

Im not seeing it, bro. 

I’m angry at Marietta leadership and I feel for those kids and I’m seeing posters taking a morbid glee in all of this  

This is a black eye for Ga football  

Im done with it, said my piece  

Regards

BGW

• Like 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Damn near need to parachute drop into Moultrie, y’all just about as isolated as Rome but not as bad as Camden

I dunno bout that Hawgie 

Im not seeing it, bro. 

I’m angry at Marietta leadership and I feel for those kids and I’m seeing posters taking a morbid glee in all of this  

Regards

BGW

I assure you, any time someone moves in or transfers to Colquitt, it is THOROUGHLY investigated. It's actually much easier for them to check us, because we just aren't seeing 7 a year. 

Hell, Steven Krajewski's dad bought a house in Moultrie where he still resides right now, just saw him today in the yard. Yet, the GHSA investigates and discovered that his mom and brother had "not yet" moved to Moultrie and it took an act of congress to finally get the kid eligibility to play. 

Yet, the Taylor's pull their shit with lot's of people all around the state screaming about it and nothing. NOTHING. 

Here today we have a thread where, some paperwork got fudged, someone pointed a finger and BAM! Something. 

Look back at the Taylors. NOTHING. 

The system is wack. 

There is just seemingly different levels of scrutiny. It doesn't appear to be a level playing field at all which is the main reason you see people fussing about it. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I dunno bout that Hawgie 

Im not seeing it, bro. 

Regards

BGW

At least Buford self reported their clerical mistake back in 2012. That was wise of the Buford administration. Having to forfeit two meaningless games and pay $250 makes Marietta's slap on the wrist look like "severe punishment".