New Polls (2018-09-24)

dntn31

6 hours ago, dntn31 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTfMyz4JiUv8IYLAjMnqT_E-KAGPxHUkHEu5HvEhSY8UZ9nM3As8r8PzFxQ4OB9Svvw0TcJVtqpCTT_/pubhtml

Interesting note: All 3 computer-based polls have MD at #1. 3 of the 4 human polls have SJB at #1 (except USAT who has MD at #1).

Wow!

CA has the highest rated team, the second highest rated team, and the second highest rated public in the country.

No wonder everyone hates us.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This I can live with. Not that I think SPP IS top 25 but you can make a case they have EARNED that spot for now. 

And obviously they deserve to be ranked ahead of Colquitt. 

If PrepForce made the most sense, wouldn't they be in the majority?

Real question. 

Even with them and USAT doing the best they can to drag Colquitt down, Colquitt is still concensus top ten.

No other poll agrees with them. Not the computers or the humans. 

That makes them an outlier. 

It makes you fellas nothing more than trolls. Rather than trying to bring your teams up, it appears your lot in life has become to tear Colquitt down. It's sad to watch a guy that I used to respect become a shitty troll. Real talk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

And you've never respected NOR!! 

Not true. @HawgGoneIt is a good guy, fair and balanced. 

I could piss off anybody. 😉

I "get" he and @CCBlackhatter

Passionate about GA and particularly about Colquitt. 

All I ask is that Rush play real OOS comp on the road. 2 games a year is enough.  

Had he done this I would not be arguing with these guys. I'd have my mouth shut or they would. 

Only Pumpkin loses and continues to claim his team is better because the ball bounced funny, the ref dropped a flag, a cheerleader screeched, a plane flew over head, a mouse got in the locker room, someone deflated the ball... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Not true. @HawgGoneIt is a good guy, fair and balanced. 

I could piss off anybody. 😉

I "get" he and @CCBlackhatter

Passionate about GA and particularly about Colquitt. 

All I ask is that Rush play real OOS comp on the road. 2 games a year is enough.  

Had he done this I would not be arguing with these guys. I'd have my mouth shut or they would. 

Only Pumpkin loses and continues to claim his team is better because the ball bounced funny, the ref dropped a flag, a cheerleader screeched, a plane flew over head, a mouse got in the locker room, someone deflated the ball... 

I can't do anything but respect that you want teams to prove it. 

This season, you have a good old priapism for Colquitt when their strength of schedule is higher than many teams ahead of and behind them though.

Basically, you have moved on to being a SOS denier. This is fine, except you can't produce any data to the contrary. 

You have become everything that you railed against for as long as I have known you. 

The only explanation that I can come up with is you have decided that the LiberalDonaldTrump method is the way to go. 

Nothing terribly wrong with that either. I get a good laugh at his stuff at times. He's just not to be taken seriously, ever. Never saw you in that light. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We've talked about the difficulties and costs associated with traveling in and out of that region. It's no joke. 

We all tried to schedule what we thought was a top 5 opponent. 

BC scheduled Grayson.

Colquitt scheduled Grayson. 

We go through this SOS thing every year. Usually Colquitt is on the wrong end of the argument without much leg to stand on. This season, that's simply not the case. The schedule is solid. Colquitt did not try to duck any top tier opponent. They actually scheduled a preseason concensus top 5 team on top of playing a strong schedule already.

Nobody is bitching about SFA sitting at 4 in the polls with NO schedule. 

Everytime I log on here there is some new angle of attack on Colquitt though. 

xD

I'd rather be debating about how there are two statistical outliers on Colquitt in the polls. 

Not sure why, when all three computers and a few human polls all have Colquitt 11 or higher, we have one poll just introducing them into the top 25 and another holding them outside the top 15. 

I get that we all have opinions... especially pollsters who try to make a living at least in part off of their opinions, but when you are looking like the outlier in the group of widely accepted opinions, it seems like it devalues your opinion. 

Just my opinion. xD

10 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Reminder that I was the first to say that scheduling Sully was a step in the right direction. No qualms from me. And scheduling VM and TC are definitely better than playing in state foes. 

Certainly considering the obvious issues with financing the type of match ups that some people feel like must happen, Colquitt does pretty good with getting teams to play. 

Most of us accept that it is what it is. Others, not so much. 

Financially, we aren't the only school struggling to make monster schedules. Judging by the trend started anew by new people introduced into the management, but not in the football program, their could well be a contraction in ability to schedule in the future, right after we saw attempts to improve. 

By god, some of us are fighting against it tooth and nail, but, the right people aren't taking action. 

It could end up a whisper political campaign in the future even. 

We haven't hit magical Oct. 1st yet, but here's CalPreps quick summary. 

Freeman's Calpreps current top 25 includes 8 Cali teams in the top 17 and 8 in the 25 overall... next best is FL incl. nomad IMG (4), TX (3), GA (2), HI (2)…  

As far as state reps in the top 100 (52.9 rating or higher):

TX  (16),  CA  (13),  GA  (13),  FL  (10 incl. nomad IMG),  OH (8)…  HI (4),  LA  (4),  MD/DC  (4),  MS  (3),  NJ (3),  AZ (3),  AL (2), CO  (2),  MI  (2),  NV  (2), OK  (2),  UT  (2) and some notables with one  IL  (1),  IN (1), PA  (1)

Nope, didn't forget Arkansas.  Freeman had AR rated #7 in 2017 (currently tied for 20th 2018).  5 teams rated top 100 in 2017, currently 0 in 2018.   Looks like the state scale Acme kit was successful reeling in the AR Roadrunner :).  

Missouri has been in the top 10 range the last few years...  look for the MO Acme kit to make an entrance in a future season.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I can't do anything but respect that you want teams to prove it. 

This season, you have a good old priapism for Colquitt when their strength of schedule is higher than many teams ahead of and behind them though.

Basically, you have moved on to being a SOS denier. This is fine, except you can't produce any data to the contrary. 

You have become everything that you railed against for as long as I have known you. 

The only explanation that I can come up with is you have decided that the LiberalDonaldTrump method is the way to go. 

Nothing terribly wrong with that either. I get a good laugh at his stuff at times. He's just not to be taken seriously, ever. Never saw you in that light. 

We all know overall SOS is not relevant as it's an average. 

We look at a few teams at the top of a schedule to understand. 

This is not the first second third or 4th time you have heard this.

This is what I have always spoken to. My insistence of "proving" your ranking is legendary! At least in my own mind.:)

Even DJ with all his short comings  understood this.

Now factor in the "screwed pooch" rating GA teams have the last two year and realize that OOS match ups tell us how the teams in states stack up vs teams from other states. 

Be careful what you say about @LiberalDonaldTrump, the man is a football genius!

Earlier this month I declared him the final authority, the easy coast @Sammyswordsman!

Any guy that get's up at 3am to chase a snowflake.... enough said,

Look at Prep force. He clearly understands. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We've talked about the difficulties and costs associated with traveling in and out of that region. It's no joke. 

Well then they should have done better against Grayson as they knew Grayson had faced a NJ teams that got unloaded on.

And, the have played OOS. 

Name me any other wannabe elite program that plays in CA against non elite comp?

59 minutes ago, noonereal said:

We all know overall SOS is not relevant as it's an average. 

We look at a few teams at the top of a schedule to understand. 

This is not the first second third or 4th time you have heard this.

This is what I have always spoken to. My insistence of "proving" your ranking is legendary! At least in my own mind.:)

Even DJ with all his short comings  understood this.

Now factor in the "screwed pooch" rating GA teams have the last two year and realize that OOS match ups tell us how the teams in states stack up vs teams from other states. 

Be careful what you say about @LiberalDonaldTrump, the man is a football genius!

Earlier this month I declared him the final authority, the easy coast @Sammyswordsman!

Any guy that get's up at 3am to chase a snowflake.... enough said,

Look at Prep force. He clearly understands. 

Clearly. Since he is leading the pack in the expert pick 'em and all, he is clearly the go to expert on which teams are the best this year. 

xD

I'll stick with Jamie DeMoney this year. 

He's dialed in on who is the best. 

Leads PrepForce by six games right now. Leads our team by 3. 

Guess what else... on top of being dialed in on who would beat who week to week, he was the first guy with Colquitt in the top ten. ;)

He knows what's up. Clearly.

Edited by HawgGoneIt

8 hours ago, Kalven said:

Games I would love to see

Colquitt Ga vs Rome Ga

Allen TX vs IMG FL

DLS Ca vs MV Ca

Bingham UT vs St Louis HI

Results from these games will answer a lot of questions.

What question would you see answered from Rome vs. Colquitt? 

The result of that game this year would not be pretty. Last year, on a down year at the top, the result may have been better, but I still wouldn't have put my money on Rome. 

• Like 1

@noonereal

you would think 💭  a top 10 in the nation so close to Fl powers

why would they not play STa, ahp, carol city, Miami central 

shit even BNU we ain’t Fraid of no one ... any of us are willing... why play A no name team from Missouri ... that was pointless.... 

and and you gotta leave your safe space

i know u don’t realize but there’s a such thing as home field advantage 

lmso imagaine a college team that refuses to travel and only plays home games lmao

0CA18535-BB1C-4537-85C6-11052B3B338D.png

1 minute ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@noonereal

you would think 💭  a top 10 in the nation so close to Fl powers

why would they not play STa, ahp, carol city, Miami central 

shit even BNU we ain’t Fraid of no one ... any of us are willing... why play A no name team from Missouri ... that was pointless.... 

and and you gotta leave your safe space

i know u don’t realize but there’s a such thing as home field advantage 

lmso imagaine a college team that refuses to travel and only plays home games lmao

Colquitt is so hard to get to.....

Like it's on top of a freakin' iceberg... 

• dntn31 unpinned this topic