Dallas Carter 3:19.32

Trimble Tech 3:22.79

-------------------------------------------------

Frederick Williams  24'8.5" Long Jump - National Best so far 

Darius Prescott 48'7" Triple Jump - 3rd Best in the nation so far

Zachary Johnson 47'7" Triple Jump - 7th best in the nation so far

Quivell Jordan 38.11 300m Hurdles - 12th best in the nation so far

Zachary Johnson 38.24 300m Hurdles - 15th best in the nation so far

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be shocked if Desoto comes really close to beating the all time 4 x 400 relay record in the next few years

In the open 400 m

they had - 10th graders Kevin Modesto run 48.25 - 10th grader Tairyn Ross 49.48 - 10th grader Angel Deloney run 50.49

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desoto also has some young 10 grade sprinters in the mix - 

10th grader Donovan Smith ran 10.79 100m

10th grader Dawaylon Bailey ran 10.81

10th grader Amondre Street ran 11.11

10th grader Lexington Dunn ran 11.21

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the record -  Desoto ran 40.86 4 x 100 in this meet - I am very positive that this is not their best over all team running so far.

• Like 1

Some Girls Highlights at the Lancaster meet on Friday

Maybe the most impressive result in this meet came from  Lancaster 9th grader Jayla Hollis - she ran nationally leading 100m Hurdles in 13.68 - count me impressed!  The all time record in this event is 12.84 - I could see this young lady from Lancaster challenging this by the time she is sr. depending on her body as she get's older.

Her teammate ran 13.82 in the same race - good enough for 4th best nationally

Desoto had two girls in this race also that ran the 8th & 10th best times nationally 

That's pretty impressive performance by all these young ladies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Carter 11th grader ran 11.56 100m - 2nd best time in the nation so far this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desoto 10th grader Bryannia Murphy ran 55.57 400m  good enough for 12th best time nationally so far

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desoto  Ran 1:37.04  4x200  2nd National best time so far

Desoto Ran 45.96 4x100 5th best time nationally so far

Texas girls now have 6 of the top 7 times nationally in the 4x100 including the the best time by Mesquite Horn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the 4x 400

Desoto ran 3:44.60 3rd best time in the nation

Duncanville ran 3:45.77 4th best time in the nation

Lancaster ran 3:47.43 6th best time in the nation

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mansfield had girl who High jumped 5'7"  tied for 9th nationally 

The best jump this year so far is 5'11" by Dallas Highland Park athlete

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valencia Bullock from Mansfield Lake Ridge - Long Jump 19'6" 5th best nationally -  Her teammate only 10th grader Jasmine Moore Jumped 19'6.5" earlier this year for the 4th best jump nationally

That same girl Jasmine Moore leads the nation in Triple Jump 41'11"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is link to all the results from the Lancaster Meet from Friday 3-10-17

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/MeetResults.aspx?Meet=301264#4983

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Some Girls Highlights at the Lancaster meet on Friday

Maybe the most impressive result in this meet came from  Lancaster 9th grader Jayla Hollis - she ran nationally leading 100m Hurdles in 13.68 - count me impressed!  The all time record in this event is 12.84 - I could see this young lady from Lancaster challenging this by the time she is sr. depending on her body as she get's older.

Her teammate ran 13.82 in the same race - good enough for 4th best nationally

Desoto had two girls in this race also that ran the 8th & 10th best times nationally 

That's pretty impressive performance by all these young ladies!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dallas Carter 11th grader ran 11.56 100m - 2nd best time in the nation so far this year.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desoto 10th grader Bryannia Murphy ran 55.57 400m  good enough for 12th best time nationally so far

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desoto  Ran 1:37.04  4x200  2nd National best time so far

Desoto Ran 45.96 4x100 5th best time nationally so far

Texas girls now have 6 of the top 7 times nationally in the 4x100 including the the best time by Mesquite Horn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the 4x 400

Desoto ran 3:44.60 3rd best time in the nation

Duncanville ran 3:45.77 4th best time in the nation

Lancaster ran 3:47.43 6th best time in the nation

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Mansfield had girl who High jumped 5'7"  tied for 9th nationally 

The best jump this year so far is 5'11" by Dallas Highland Park athlete

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valencia Bullock from Mansfield Lake Ridge - Long Jump 19'6" 5th best nationally -  Her teammate only 10th grader Jasmine Moore Jumped 19'6.5" earlier this year for the 4th best jump nationally

That same girl Jasmine Moore leads the nation in Triple Jump 41'11"

Here is link to all the results from the Lancaster Meet from Friday 3-10-17

http://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/MeetResults.aspx?Meet=301264#4983

Good stuff TexasBall

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Texasball said:

Nationally - Desoto has 3 kids ranked in the top 21 400m #13, #16, #21

They have 4th kid ranked #71 nationally

MNW has their work cut out for them now... the bar is raised high with a 3:11  (which is a sick hs time).

9 hours ago, Texasball said:

Fort Bend Marshall 100m kids

They have 5 kids that have all posted automated times under 11 flat

Myles Lafluer 10.39

Shamon Ehiemua 10.49

Cederian Lynch 10.82

9th grade Bryson Stubblefield 10.97

9th grade Avery Helm 10.92

That's a low 40, 39 and change type squad with 3 quality hand-offs.   AHP has just Schwartz (10.37) and 3 borderline sub 11 very talented football players, who I'm sure get to speed quickly and for sure Schwartz is running the max distance anchor leg possible.  Ehiema I know that name from last year and they've got a faster kid this year... crazy.  They will take AHP's 40.59 for sure this season.   

Yesterday was the prelims for the New Balance national indoors track portion, but the field events were in play and it was all about "Mondo", who's still just a junior!

U-20 world record and eclipsed 19 feet yesterday with a 19' 1" vault (first in HS to break 19)... kid is so calm and focused, I watched it live on runnerspace.com    What a future...  here is a video clip.

Golf - Fort Bend Marshall ran 40.13 last year.

The Texas Southern Relays are this week - Hopefully they will have some good teams show up - Most of Texas is on spring break this week!

Nationally in the 4x100 so far 

Texas has 25 of the top 50

Florida has 16 of the top 50

I will keep saying it --- people wonder why Football is so good in these states?  Speed!!!!!

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Golf - Fort Bend Marshall ran 40.13 last year.

They can beat it with 3 quality baton handoffs... I expect to see 39.90 range before the season is over.  

http://results.deltatiming.com/tf/2017-new-balance-indoors   New Balance indoor nationals results...  (elite national records in 110m hurdles boys, Sidney McLaughlin of course girls 400, Cooper did not run the 60 semis and smartly so as the break between finals of the 200 and 400 was close enough.   He won the 200 and lowered his national soph best to 21.05 and he won the 400 and broke the meet record (but nowhere close to PR).  

Univ. of Tennessee burner Christian Coleman ran wild in the NCAA indoor champ. over the weekend... won the 60 in 6.45 (tied meet record) and won the 200 in 20.11  (meet record 20.10).   Texas A&M ripped a meet record 3:02.80 4x400 with A&M's Fred Kurley running a 44.85 to win the 400.  

Shoutout to junior Kendall Ellis (STA - USC) who ran a 51.07 400 (lost by .007) for 2nd and ran anchor on the USC winning 4x400 women's relay and NCAA record time 3:27.03  (.04 over Oregon).   

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

They can beat it with 3 quality baton handoffs... I expect to see 39.90 range before the season is over.  

http://results.deltatiming.com/tf/2017-new-balance-indoors   New Balance indoor nationals results...  (elite national records in 110m hurdles boys, Sidney McLaughlin of course girls 400, Cooper did not run the 60 semis and smartly so as the break between finals of the 200 and 400 was close enough.   He won the 200 and lowered his national soph best to 21.05 and he won the 400 and broke the meet record (but nowhere close to PR).  

Univ. of Tennessee burner Christian Coleman ran wild in the NCAA indoor champ. over the weekend... won the 60 in 6.45 (tied meet record) and won the 200 in 20.11  (meet record 20.10).   Texas A&M ripped a meet record 3:02.80 4x400 with A&M's Fred Kurley running a 44.85 to win the 400.  

Shoutout to junior Kendall Ellis (STA - USC) who ran a 51.07 400 (lost by .007) for 2nd and ran anchor on the USC winning 4x400 women's relay and NCAA record time 3:27.03  (.04 over Oregon).   

If the weather is good in Austin during the Texas Relays and with the Competition.  They might hit the Sub 40.  there.  I hope the weather is awesome.

44 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Golf & DD

Did you see that 9th grade girl Jayla Hollis form Lancaster ran 13.68 100m Hurdles to lead the nation so far?  I am sure she had little wind, but damn that is impressive for 9th grader considering Hurdling requires great technique.

I didn't but you told me about it in our PhonCon.  Really hope you can make it to the Texas Relays this year.  It rained on us last year on the final day.  If you do the Redskin and I will treat you to some BBQ @ the SaltLick or some Brisket @ Franklin's BBQ or wherever you like in Austin. 

29 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I didn't but you told me about it in our PhonCon.  Really hope you can make it to the Texas Relays this year.  It rained on us last year on the final day.  If you do the Redskin and I will treat you to some BBQ @ the SaltLick or some Brisket @ Franklin's BBQ or wherever you like in Austin. 

Are you going on Saturday only?  We will never get inside Franklin's unless we are willing to wait very long time - This is the best BBQ in the world!.  Last year at Big 12 Equipment Managers Conference held in Austin we rented the place out and it was all you could eat.  Man, I hurt myself in that place!

Anyways, I thought it was damn impressive that a freshman girl ran that good in the 100m Hurdles - It usually takes time to get that technique down.  I am sure she will be running at the Texas Relays

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Golf & DD

Did you see that 9th grade girl Jayla Hollis form Lancaster ran 13.68 100m Hurdles to lead the nation so far?  I am sure she had little wind, but damn that is impressive for 9th grader considering Hurdling requires great technique.

Definitely a fast time but without a wind reading tough to say how elite... when she rips a wind legal time you can compare.  

As reference, last year a 9th grader from GA finished 3rd in the world juniors in Poland with a wind legal sub 13!  (12.89).  Technically still 9th grade for track records.  http://www.athletic.net/result/MmiRN24iJspjmDyhM/ 

She finished 3rd in the New Balance 60h indoors final on Sunday as a soph.  

National top 20 4x100 so far this year

Texas with 11 teams - 3 of the top 4 so far

Florida with 6 teams - 3 of the top 6 including the #1 team so far

Georgia with 2 teams - #14 and #17

California with 1 team - #13

-----------------------------------------------------------

National top 20 4x200 so far this year

Texas with 11 teams - Top 5 times and 6 of the top 7

Nevada with 1 team - #6

Florida with 4 teams - 2 in the top 10 - #8 and #10

Georgia with 2 teams - #9 and #11

Mississippi with 2 teams - 

--------------------------------------------------------------

National top 20 4x400 so far this year

Texas with 13 teams - #1 and including 11 of the top 15 times so far this year

Florida with 5 teams - #2 and 3 of the top 6

Georgia with 2 teams

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It must be the coaching down in Texas!  sorry I couldn't help myself

6 hours ago, Texasball said:

National top 20 4x100 so far this year

Texas with 11 teams - 3 of the top 4 so far

Florida with 6 teams - 3 of the top 6 including the #1 team so far

Georgia with 2 teams - #14 and #17

California with 1 team - #13

-----------------------------------------------------------

National top 20 4x200 so far this year

Texas with 11 teams - Top 5 times and 6 of the top 7

Nevada with 1 team - #6

Florida with 4 teams - 2 in the top 10 - #8 and #10

Georgia with 2 teams - #9 and #11

Mississippi with 2 teams - 

--------------------------------------------------------------

National top 20 4x400 so far this year

Texas with 13 teams - #1 and including 11 of the top 15 times so far this year

Florida with 5 teams - #2 and 3 of the top 6

Georgia with 2 teams

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It must be the coaching down in Texas!  sorry I couldn't help myself

Texasball, this is where you lose me.  It's in the teens on most of the East coast.  Indoor nationals were just completed.  These numbers are meaningless at this point in the track season.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, Texasball said:

Are you going on Saturday only?  We will never get inside Franklin's unless we are willing to wait very long time - This is the best BBQ in the world!.  Last year at Big 12 Equipment Managers Conference held in Austin we rented the place out and it was all you could eat.  Man, I hurt myself in that place!

Anyways, I thought it was damn impressive that a freshman girl ran that good in the 100m Hurdles - It usually takes time to get that technique down.  I am sure she will be running at the Texas Relays

I am leaning toward going both Friday and Saturday.  Last 2 times I left DFW around 5am for the all day Saturday event.   I saw where it was ranked the 16th best outdoor meet in the world last year.  That's pretty good and you get to watch HS. College and Pro's.   There are not 200/400 events.  Just the 100 & hurdles and the rest are pretty much relays.  The prelims in the HS 4x100 will not use blocks to start due to time constraints.  But they are efficient.  In the Hurdles they run both ways and get thru that pretty fast.  Always good to see the Texexs come back.  Last year we ate out at the Salt Lick.  I am debating whether to drive down or we ride the Motorcycle down for the weekend.  A little concerned about the traffic on the Bike.  The weather will be in the high 70's here this weekend so the times should improve.  I will post the teams for the Texas relays they just put the schedule out but haven't listed the teams.  I saw STA florida a few years ago and Poly girls are usually here.  I hope more Florida kids and Cali kids come and hook up with our kids.

2 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Texasball, this is where you lose me.  It's in the teens on most of the East coast.  Indoor nationals were just completed.  These numbers are meaningless at this point in the track season.

Do you believe they will be that much different at the end of the year?

The final numbers for Texas in 2016

Top 20 national

4x200 - Texas Teams 17 including #1

4X400 - Texas Teams 11 

4 x100 - Texas Teams 11 including #1

2015 final numbers Top 20

4x200 - 14 Texas Teams

4x400 - 9 Texas Teams

4x100 - 12 Texas Teams - Including #1

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 final top 20

4x100 - 14 Texas Teams - Including #1

4x200 - 15 Texas Teams

4x400 - 7 Texas Teams

12 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I am leaning toward going both Friday and Saturday.  Last 2 times I left DFW around 5am for the all day Saturday event.   I saw where it was ranked the 16th best outdoor meet in the world last year.  That's pretty good and you get to watch HS. College and Pro's.   There are not 200/400 events.  Just the 100 & hurdles and the rest are pretty much relays.  The prelims in the HS 4x100 will not use blocks to start due to time constraints.  But they are efficient.  In the Hurdles they run both ways and get thru that pretty fast.  Always good to see the Texexs come back.  Last year we ate out at the Salt Lick.  I am debating whether to drive down or we ride the Motorcycle down for the weekend.  A little concerned about the traffic on the Bike.  The weather will be in the high 70's here this weekend so the times should improve.  I will post the teams for the Texas relays they just put the schedule out but haven't listed the teams.  I saw STA florida a few years ago and Poly girls are usually here.  I hope more Florida kids and Cali kids come and hook up with our kids.

I may go over to Arlington Martin today...They are having meet - running starts at 3:45 - Martin, Desoto, Duncanville, skyline, Plano East, Coppell are some of the schools that will be there.