Marietta forfeits games ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Woodchopper

40 minutes ago, Warrior said:

OLB76, do you think this is over? There is a lot of talk that more is to come.

Maybe it's just talk. It could be that people think, if they tried to get away with this, that they're in deeper than that. Seems like a logical conclusion to me, but, it could be way off the mark.ย 

If we are blaming the athletic dept. for everything, and they didn't understand the rules and made mistakes, just how many did they really make? Etc. Etc.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe it's just talk. It could be that people think, if they tried to get away with this, that they're in deeper than that. Seems like a logical conclusion to me, but, it could be way off the mark.ย 

If we are blaming the athletic dept. for everything, and they didn't understand the rules and made mistakes, just how many did they really make? Etc. Etc.

Well....if it even turns out to be nothing more...I think it's pretty safe to say that Marietta is about to receive the Rush treatment. ย Everything they do is gonna be scrutinized to no end. ย Hey...it's somebody else's turn in the fish bowl !!!!!

ย 

ย 

Rufus>>

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warrior said:

OLB76, do you think this is over? There is a lot of talk that more is to come.

I have heard everyone checked out fine. Nothing more to see!

ย 

Guys I am finding this is way deeper than you want to think. Stay tuned your mouths are going to drop. The Cobb guys are going to potty themselves.

21 minutes ago, OLB76 said:

I have heard everyone checked out fine. Nothing more to see!

ย 

Guys I am finding this is way deeper than you want to think. Stay tuned your mouths are going to drop. The Cobb guys are going to potty themselves.

If this is all there is, 2 clerical errors I'll be the 1st to say the punishment is overblown for the infractions.ย 

Once again, what punishment? Im not saying that Marietta should be punished. But I will say that I dont think any kid has been punished. Sure, they had their games last year forfeited, but they still played the games. They talents were on film. They got the looks from the college coaches. Now if there was talk about having to forfeit this season and not play games, I could see that, but there isnt talk about that, just a couple thousand dollar fine.

21 hours ago, OLB76 said:

The only thing that has happened is two kids and their families have been shit on.

This is what I know for sure

1- Two years ago 2ย parents kids couldnโ€™t cut the mustard when a couple of new kids showed up(not even the two in doubt) and started sending lies about the new coach to every cobb county coach. Which in turn they sent them to GHSA. One of the parents starting usingย burner phones to send him text messages of hate and vowing to ruin his career for the past two years. Which no one cares about. These parent resend letters every 2 months to keep it going. This part is about to come to a headย because the last one sent had terroristicย ย threats in it.

2- because of those fabricated lies and stories from the disgruntled parents the Cobb county Coaches have joinedย in on the crusade because Marietta will be tough to beat as long as they have a good coach.ย 

3- They have dug into the program over the last 10 months and all they have found isย the two errors. They where true errors here is why. The ladyย administration thought that if the parents worked for the school system the could go to school and play sports. This was not true. They could attend school but could not play sports unless they worked for the high school. The person in the administrationย ย who filled out they worked for theย high school. Which they didnโ€™t. So by the by-laws that is a violation.

Ok now you have 2- students that the families never falsified, mislead or decivied any paperwork or persons. Just to find out the people that is put in place to ย guide you didnโ€™t have a clue and screwed their eligibility up. Thisย could hurt these kids chances of going to college to play football. We are talking about duel enrollment students and 3.7 GPA or better students.

As a result MCS is going to get two of the biggest lawsuits that I can recall over the years. So stay tune these so called โ€œrecruited kids โ€œย are going to hammerย MCS and anyone else in Cobb that wants it.ย 

You can not punish innocent children because of the schools negligence.ย 

So carry on with your opinion of recruitment because the TRUTH is coming. Theseย parents arenโ€™t going to stand by and let this harm their kids future.ย 

ย 

Thanks for this, OLB76 and apologies for ccblackhatters idiotic, insensitive post.

Hope every thing works out in spite of this.

Regards,

BGW

Also, still curious as to where these young men will be playing this year?

Is the punishment that we are hearing for the kids that they can't play at Marietta?ย 

They probably have to go back to their home district school, right?ย 

I guess that could be punishment depending on which school that is.ย 

On โ€Ž7โ€Ž/โ€Ž25โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 7:17 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Good luck finding anything at Buford, Shithead.ย 

Unless thereโ€™s wholesale administrative turnover, it ainโ€™t happening. It is done the right way regardless what you think youโ€™ve heard from your daddy Rab.ย 

You really need to think for yourself for a change.ย 

Regards

AllKnowingAsshole

How can it be the WRONG way in BOOfartia? When the GHSA is kissing your asses 24/7? Or do you think that EVERYBODY has OPEN ENROLLMENT in an adjacent area of 3,000,000, yet plays in AAAAA, because the CITY population is a mere 12,000? ! Or maybe you think that other public schools in Georgia, draw SPLOST funding from TWO COUNTIES, of maybe 1,000,000 PLUS? And top THAT, when a significant number of the ATL's pro athletes, due to your pseudo success in the bush leagues! Strives to get THEIR kid into the lil CITY school in Boofartia, to get um a cheap ring!

C'MON, GROW a PAIR, and opt to play UP in BIG BOY BALL! And they'll give you another attitude adjustment like you got after your trip to Cantrell Stadium in Powerdery Springs!

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The rules just aren't that complicated. I think folks like these parents working for the school system should know as well as anyone what the rules are and how they apply to their kids. If they didn't do their own due diligence, they're just as much at fault imo.ย 

Unless you are suggesting someone outright lied to them to get their kids onto the team. In which case, sounds like it could be misconstrued as something deeper than just a mistake.ย 

There had to be a few people involved in this mistake. Just sayin'.

I find it hard to believe people just conveniently make mistakes like this, as I'm sure so does the GHSA, else they wouldn't have levied fines, probation and vacated wins.ย 

ย 

I do wish the kids best of luck though. Any word on their unique situations? Will they be able to play back at the correct school this year? Not sure if I ever knew what grade they're in or anything.ย 

It's always been interesting to ME, how ONE parent can work in the school system in Marietta to be eligible! Yet, Krajewski was denied eligibility until BOTH parents made a physical move to Colquitt county!ย 

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The rules just aren't that complicated. I think folks like these parents working for the school system should know as well as anyone what the rules are and how they apply to their kids. If they didn't do their own due diligence, they're just as much at fault imo.ย 

Unless you are suggesting someone outright lied to them to get their kids onto the team. In which case, sounds like it could be misconstrued as something deeper than just a mistake.ย 

There had to be a few people involved in this mistake. Just sayin'.

I find it hard to believe people just conveniently make mistakes like this, as I'm sure so does the GHSA, else they wouldn't have levied fines, probation and vacated wins.ย 

ย 

I do wish the kids best of luck though. Any word on their unique situations? Will they be able to play back at the correct school this year? Not sure if I ever knew what grade they're in or anything.ย 

HOW is THIS a different situation to GRAYSON? Where one of their players, A STARTING RB, NEVER lived in the Grayson district? You can't tell me that there is equal justice for ALL in metro! Grayson SHOULD be stripped of it's 2016 State Championship, and it given to ROSWELL by default!

16 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Funny coincidence that these same shenanigans are following coach Morgan all the way from VA!!

he needs to hire a new person to fill out this damn paperwork. ๐Ÿ˜‰

HOW do you think that this clown was successful in ole Virginnie? HELL, Colquitt BITCH SLAPPED the BAD ASS of Virginia last season! TRANSFERRING is ALL these folks on the Eastern Seaboard KNOW!

On โ€Ž7โ€Ž/โ€Ž25โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 7:26 PM, CCBlackhatter said:

They said the same thing about Marietta. I'm proud of you guys for stepping up and doing things the right way since that scare in 2012.

Do you mean, no more transfers? All they do NOW, is load up on the eighth graders that they know will be DI quality! Or do you think that all pissaint lil schools from a city of 12,000, have FIVE MAJOR DI OL?xD

23 hours ago, OLB76 said:

The only thing that has happened is two kids and their families have been shit on.

This is what I know for sure

1- Two years ago 2ย parents kids couldnโ€™t cut the mustard when a couple of new kids showed up(not even the two in doubt) and started sending lies about the new coach to every cobb county coach. Which in turn they sent them to GHSA. One of the parents starting usingย burner phones to send him text messages of hate and vowing to ruin his career for the past two years. Which no one cares about. These parent resend letters every 2 months to keep it going. This part is about to come to a headย because the last one sent had terroristicย ย threats in it.

2- because of those fabricated lies and stories from the disgruntled parents the Cobb county Coaches have joinedย in on the crusade because Marietta will be tough to beat as long as they have a good coach.ย 

3- They have dug into the program over the last 10 months and all they have found isย the two errors. They where true errors here is why. The ladyย administration thought that if the parents worked for the school system the could go to school and play sports. This was not true. They could attend school but could not play sports unless they worked for the high school. The person in the administrationย ย who filled out they worked for theย high school. Which they didnโ€™t. So by the by-laws that is a violation.

Ok now you have 2- students that the families never falsified, mislead or decivied any paperwork or persons. Just to find out the people that is put in place to ย guide you didnโ€™t have a clue and screwed their eligibility up. Thisย could hurt these kids chances of going to college to play football. We are talking about duel enrollment students and 3.7 GPA or better students.

As a result MCS is going to get two of the biggest lawsuits that I can recall over the years. So stay tune these so called โ€œrecruited kids โ€œย are going to hammerย MCS and anyone else in Cobb that wants it.ย 

You can not punish innocent children because of the schools negligence.ย 

So carry on with your opinion of recruitment because the TRUTH is coming. Theseย parents arenโ€™t going to stand by and let this harm their kids future.ย 

ย 

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, having "good coaches" is the TICKET?xD You people are SOOOOOOO full of shit in Cobb county and METRO!ย 

FYI, Marietta HAD two supposedly good coaches in the early to mid nineties! And Lord Hughes at Colquitt WHACKED DAT ASS TWICE! These coaches were DEXTER WOOD, and JESS SIMPSON, BOTH head coaches at BUFORD!xD

FACE IT, you Cobb county people are just BASEIBOL people, playing FOOTBALL! In HISTORY, Colquitt has lost to a Cobb county team, ONCE! And they are 3-1 against that McEachern team!(North Cobb, Walton, Pebblebrook, Marietta twice, McEachern three times, and Lassiter twice)

And if these metro kids had SCHOOL LOYALTY in their previous situation, this would be a NON ISSUE!

35 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

Do you mean, no more transfers? All they do NOW, is load up on the eighth graders that they know will be DI quality! Or do you think that all pissaint lil schools from a city of 12,000, have FIVE MAJOR DI OL?xD

I don't mind a kid attending a school out of district as an incoming freshman assuming the kid wasn't recruited.

If they can provide transportation, then so be it.

It's the transfers who jump from team to team on a yearly basis based on that schools chance of winning a championship (whether recruited or not) with disregard to the by laws of the GHSA (ala Grayson 2016).

The rent-a-player mentality that high school football has become and the subjective enforcement of the rules by the GHSA is what I have an issue with.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

How can it be the WRONG way in BOOfartia? When the GHSA is kissing your asses 24/7? Or do you think that EVERYBODY has OPEN ENROLLMENT in an adjacent area of 3,000,000, yet plays in AAAAA, because the CITY population is a mere 12,000? ! Or maybe you think that other public schools in Georgia, draw SPLOST funding from TWO COUNTIES, of maybe 1,000,000 PLUS? And top THAT, when a significant number of the ATL's pro athletes, due to your pseudo success in the bush leagues! Strives to get THEIR kid into the lil CITY school in Boofartia, to get um a cheap ring!

C'MON, GROW a PAIR, and opt to play UP in BIG BOY BALL! And they'll give you another attitude adjustment like you got after your trip to Cantrell Stadium in Powerdery Springs!

Thanks Rab, for your valuable insight.

BTW, I onlyย readย the first sentence.

Carry on.

AllKnowingAsshole

On 7/30/2018 at 3:30 PM, ORabidOne said:

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, having "good coaches" is the TICKET?xD You people are SOOOOOOO full of shit in Cobb county and METRO!ย 

FYI, Marietta HAD two supposedly good coaches in the early to mid nineties! And Lord Hughes at Colquitt WHACKED DAT ASS TWICE! These coaches were DEXTER WOOD, and JESS SIMPSON, BOTH head coaches at BUFORD!xD

FACE IT, you Cobb county people are just BASEIBOL people, playing FOOTBALL! In HISTORY, Colquitt has lost to a Cobb county team, ONCE! And they are 3-1 against that McEachern team!(North Cobb, Walton, Pebblebrook, Marietta twice, McEachern three times, and Lassiter twice)

And if these metro kids had SCHOOL LOYALTY in their previous situation, this would be a NON ISSUE!

Speaking for myself, I'd love for Moultrie to put in place a Bazemore type recruiting operation. Albeeny, Tallahassee, and environs. Bad to the bone in a way no SOGA team has since 71'.

On โ€Ž7โ€Ž/โ€Ž30โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 3:59 PM, CCBlackhatter said:

I don't mind a kid attending a school out of district as an incoming freshman assuming the kid wasn't recruited.

If they can provide transportation, then so be it.

It's the transfers who jump from team to team on a yearly basis based on that schools chance of winning a championship (whether recruited or not) with disregard to the by laws of the GHSA (ala Grayson 2016).

The rent-a-player mentality that high school football has become and the subjective enforcement of the rules by the GHSA is what I have an issue with.

Why in the HELL do you think that a kid would wait to transfer in the ninth grade, if it weren't for ATHLETICS?

5 hours ago, OLB76 said:

And that one is FALSE! Nice way to put half the truth and lie.

Only one kid ran track.....

One lived in Marietta and moved outย 

I notice you keep saying that they lived in and moved out. They are required to stay a year to become bona fide if they leave before a calendar year without filing all the necessary hardship stuff, then they are considered a migrant student.ย 

I'm not hating. Just stating what the rules say.ย 

I know, I know... The Taylors didn't, but, the rule does say that. Maybe you all can apply the Taylor defense in the appeal? You know... The good ol', well they did it and didn't get punished defense.ย 

On โ€Ž7โ€Ž/โ€Ž30โ€Ž/โ€Ž2018 at 6:08 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Thanks Rab, for your valuable insight.

BTW, I onlyย readย the first sentence.

Carry on.

AllKnowingAsshole

THAT'S cause you're an IGNORAMOUS who thinks that his team is SPECIAL, and should command SPECIAL TREATMENT!!

5 hours ago, OLB76 said:

And that one is FALSE! Nice way to put half the truth and lie.

Only one kid ran track.....

One lived in Marietta and moved outย 

I believe that I recall Rockdale Co. having to forfeit the STATE BAKETBOL championship one season. Because they played an ineligible freshman for TWO MINUTES!