OT: HS track

golfaddict1

This weekend in the 4 x 400

Humble Kingwood ran 3:16.33 for the 6th best time in the nation

Humble Atascocita ran 3:16.64 for the 9th best time in the nation

Dallas Carter ran 3:18.51 for the 20th best time in the nation

Houston Langham Creek ran 3:18.89 for the 24th best time in the nation

Dallas Skyline ran 3:18.92 for the 26th best time in the nation.

other Texas schools ran the 28, 29, 30th best times in the nation this weekend.

This weekend in the 4 x 400

Humble Kingwood ran 3:16.33 for the 6th best time in the nation

Humble Atascocita ran 3:16.64 for the 9th best time in the nation

Dallas Carter ran 3:18.51 for the 20th best time in the nation

Houston Langham Creek ran 3:18.89 for the 24th best time in the nation

Dallas Skyline ran 3:18.92 for the 26th best time in the nation.

other Texas schools ran the 28, 29, 30th best times in the nation this weekend.

This weekend at the Rice Victor Lopez Classic 

Houston Strake Jesuit ran 7:54.68 4 x 800 relay for the 2nd fastest time in the nation

Humble King wood ran 7:54.86 in the same race for the 3rd best in the nation

Also this weekend at the Klein Relays   Conroe Oak Ridge TX ran 7:56.94 for the 5th best time in the nation

Wheeler HS TX athlete Traylen Drake High Jumped 6'10 this past weekend.  Ranks him tied for 9th in the country - pretty impressive for kid coming from this very small school.

Wheeler is class 2A Div 2 in football - So that puts them in the very smallest 11 man football Division in the UIL  -

2 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

My goodness. 

Desoto should have a 100 NFL players by now.

What are they? About 96 short....without checking...

No answer required.

Meanwhile.....St Aug (NOLA) is still pumping them out....

Later.....

Yet they would have zero chance of beating Desoto in Football, basketball, or Track - You can take that to the bank buddy!

• Like 1

This weekend 

Caleb Jolivette from Manvel TX Long Jumped 24'3.5 with .6 wind which gives him the top wind legal jump in the nation and 3rd best overall overall 

also Caleb Jolivette in the 100m ran 10.61 into the wind -.4 making him tied for the 10th fastest wind legal time in the nation.

Kesean Carter from The Woodlands HS TX ran 10.56 100m into the same wind -.4 for the 7th best wind legal time in the nation

Keep in mind everyone else in the top 10 wind legal ran with the wind 

24 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Yet they would have zero chance of beating Desoto in Football, basketball, or Track - You can take that to the bank buddy!

If you say so.

You do know St Aug has won a MNC in basketball and is considered a national power any given year....

Your preseason track thread always amuses us though.

Watch the NFL draft. That's where the ATHs are.

Carry on.....

The IAAF World Championships are this summer in London.   The USA T&F champ. is June 23-25 (qualifying for the World Champ to rep USA).

Less than 3 months to go for high school sprinters to qualify and thus far 3 I am aware of have...

Symone Mason Southridge HS, FL:   100 & 200, Sydney McLaughlin from NJ in the 400 and Tyrese Cooper Norland, HS, FL in the 400.

These are the men's entry standards to qualify to compete in June in Sacramento.   You're not going to see too many HS kids reaching these times and Cooper met the 400 at 16. 

100:  10.12    200:  20.44   400:  45.50   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

If you say so.

You do know St Aug has won a MNC in basketball and is considered a national power any given year....

Your preseason track thread always amuses us though.

Watch the NFL draft. That's where the ATHs are.

Carry on.....

I am not worried about the NFL draft that only includes couple hundred players from across the nation.  

Only the foolish like Dallas Jackson and I guess yourself don't see the correlation between HS track and Field and HS Football.  Let me tell you something else I have spent much time in Louisiana and every single coach I have discussed this with agrees with me.  Louisiana produces good track and field results based on state size and it correlates to the football field on Friday nights.  

Last I checked you don't  need to be NFL draft pick to have been a beast in HS ? .  Can't we agree on that?

It's not like Texas hasn't produced some really good NFL players throughout history!  Just saying!

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

What high school track looked like in 1994

St Aug (NOLA) had the 3rd best 4x200 at 1:25.54 nationally.

Acadiana, La has the 2nd fastest 4x200 ar 1:25.3 nationally.

http://lynbrooksports.prepcaltrack.com/ATHLETICS/TRACK/1994/us_topmk.pdf

Both times would be #1 in 2017 so far. xD

That's because Texas had not started running it yet.  However, TX was leading in several other events.

Just for the record Cajun -  Top 10 all time 4x200  - 9 of 10 are from Texas and the other is Glenville OH sitting in the 3rd spot

for the record when looking at the top 14 times ever recorded in the 4x100m all of them are from Texas except for 2 

FYI - Kid from Louisiana hold the all time record in the pole vault 

I think we can agree that you make too much of this football/track thing.

I might mention a Leonard Fournette running a 10.6 100M or Speedy Noil running a 10.4 100M and etc.

If you would mention a track time with a stud football player that's getting with the program and makes perfect sense.

Mentioning everyone in TX that puts on track shoes and tying it into football is silly as silly can be....in fact, it totally ridiculous.

In Louisiana football kids run track, play basketball, wrestle and etc.......wrestling in La is 10 times better than TX.

Landry-Walker just won our 5A football and basketball state championships.....5 or 6 football on the basketball team, two starters.

St Aug (NOLA) is 4th nationally among high schools in producing NFL players......they will have 37 this year after Leonard Fournette is taken in the first round.

This video was from 2013. St Aug has added 3 more since.        Nice video about St Aug

Desoto is tied at #67 (count?) with 14 NFL players produced.

I give will give you Desoto track you give me St Aug football...deal?

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

St Aug (NOLA) is 4th nationally among high schools in producing NFL players......they will have 37 this year after Leonard Fournette is taken in the first round.

This video was from 2013. St Aug has added 3 more since.        Nice video about St Aug

Desoto is tied at #67 (count?) with 14 NFL players produced.

I give will give you Desoto track you give me St Aug football...deal?

You have always missed the point on Desoto and probably Cedar Hill too.

These two schools haven't had the demographics they have now very long.  The hard core truth is the blacks started moving in like crazy in the 90's and the vast majority of the white families with kids moved off...I am not trying to start race issue, just stating the facts!  Hell, we played CH back in the 80's and don't recall them having 1 black kid when played them!  Plus, we kicked that ass too!

You give the current demographics at Desoto the same time frame that St. Aug has had to produced 37 and you will see big difference.

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

You give the current demographics at Desoto the same time frame that St. Aug has had to produced 37 and you will see big difference.

I really don't care what the demographics are anywhere....St Aug is great at producing football players.

There are black schools nationally with 4 times the enrollment of St Aug who have 8 or 10 NFL players........it can't be denied.

Throughout the 1990s, DeSoto experienced a significant change in the demographic composition of the city. In the 1990 census, whites constituted 75.97% of the city's population, but that figure had declined to 48.83% in the 2000 census, and 17.4% non-Hispanic white by 2010. By contrast, the African American population grew rapidly. In 2000, African Americans were 45.53% of the population, up from 20.83% in 1990. Hispanics accounted for 4.98% of the population in 1990 and 7.30% in 2000.

As of the 2010 Census, DeSoto had a population of 51,102. 68.6% of the population was Black, 17.4% was non-Hispanic white, 0.4% American Indian and Alaska Native, 0.9% Asian, 1.9% from two or more races. 12.1% of the population was of Hispanic or Latino origin.[9]

Mostly African-American Students

1,843 students, or 81.0% of the student population at Desoto H. S. identify as African-American, making up the largest segment of the student body. A typical school in Desoto is made up of 54.7% African-American students, so Desoto H. S. has a drastically different ethnic distribution compared to other schools in the city.

The demographic breakdown of Desoto H. S. is drastically different from that of a typical school in the state of Texas, which is made up of 12.6% African-American students on average.

Just now, TheRealCAJ said:

Know this.....

St Aug has a student enrollment of 600 or so (all boys, black).......they would be a small TX TAPP.

Aug has always played UP in 5A and D1....not many know that. Now you do.

600 all black kids and some of them are recruited...Most would like to have 600 all black boys and chance to recruit some them to boot.  

FYI - that is more black boys than small 6A Cedar Hill has!