IMG 13 vs Columbia 33

Nolebull813

45 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just spoke to an IMG coach. Both its blue and white teams were combined for the Columbia scrimmage. And none of the natl (blue) team played in the second half. He did say that Columbia was a vgood team otherwise. #perspective

I'm calling FAKE NEWS on this. IMG just trying to save face. 

Me and Columbia Fan watched the whole first half live. IMG starting national team played the entire 1st half exclusively. Then in the 2nd half the national team played the first series THEN the entire backup team came in. The varsity team or whatever they call it. 

Now IMG did cut the lead on the last series for the national team to 33-20, so it isn't out of the realm that IMG could have came back. 

But for the whole first half, Columbia played the national team and whooped them 33-13

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Me and Columbia Fan watched the whole first half live. IMG starting national team played the entire 1st half exclusively. Then in the 2nd half the national team played the first series THEN the entire backup team came in. The varsity team or whatever they call it. 

Now IMG did cut the lead on the last series for the national team to 33-20, so it isn't out of the realm that IMG could have came back. 

But for the whole first half, Columbia played the national team and whooped them 33-13

I believe we also scored tds on our first 5 drives

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah they could have but we will never know for sure, i counted only 2 drives that our offense didn't score a td 

Even had they it was still clear IMG was not as good as past years especially on defense 

For the majority of the first half Columbia dominated IMG

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

It was a domination. And if you think IMG let all these studs come from around the country for free and train for months non stop just to play half a game and play that half backups the whole time your crazy 

Damn right

That's why I can't understand the stupidity of people acting like they would be willing to drop any home game

Even a koc hurts them in rankings so they ain't gonna fool around and let themselves lose on purpose 

And as you already know we didn't even want to play their white team, only reason we only played national team for 1 half is because IMG white had their game the next day cancelled last second and they threw us in a uncomfortable situation of having to play their white team 

We had no interest whatsoever in playing their backups

Whether the Blue team played only the first half or not is irrelevant.

For that half, Columbia literally vaporized IMG. I don't buy for a minute that IMG held back. Being down 27 to 0 so quickly is an embarrassment for anyone and the kids tendencies will be to make the effort to reverse that. Call it a scrimmage if one wants but this was a game. Columbia is much better than we expected and IMG should drop in the rankings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gospeeder said:

Whether the Blue team played only the first half or not is irrelevant.

For that half, Columbia literally vaporized IMG. I don't buy for a minute that IMG held back. Being down 27 to 0 so quickly is an embarrassment for anyone and the kids tendencies will be to make the effort to reverse that. Call it a scrimmage if one wants but this was a game. Columbia is much better than we expected and IMG should drop in the rankings. 

It’s amusing how, when a so-called big dog team loses one of these games it magically becomes “only a scrimmage.”

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wosinc said:

It’s amusing how, when a so-called big dog team loses one of these games it magically becomes “only a scrimmage.”

If it was STA or Bishop Gorman you wouldn't be hearing same tune from some these people 

They just don't respect teams like Columbia because we don't have 20 d1 players for them to fondle over 

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just spoke to an IMG coach. Both its blue and white teams were combined for the Columbia scrimmage. And none of the natl (blue) team played in the second half. He did say that Columbia was a vgood team otherwise. #perspective

Wasn't the slaughtering worse in the 1st half though?

Did you point Coach in the direction of the Week 0 excuse thread?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I was told both blue and white players combined started the game. Was a total mix the first 2.25 quarters. Never did all 22 blue starters play at the same time during the scrimmage. IMO if all blue starters would've played the entire scrimmage, it would've been a markedly dif't outcome. Watch Thursday. 

I call bullshit 

The IMG announcers were pointing out player by player on the field and how many d1 offers they had

The following excerpt is from today's (8/23/18) Daytona Beach News-Journal. Jaleel McRae, a three year starter at New Smyrna Beach High School (Barracudas), now coached by Cocoa's John Wilkinson,  accepted an invitation to the 2019 Under Armour All American Game. McRae, now a senior, plays for IMG....

....Verbally committed to Florida State, McRae was an All-Area second team linebacker for the Barracudas last fall. He made 48 tackles, seven for loss, and snagged two interceptions.

In January, he packed his bags for Bradenton and enrolled at IMG Academy. The Ascenders were ranked No. 1 in USA Today’s preseason Super 25, but lost their kickoff classic to Lake City Columbia, trailing 33-13 at halftime.

“Going into that game, I’m not even going to lie to you, we thought we were going to come out there and beat on them boys,” McRae said. “They got on us early in the game, and it was hard for us to fight back. Adversity hit us ... and we just shut down.”

McRae and the Ascenders make one of their five out-of-state trips on Friday, visiting defending Pennsylvania Class 6A champion Gibsonia Pine-Richland.

.....And that is the rest of the story.

• Like 3