DLS VS FOLSOM OFFICIAL GAME THREAD DLS 14 folsom ZERO!!!!!

AztecPadre

8 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I was feeling good about DLS against he Bishop his year. I now see that Sparty’s got some work to do offensively to make it a game this time around. I think the defense will be fine. 

It will be a game. Just wouldn't take spartans in a bet. Spartan running game sure misses kyrie R. These backs are too fragile to take punishment  in running  up the middle, and the way Alambaugh calls it,  a lot  of offense is predicated on this. He needs to look at 2007 spartan playbook, imop, and really develop passing game. Spartans have a lot more weapons that can be used to open up game, rather than smash mouth Dive. Also, every team knows how to game plan for this, with 9 in the box, and unless they have an elite hgih school rb, it ain't going to work against elite teams.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DLS350 said:

#10 at running back, he was the DLS offense. #59 on the ol/dl, had a very good game. Folsom ‘s jv team had bigger lines but other than that, neither team was overly impressive. Final was 34-20 DLS. The D did have two pick 6’s, that was the score difference.

4 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

DLS rb on JV looked very good. Don’t remember his name but looked sharp

After last night, it may be time to launch him on Alert 5. 

DLS needs at least one back that can make guys miss and can get yards after contact.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BraceFace69 said:

The game reminded me of the Serra game where DLS was down by 10 or so with 4 mins left. Very stout front 7 by folsom 

Could have also reminded you of serra in ‘09 — DLS trailed 7-0 at half and win 14-7 against a serra team not nearly as good as this Folsom team 

that was week before travelling to NJ for dBP’s MNC team

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Hydration challenges aside. I agree with this. Both teams need to develop their second strings like yesterday. It was the first (and big) game so the starters pretty much went the distance. But they need depth to compete at any higher level than this game. 

DLs was actually rotating lot of players in depending on down and situation. Usually 1st down play run then switch out 3-4 to play pass. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

I have a feeling that BG is going to be right in the mix, though no one is talking about them. MD better not sleep on them, and I actually "feel" that is a pickum game.

I’m curious if @steeler01 still feels like BG is going to drill DLS — comment was made shortly before halftime (ie the nadirnof DLS’s performance)

4 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Let me help you out here, because it seems like you are struggling. I feel bad.

DLS put up 21 points on Mater Dei, arguably the best HS team of all times. 

DLS put up 14 points against Folsom.

Folsom shot themselves in the foot and lost the game. DLS earned it. Simple. 

I am proud. I felt we showed out.

Apparently, you didn't see the game. I feel bad for you. 

Capture.PNG

Don’t feel bad for me.  Once again you’re (probably “your” in your world) deliberately missing the point.

I have never said anything bad about Folsom.  My post was directed at you, not the team.  Not sure you grasped that.

My point is your incessant trolling, deflections, and criticizing other people for mistakes you often make.  You simply refuse to meet people head on and have a sane conversation.

I’m not sure why you post a score from last year.  It has nothing to do with the subject at hand.  Whether I saw last night’s game or not is immaterial.

I don’t really care one way or another about DLS, seeing as how I live 3000 miles away.

You did make me care about this one game, though.  You were insufferable before the game; I can only imagine what you would have been like if Folsom had won.

I was hoping you would stop being so childish and become a reasonable contributor but alas, same old block.

• Like 3

On 8/17/2018 at 9:06 PM, Fred said:

Hey @FolsomPrisonBlues, what's up with the end zone stands being larger than the sideline stands. 

The back edge of the home stands extend to the inner edge of the track, thus limiting the number of seating rows, which pushes the stands very close to the field.  This was probably done to conserve space before DLS was a football power.  The endzone stands are removable and have been around for 10 years or so.  One disadvantage is that the home team is cramped on the sideline.  The advantage for DLS fans is that they get to be as close to the field as possible, which makes the sound of contact much more realistic.  It's like being in the front row at a rock concert.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wosinc said:

Don’t feel bad for me.  Once again you’re (probably “your” in your world) deliberately missing the point.

I have never said anything bad about Folsom.  My post was directed at you, not the team.  Not sure you grasped that.

My point is your incessant trolling, deflections, and criticizing other people for mistakes you often make.  You simply refuse to meet people head on and have a sane conversation.

I’m not sure why you post a score from last year.  It has nothing to do with the subject at hand.  Whether I saw last night’s game or not is immaterial.

I don’t really care one way or another about DLS, seeing as how I live 3000 miles away.

You did make me care about this one game, though.  You were insufferable before the game; I can only imagine what you would have been like if Folsom had won.

I was hoping you would stop being so childish and become a reasonable contributor but alas, same old block.

You are paying a lot of attention to me. 

I am honored. 

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

It will be a game. Just wouldn't take spartans in a bet. Spartan running game sure misses kyrie R. These backs are too fragile to take punishment  in running  up the middle, and the way Alambaugh calls it,  a lot  of offense is predicated on this. He needs to look at 2007 spartan playbook, imop, and really develop passing game. Spartans have a lot more weapons that can be used to open up game, rather than smash mouth Dive. Also, every team knows how to game plan for this, with 9 in the box, and unless they have an elite hgih school rb, it ain't going to work against elite teams.

For the win!!

13 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

C'mon PG. That's a ridiculous response coming from you. It's hiding behind the fact that the play was called wrong.

So let me ask you this:  In an entirely different situation where a player clearly scores -- think Zach Ertz in last years Superbowl -- but lack of replay needed to overturn means the official's initial call stands and Philly loses the SB because of it, is your response the same? That close counts in horseshoes .... ? despite the fact that you know the play was called incorrectly and he really did score?

I'm not contesting against the fact that the game is 'officially' ruled a shut out. I get that it is. But just be real about it. That's all. It's a shut out due to a technicality and human error. Nothing more.

I'll guarantee that if the exact opposite occurred and Folsom was gifted a TD they didn't actually score, the tune would suddenly change.

As you were.

Its hsfb, many plays go the other, that's not an excuse scoring zero points with what was suppose to be a good offense. DLS is not even elite and folsom got shut out. What do you think folsom would look like against one of the top 50 teams in the country? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, stanscript said:

The back edge of the home stands extend to the inner edge of the track, thus limiting the number of seating rows, which pushes the stands very close to the field.  This was probably done to conserve space before DLS was a football power.  The endzone stands are removable and have been around for 10 years or so.  One disadvantage is that the home team is cramped on the sideline.  The advantage for DLS fans it that they get to be as close to the field as possible to the field, which makes the sound of contact much more realistic.  It's like being in the front row at a rock concert.

This! When Ngata trucked poor Storti, it was like a shot heard ‘round the world, we were so close. 

19 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Its hsfb, many plays go the other, that's not an excuse scoring zero points with what was suppose to be a good offense. DLS is not even elite and folsom got shut out. What do you think folsom would look like against one of the top 50 teams in the country? 

DLS offense isn’t elite but their defense is. They have one of the best defenses in the nation. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yup. I think BG will dominate that offense and score 21+(Maybe more due to field possession)

Damn! Last night prep and I were just talking about how we hate it when you make predictions against DLS (and other teams)...because you’re usually right.🤣

Well here’s to you being wrong for a change😎