DLS VS FOLSOM OFFICIAL GAME THREAD DLS 14 folsom ZERO!!!!!

AztecPadre

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

FPB's problem lies in the fact that he doesn't get to define what a troll is. The board defines a troll. Continually going after board favorites is more likely going to be considered trolling than whatever your own definition of it is.

Sometimes, guys are ribbing team's fans for entertainment value to the board. The board reputation system is there to help reinforce what is a troll and what is considered entertainment. 

Just because you have soft feelings about a guy ribbing Folsom doesn't make what he said "trolling". 

I'd say Sammy got the Folsom/DLS game to happen far above and beyond the Block character due to calling them midgets for the last as long as I've read his stuff. I don't think FPB got the game at all. Sammy has been consistent for at least four years about Folsom. Most of us just laughed about what we thought was irrational dislike for their schedule, but, the truth is that he was right all along. 

His years of pushing for them to "earn their ranking" got the DLS game for Folsom more than any trolling the troll storyline FPB is trying to play out now.

The only way I could ever think FPB is the one that "made the game happen" is if he is actually Sammy playing both sides of the argument. 

wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.jpg.4de2bedda702091ff5b0aef2e72fd30c.jpg

Just tryna help. 

The big difference, for me, is that Sammy's anti-Folsom posts were tongue-in-cheek and had some humor and some charm. 

FPB's posts were dull and repetitive. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Confirmation bias, had to look it up just to make sure we Georgia folks confirm ThunderRam’s bias. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Regards

AllKnowingAsshole

If you read carefully, you should have noticed that I strategically used the phrase "some of our GA fans". That could be interpreted as if YOU don't apply. But it sounds as if you're feeling like a guilty party so I'll just leave it at that 😁

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Nobody's beating CQ by 50 points.

DLS doesn’t need several BG turnovers to only lose by 14 either 

hatter has been singing same song since 1st quarter of game — “both teams suck”

My response was appropriate and closer to truth 

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

The big difference, for me, is that Sammy's anti-Folsom posts were tongue-in-cheek and had some humor and some charm. 

I always read them as intended to be humorous first. 

As an underlying theme of the tiny mites pics being compared to them etc., there was the intent to hopefully shame them into "scheduling up" in case they were watching.

I'd say it worked. He hit the nail enough times that they finally scheduled DLS again. He hit it plenty enough that FPB showed up to defend their honor, and, to try to steal the thunder for making the game happen as well. 

End result was a pretty good game that we waited a few years on.

Thanks Sammy for getting us this game. 

high-five.gif.d6b0620d05317267fabfcd68d5fdb6b9.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

DLS doesn’t need several BG turnovers to only lose by 14 either 

hatter has been singing same song since 1st quarter of game — “both teams suck”

My response was appropriate and closer to truth 

That may be.

But CQ is significantly better than DLS right now. 

If DLS develops their offense, they may close the gap a bit. 

But the GA and CQ fans should know that some of us DLS fans have eyes to see. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I always read them as intended to be humorous first. 

As an underlying theme of the tiny mites pics being compared to them etc., there was the intent to hopefully shame them into "scheduling up" in case they were watching.

I'd say it worked. He hit the nail enough times that they finally scheduled DLS again. He hit it plenty enough that FPB showed up to defend their honor, and, to try to steal the thunder for making the game happen as well. 

End result was a pretty good game that we waited a few years on.

Thanks Sammy for getting us this game. 

high-five.gif.d6b0620d05317267fabfcd68d5fdb6b9.gif

Maybe now that they "broke the ice", we'll see them with a Trinity League team on the schedule.  Good for them, good for nor cal, good for everyone.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Maybe now that they "broke the ice", we'll see them with a Trinity League team on the schedule.  Good for them, good for nor cal, good for everyone.

I hope so.

From what I hear, the JV team wasn't very impressive. (I hear the same about DLS's JV team).

But DLS is still pretty young -- at QB, RB, WR, DB -- and has a few big Polynesians who will be around for another year or two. 

Folsom is graduating their stars. 

I'd like to see Folsom stay strong. It makes NorCal more compelling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I doubt it will happen. 

You'll have to work that for a few more years I'd imagine. xD

Maybe, but I think now that they competed up and played well, even though they lost they realize its not so bad, and will realize that HS football is about challenging yourself and competing, more so than D1 bowl victory parades

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Pops said:

You’re describing a team that would beat CQ by 50+

i don’t think they’re that good but would change my mind if they beat MD this week 

Nobody in the country is going to beat Colquitt by 50. You're crazy.

Honestly, at this juncture in the season, DLS would struggle to gain 150 yds against the Blackhat D and nobody outside of Concord would disagree.

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Maybe, but I think now that they competed up and played well, even though they lost they realize its not so bad, and will realize that HS football is about challenging yourself and competing, more so than D1 bowl victory parades

Yeah, they could have won that game. If a few calls had gone the other way, if the ball had bounced in the other direction once or twice, it could have been 21-14 Folsom. 

No shame in the loss. 

Hopefully that'll make them hungry for another shot. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Nobody in the country is going to beat Colquitt by 50. You're crazy.

Honestly, at this juncture in the season, DLS would struggle to gain 150 yds against the Blackhat D and nobody outside of Concord would disagree.

If BG can lose the turnover battle by seceral and still beat DLS by 14+ they can beat CQ by 50

you guys just don’t get the gap between GA and national elite 

the last two times GA’s best played a national elite they lost by 56 and 19 And CQ isn’t even HA’s top team this year (again)

• Thumbs Down 1

20 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Folsom would handily beat four of the six Trinity teams and get killed by the other two, so who should they schedule 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

For the most part, I really enjoy Sammy's shtick. We go back almost a decade with our Servite-Rocklin smack. He does add a nice element of humor, but often takes the joke/agenda a bit too far IMO. His agenda against Folsom/NorCal are just two examples. He doesn't respect NorCal football outside of DLS. I think we all get that by now. The same game is played against the GA contingent too, and they defend their turf just as us NorCal'ers do (for the record, I fully respect GA football).

I have no illusions of the SJS having a top 25 team most years. Even top 50/100 is a stretch a lot of the time. But we do have good football up here and churn out a lot of D1 athletes. Apologies to all that we don't have transferred up private school all-star teams like SJB or Mater Dei -- or even a public as good as Centennial most the time. At the D1/D2 level, we are predominantly a public school area and it's harder to produce Nationally elite teams. Aside from the crazed Texans, our Friday night atmospheres are as good as anywhere.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pops said:

If BG can lose the turnover battle by seceral and still beat DLS by 14+ they can beat CQ by 50

the last two times GA’s best played a national elite they lost by 56 and 19 And CQ isn’t even HA’s top team this year (again)

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

You have absolutely no idea what you are watching on the field Pops.

These things change from year to year.

Try to be objective for once.

• Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

Did you watch the game?

I don't think you'd have to see much.

DLS would hold their own on defense, but they wouldn't be able to move the ball.

Plus CQ's kicker seems to have unlimited range. That's not good when you can't move the ball.

Plus all but 1 of DLS's linemen play both ways. 

Smelly's prediction is that the game would turn ugly halfway through the 3Q. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

For the most part, I really enjoy Sammy's shtick. We go back almost a decade with our Servite-Rocklin talk. He does add a nice element of humor, but often takes the joke/agenda a bit too far IMO. His agenda against Folsom/NorCal are just two examples. He doesn't respect NorCal football outside of DLS. I think we all get that by now. The same game is played against the GA contingent too, and they defend their turf just as us NorCal'ers do (for the record, I fully respect GA football).

I have no illusions of the SJS having a top 25 team most years. Eve top 50/100 is a stretch a lot of the time. But we do have good football up here and churn out a lot of D1 athletes. Apologies to all that we don't have transferred up private school all-star teams like SJB or Mater Dei -- or even a public as good as Centennial most the time. At the D1/D2 level, we are predominantly a public school area and it's harder to produce Nationally elite teams. Aside from the crazed Texans, our Friday night atmospheres are as good as anywhere.

Solid take.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Try to be objective for once.

That would be easier for me if you didn’t interrupt the game thread with your blatant low IQ trolling 

DLS has never won the turnover battle by several and lost period much less by 14 

weve all seem GA’s best team get beat by 50 + and CQ isn’t even the best team in the last Little pond 

28 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Did you watch the game?

DLS would hold their own on defense, but they wouldn't be able to move the ball.

Plus CQ's kicker seems to have unlimited range. That's not good when you can't move the ball.

I disagree but that was to a GA guy

i didn’t want to encourage anymore sanctimonious piety regarding our relative objectibities 

I will say that you are entering the game in the 8th inning and don’t realize it 

23 minutes ago, Pops said:

That would be easier for me if you didn’t interrupt the game thread with your blatant low IQ trolling 

DLS has never won the turnover battle by several and lost period much less by 14 

weve all seem GA’s best team get beat by 50 + and CQ isn’t even the best team in the last Little pond 

Whatever Pops.

Colquitt very well may not be the best team in state.

Nothing you've said is even relevant to the discussion.

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

Did you watch the game?

Your rational observation is appreciated.

I watched both games and DLS would not consistently move the ball against Colquitt.

McEachern had a better RB, QB, and WRs than DLS and the only success they had was throwing the ball underneath and that wasn't enough to loosen up the Blackhatters for sustainable drives. DLS has yet to even develop that dimension to their offense.

Hell, the Spartans were cramping up every other play in the 3rd quarter. To put that in perspective I can count on one hand how many plays a Packer player had been sidelined by cramping and dehydration. That spells disaster when playing a team that can run multiple people out on the field every few play at several positions: most importantly at RB and the defensive line.

You mentioned special teams. That's how we beat Archer last year who was as good defensively as anyone in the country: special teams and field position.

Pops doesn't get it though.

He wants to base it off of how Colquitt would fare against BG, MD, etc or Norcross getting whipped 5 years ago.