DLS VS FOLSOM OFFICIAL GAME THREAD DLS 14 folsom ZERO!!!!!

AztecPadre

10 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I'd rather have the best donuts in CA and a top team in Norcal versus playing Bakersfield on a THURSDAY night!

What a joke lol

20180819_134433.jpg

Stop

i’m embarrassed for you 

first, don’t project a match-up anyone for at least rest of this season — that’s been a long-standing rule since long before you arrived — when a PAM blows up in your face you must rest it for one season 

second, Bakersfield is folsom but with more accomplishment.  You keep trying to insult servite by reminding them that they played Bakersfield, a team with more CA championships than Folsom and recently the same D1 vintage.  That’s not an insult for anyone. 

Come up with something new or don’t let Sammy get you so wound up.  Either way, stop embarrassing yourself 

• Haha 3

Just now, Pops said:

Stop

i’m embarrassed for you 

first, don’t project a match-up anyone for at least rest of this season — that’s been a long-standing rule since long before you arrived — when a PAM blows up in your face you must rest it for one season 

second, Bakersfield is folsom but with more accomplishment.  You keep trying to insult servite by reminding them that they played Bakersfield, a team with more CA championships than Folsom and recently the same D1 vintage.  That’s not an insult for anyone. 

Come up with something new or don’t let Sammy get you so wound up.  Either way, stop embarrassing yourself 

Bakersfield? Are you kidding me? A team we wont even hear about for the rest of the year? And the irrelevant Servite troll on this forum? LMFAO. I've got him so spun, hes logging in and out of names, talking to himself, etc........

Go home and enjoy the 14 point blowout you laid on the overrated 1AA champs lol

What block doesn’t seem to understand is that most posters on this forum, especially DLS homers, would give Folsom their props if it wasn’t for him. He’s so unlikable that everyone wants Folsom to not succeed. 

Folsom is a very good team this season (neck and neck with DLS) but his toxicity overshadows all. 

He/She  will never change. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

What block doesn’t seem to understand is that most posters on this forum, especially DLS homers, would give Folsom their props if it wasn’t for him. He’s so unlikable that everyone wants Folsom to not succeed. 

Folsom is a very good team this season (neck and neck with DLS) but his toxicity overshadows all. 

The Folsom hatred, promoted by one poster was going on way before I got here. Go back and look at the threads. 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Stop

i’m embarrassed for you 

Trinity League

6-0.............devil 0-1

trinity league 8.jpg

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Yes Sammy has always hated on Folsom for some strange reason but you managed to turn the rest of the board on them as well. 

You gave Sammy exactly what he wanted.

I own Sammy. 

Look at all the names hes created since I've been here. He talks to himself in threads and likes his own posts. He wont even respond to me with his main name. Look right now- hes following EVERY post on this thread to see if I'm posting. I've exposed now nuts he is. 

If you look at how this game against DLS came about..........you'd realize I won a long time ago. I'm not here to make friends. 

7 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I own Sammy. 

Look at all the names hes created since I've been here. He talks to himself in threads and likes his own posts. He wont even respond to me with his main name. Look right now- hes following EVERY post on this thread to see if I'm posting. I've exposed now nuts he is. 

If you look at how this game against DLS came about..........you'd realize I won a long time ago. I'm not here to make friends. 

I’m flagging this post. 

Offensive in every metric. 

Ban Block. 

Regards,

AllKnowingAsshole

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

This^^^^^^^^^^^^

On 8/18/2018 at 7:38 AM, PrepGridiron said:

Thunder, I respect you a ton, but what do you want me to do here?

I just know this. When DLS lost to Trinity and when any SoCal heavy loses a close one, a large contingent of Spartans fan and Sammy always point out the same types of things I'm pointing out here. But when the shoe is on the other foot, you guys can't see it the same way. Sammy more so than you. Which is why I don't have much respect for him anymore. He's a big hypocrite. Only see's the things he wants to see. He might be worse than some of our GA fans nowadays when it comes to confirmation bias.

To be crystal clear, PG, I'm not implying that Folsom should have won the game. I do believe those two plays (the goal line fumble trying to reach the ball over and the illegal formation) ultimately had the largest impact in determining the outcome of the game. But Folsom only has themselves to blame for not making those plays, along with the other unforced turnovers/mistakes. And they lost because of them.

I just think the post game focus on the shut out is over the top considering how much more effective Folsom's offense was at moving the ball than DLS and the fact that it took 2 acts the DLS defense had no impact on to secure it. Am I contesting whether those acts actually happened or that the score officially goes in the books as 0? No. But I feel the Folsom/NorCal haters are overly focusing on the shut out as if it somehow proves Folsom's offense was completely overwhelmed and had no chance to do anything.

The reality is that the game was closely contested and came down to a couple plays that could have gone the other way. Anybody with a brain and lacking a never-ending agenda would recognize and acknowledge that. Furthermore, DLS's defense is always really good and this current version might be prove to be REALLY good. So the notion by others that Folsom's offense would get equally shut out by other top 25/50/100 programs is just silly speculation. Just as silly as it would be if Folsom fan interpreted this result to mean they could also hold an offense such as Centennial's to 14 or less.

Anyway, enough from me on this. I just felt I owed you a response to further clarify why I said what I said previously. I think we all appreciate that you provide this forum so that we can have petty conversations like this about HS football. 😋

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Pops said:

Could you cite source please

better than the ‘08 defense that had 4 future NFL players?

better than the ‘09-‘12 defenses that 4-peated the Open and won 2 MNCs?

better than ‘13 that had 10 D1 players and held the first Socal monster team to 20?

better than the ‘14 and ‘15 defenses that won back to back CP MNCs?

Color me skeptical 

I was very impressed, but they have to earn it a bit more to get that nod for me

i believed DLS has  a top 10 defense and and offense that’s not nearly there (but has potential)

Relax Pops. I'm not saying it's fact. But I read some variation of the statement multiple times the past few weeks. I can't recall nor cite them all. But I've read through numerous SacBee, Contra-Costa and SF Gate articles, among others, leading up to the game.

I frequently get locked out of SacBee content (you only get so many free articles per month), but I did just find the reference below before getting locked out again. I have no idea which coach(es) said it. But apparently they said it to JoeD. And I don't believe he's referring to Folsom's coaches. I'm fairly sure I've read it elsewhere too, though.

By the end of the year, perhaps we'll find this quote to be hyperbole. But apparently somebody said it regardless.

Folsom is known to score in bunches, the trademark for CIF State championship teams in 2010, 2014 and 2017. Fifteen starters off the 2017 team returned, eager to flex its muscle against the Spartans, who sport their best defense in 10 years, coaches say.

https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article216712280.html

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

The trolling in regards to the goose egg are warranted. I'd be doing the same thing. 

But the fact is that DLS Homers will likely use this to mask the fact that the game was so close and could have gone either way. They may not admit it- but they had a HUGE sense of relief after that game ended, knowing they could have walked out with an L had a few things gone astray. 

1. DLS gave up more yards on D than Folsom did. 

2. Folsom outgained DLS in yardage. 

The only thing DLS won, statistically was the turnover battle which led to points. That decided the game. Kudos. 

Other than that, the goose egg comments are warranted. 

3 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I own Sammy. 

You’re an interesting cat, I tell ya.  I have this love/borderline raging hatred relationship with you. 🤣

Anyways....You don’t own Sammy, dude. He’s one of the cornerstones of this board (I accept PayPal, Sammy). He been doing his thing around these parts for he better part of 10 years. He’s a knucklehead, just like the rest of us, but we love him for what he does for the forum. He’s entertaining. You piss people off which overshadows your entertainment value.... which you actually have a little. If you’re not here to “make friends”, then what are you here for? Serious question. That’s why I came here. That’s why I met up with some brothers the other night. I don’t mind being an a-hole every now and again, but I certainly didn’t come here to make enemies. Lay down on th couch and tell us your story.....

• Like 3