Stache / Trinity League Rolls.

Sammyswordsman

East coast peeps waking up in disbelief as mighty Florida based Titan IMG runs outta gas in the 4th Qtr. As Trinity League  playoff contender Mater Dei silences the critics thundering to a convincing 28-24 victory.

in a game featuring two solid Tier 1 programs, even the casual viewer could see the wide separation in talent compared to  local town based teams such as Allen, and Colerain.  Even private academies as SJC, SFA, and STA would be hard pressed to stay within  14 points of these two.

There is little doubt that IMG will roll their remaining opponents, but there's is substantial doubt if Mater Dei can even win their own league.

Trinity League is not for the faint of heart.  

trinity league 8.jpg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

East coast peeps waking up in disbelief as mighty Florida based Titan IMG runs outta gas in the 4th Qtr. As Trinity League  playoff contender Mater Dei silences the critics thundering to a convincing 28-24 victory.

in a game featuring two solid Tier 1 programs, even the casual viewer could see the wide separation in talent compared to  local town based teams such as Allen, and Colerain.  Even private academies as SJC, SFA, and STA would be hard pressed to stay within  14 points of these two.

There is little doubt that IMG will roll their remaining opponents, but there's is substantial doubt if Mater Dei can even win their own league.

trinity league 8.jpg

Bosco is good really good...just want to point something out...DJ has never beaten MD...not as Freshman, not the 2 times they played last year and not in 7v7...just saying 

46 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Bosco is good really good...just want to point something out...DJ has never beaten MD...not as Freshman, not the 2 times they played last year and not in 7v7...just saying 

Yes Bosco is good.  But, they simply don’t have the run game IMG has.  Good QB and better receivers, but MD has a pretty damn good secondary.   MD should be a solid10+ favorite.

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Come on, don’t try to make this something it wasn’t, namely an East-West grudge match.

Thundering to a convincing victory? Really?  More like squeaking by in a nailbiter.

And there’s little-to-no doubt that MD wins Trinity.

Your second paragraph is about the only thing in this post that isn’t questionable.

And where were you the whole game?  Heart in your mouth much?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

trinity league 8.jpg

Anyone who argues against this being the best defense the conference in the land should be thrown in a straight jacket.

I don't think it means anything in the grand scheme of things as it's a league of privates pulling top talent from LA and the OC;  most populated area in the county so logic would dictate it should be the best.  

Better win last night than of they won by 30.  Any team can do that - but this team showed that on top of how good they are they can respond to adversity.  

• Like 1

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

Anyone who argues against this being the best defense the conference in the land should be thrown in a straight jacket.

I don't think it means anything in the grand scheme of things as it's a league of privates pulling top talent from LA and the OC;  most populated area in the county so logic would dictate it should be the best.  

Better win last night than of they won by 30.  Any team can do that - but this team showed that on top of how good they are they can respond to adversity.  

I meant: 

Anyone who argues against this being the best  conference in the land should be thrown in a straight jacket.

trinity league 8.jpg

I meant: 

Anyone who argues against this being the best  conference in the land should be thrown in a straight jacket.

trinity league 8.jpg

Damn typeo's lol.  I'm so old I'm still half asleep from staying up to watch the game - need my coffee.

But major congrats to that team and it's fanbase = real deal #1 in nation (I typically find this impossible to say and think a HS ranking system is ridiculous - but in this case I can say they are the legit #1)

10 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

The Trinity League did not roll... OLu was a letdown... Collapsed after leading 14-3 at the half... 

5 minutes ago, Ararar said:

MV beats trinity teams pretty regularly 

True

but tonexhs’s point, if Sammy wasn’t the instigatornifnthe weekly excuse column, OLu would have been mentioned in the OP rather than CQ and DLS for close wins against OLu/ MV sorts of teams 

1 hour ago, GrecoRoman said:

Damn typeo's lol.  I'm so old I'm still half asleep from staying up to watch the game - need my coffee.

But major congrats to that team and it's fanbase = real deal #1 in nation (I typically find this impossible to say and think a HS ranking system is ridiculous - but in this case I can say they are the legit #1)

Try it one more time. From the top...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Come on, don’t try to make this something it wasn’t, namely an East-West grudge match.

Thundering to a convincing victory? Really?  More like squeaking by in a nailbiter.

Your second paragraph is about the only thing in this post that isn’t questionable.

Not an east coast grudge match?

95% of the easy time zone guys here posted in favor of IMG to win (even though they picked Stache in the pickem)

Proving their hearts were on a different place than their heads 

Had IMG won, we would be reading posts questioning MD #OIAG team, and saying MD didn’t play anyone I.e a Florida team

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Not an east coast grudge match?

95% of the easy time zone guys here posted in favor of IMG to win (even though they picked Stacie in the pickem)

Proving their hearts were on a different place than their heads 

Had IMG won, we would be reading posts questioning MD #OIAG team, and saying MD didn’t play anyone I.e a Florida team

Gotta agree.  The huge percentage of IMG guys are East Coast and FL is the highest repped state.  

MD (while yes kinds from all over LA County and the OC) took on an east coast/ more importantly southeast  all star team and won 

7 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Capture.thumb.PNG.76e6bf2e15ef50a717124b0efe17455b.PNG

Not that I think referencing games where DJ didn't step step foot on the field has any relevance...

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Exocet 98 said:

Mission Viejo is 7-1 out of the last 8 games played.

And a very fortunate 7-1 at that. 

Truth is MV struggled to beat Trinity League #5 by 2 points in the playoffs last year, and needed a missed chip shot 30 yard FG to escape with a 'w" after trailing most of the game vs Trinity League likely #4 this year.

2 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Proof it was a East coast grudge match.  Read a paper dude.  Geez o

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/09/20/game-of-the-week-mater-dei-img-academy-to-duel-for-national-bragging-rights/

3 hours ago, Wosinc said:

There is a lot of doubt they don’t win trinity. SJB has been ranked above them in most polls.

• Thanks 1