Gonzaga vs DBP (MD/VA folks)

Zipcep

On 9/4/2018 at 10:40 AM, Mickeybern said:

Gonzaga over DBP 30-10  I think DBP's lines might be exposed in this game
SJC over MC 24-14--MC with the speed but SJC is too big upfront

Only issue with SJC is depth.   How deep are they?  MC isn’t a small team either.  I worry more about MC’s special teams than SJC’s size.   Field position is so underrated in these big HS games.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 9:33 AM, GardenStateBaller said:

Delmarva continues to dominate their BNU brethren. The much bigger and experienced Zaga lines will be too much to handle. 27-10

I would go 35-10 ....Not sure this might be over at halftime 28-0 is my guess 

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Only issue with SJC is depth.   How deep are they?  MC isn’t a small team either.  I worry more about MC’s special teams than SJC’s size.   Field position is so underrated in these big HS games.

Looking at the highlights from the SJC/Hoover game, it appears that SJC special teams is nothing to be concerned about. Their kicker missed some easy chip shot field goals.

I think this will be a close one, I don't think SJC is as unbeatable as some would like us to believe. Hoover looked awful. They used two QBs and one of them (#2?) Was throwing the ball straight at the SJC DBs. I believe the game being played across two days probably played a factor into the result, also.

This is more of a toss up than some would like to admit. SJC has the advantage though. I'm not sold on the MC QB being good enough to win them the game, and the MC backs do not look nearly as good as years past.

24 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Looking at the highlights from the SJC/Hoover game, it appears that SJC special teams is nothing to be concerned about. Their kicker missed some easy chip shot field goals.

I think this will be a close one, I don't think SJC is as unbeatable as some would like us to believe. Hoover looked awful. They used two QBs and one of them (#2?) Was throwing the ball straight at the SJC DBs. I believe the game being played across two days probably played a factor into the result, also.

This is more of a toss up than some would like to admit. SJC has the advantage though. I'm not sold on the MC QB being good enough to win them the game, and the MC backs do not look nearly as good as years past.

It's more how weak MC is at kickoffs and punts.   Starting field position type issues.  too often I see a teem backed up in their own zone and it's the quickest way to get into a big hole.   

http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/central-rockets-(miami,fl)/football/videos.htm?videoid=8274b0de-9151-427f-8612-5e3e7919a18a

56 seconds.  Hope that was on purpose.   

16 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Gilman colluded with the other MIAA teams by refusing to play SFA just a few weeks before the start of this season, thus wreaking havoc with SFAs 2018 schedule. This would be like PC, SJR, BC and SPP refusing to play DBP back in their heyday. Gutless. 

Equivalent to Delby or PJ this season. 

No offense but that is fake news. They were asking the league and school to reign in Poggi and crew since 2010 at Gilman. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

That proves there was a predetermined vendetta against the man and his program. Let's just agree to disagree. Winless Gilman is a shell of itself since he left. They need to live with the consequences of their actions. They should just stick to lax. 

No there was backlash from serial rule breaking and schools were feeling pressure from the parents, public schools, state association, among others get control. Tried to handle it behind closed doors but the league is so weak they never followed thru. Just like the latest finding of guilty of inducements and tampering they just said we gone you $500 and Coach poggi probably laughed and said 50’s or 100’s. The league is ultimate problem here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1