Phillips vs Pickerington Central game thread

Bones

Brutal end to the first half for Phillips. Sack strip for a TD, then another fumble and give up a TD when they should have sacked the QB on the last play of the half. They could have gone into halftime possibly up by 3-4 and now they're down 17.

Credit to PC, they've definitely taken advantage of every mistake that Phillips has made, which has been a lot. Two fumbles, one returned for 6. Penalties that either give PC a first down or an extra 15 yards and a first down. Bad snaps. 

PC is a very physical team. And they've executed and been fairly mistake free. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Adam Kurkjian said:

PC will keep scoring. Have to wonder about Phillips' state of mind after that disastrous end to the half.

Ohio guys, how would you rank Ohio's top, say, 5, after what you've seen so far?

Hoban, Colerain, PC, Mentor then Ed’s, Iggy, Elder all interchangeable so far

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bones said:

Like I previously said, this is a top 15 (give or take a few) team in Chicagoland and theres a handful outside of Chicago who may be better as well.

Did I read in the other thread that you're rooting for Phillips? If so, I'd hate to see you talk about teams that you're not rooting for. Yikes.

And you're absolutely right about Phillips not seeing this type of offense in IL 5A. Because there are no 1500 enrollment schools in IL in 5A.

8 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Did I read in the other thread that you're rooting for Phillips? If so, I'd hate to see you talk about teams that you're not rooting for. Yikes.

And you're absolutely right about Phillips not seeing this type of offense in IL 5A. Because there are no 1500 enrollment schools in IL in 5A.

I want Illinois teams to win ALL of the out of state games, however, I am VERY annoyed by media types trying to put these 5A teams atop the state. It's insulting to those of us who really play the top teams. 4A and 5A are not comparable to 8A.

10 minutes ago, Bones said:

I want Illinois teams to win ALL of the out of state games, however, I am VERY annoyed by media types trying to put these 5A teams atop the state. It's insulting to those of us who really play the top teams. 4A and 5A are not comparable to 8A.

Okay so your bias against them has to do with the size of their school population. Got ya.

6 minutes ago, DB4 said:

Okay so your bias against them has to do with the size of their school population. Got ya.

No, theyre not close to being the top team and never were. I understand that you want them to be because of how the game is going. They're just not. You want it to be one way...
Image result for you want it to be one way but its the other way gif

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

For the longest time this offseason... I said Phillips would win. I liked them, and had them #1 or #2 in IL.

But Bones (and 1 other person from IL, and 1 from OH) came in talking about how Pick Central should beat them easily.

Just going off this 1st drive... Maybe I shouldve stuck with my initial gut feeling.

dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bones said:

No, theyre not close to being the top team and never were. I understand that you want them to be because of how the game is going. They're just not. You want it to be one way...
Image result for you want it to be one way but its the other way gif

This game has nothing to do with it my man. PC is great and they're taking advantage of Phillips mistakes on top of executing what they do well. Has nothing to do with Phillips being one of the better teams in the state of Illinois though. Which they still will be no matter how this game winds up. 4A, 5A, 6A, 9A, 12A, I don't care.

But good for you good man. You were proven right and get the last laugh today. And you get to brag about class size or something.