How would these games play out?

FootballGuy

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

You're nuts. BC was up on Grayson 27-3 after 3. 

Then what happened? 

I mean Grayson was dead on their feet against Colquitt after 3. They couldn't do anything. Their center would stand bent over with his arms down sucking wind until the play was called. 

Somehow Bergen gave up 19 additional points to a team that was sucking wind in the fourth against Colquitt. 

That's plenty enough to understand that Bergen would be sucking wind too. :D

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

😂 at GA.Remember when they told us the IMG vs Grayson and Centennial games would prove they played a better brand of football 😂.Even during the IMG Centennial game they kept saying here comes the IMG onslaught Centennial is to soft 😂

Yeah Centennial beats Colquitt anywhere.

You're talking about 2 years ago... Grayson isn't even Grayson anymore... 

And if it wasn't for Cen10s stellar  offense that game would've been ugly... 

Because IMG was laying it on the Cen10 defense...

You Californians are hung up on Past BS... Makes sense though considering your playoff system bases merit on 2 year intervals... 

That makes no sense... Tell me why what some team did 2 years ago should matter today? 

Grayson won a state title 2 years ago... What does that mean in 2018? 

That 2016 Grayson team is mostly gone 

That 2016 Cen10 team is mostly gone 

That 2016 IMG team is mostly gone 

Quit dick riding events from 2016 it's different year with different players and there's bound to be different results. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You Californians are hung up on Past BS... Makes sense though considering your playoff system bases merit on 2 year intervals... 

That makes no sense... Tell me why what some team did 2 years ago should matter today? 

Quit dick riding events from 2016 it's different year with different players and there's bound to be different results. 

You’re missing the point there GA. You are always wrong when it comes to judging GA against California football 

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Centennial 2018 version beat # 10 Chandler (GA/FL Killa) like a drum. Limiting their offensive output to 13 points. Chandler averages 48 points their next 4 games.

7 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

Centennial 2018 version beat # 10 Chandler (GA/FL Killa) like a drum. Limiting their offensive output to 13 points. Chandler averages 48 points their next 4 games.

You failed to mention that Chandler's next 4 games where Queens Creek who they beat 49-21

Mess 62-0 

Faith Lutheran(NV)35-21

Desert Ridge 48-13 

You also failed to mention that QC is the only one that might actually be worth something as their 5-1 and everyone else is 2-4,2-3 and 3-3... 

So tell me... 

You all rag us about what we do and don't do and the opponents our teams play but... 

You throw out Chandler's resume and you're proud of it.... 

Outside of Cen10 what's so great about the teams Chandler's beaten...? 

Now I know what you're gonna do you'll reference a GA team it never fails... Simply because this was a bad example and you have nothing else to say... 

Outside of Cen10 what's so great about the teams Chandler's beaten...? 

Now I know what you're gonna do you'll reference a GA team it never fails... Simply because this was a bad example and you have nothing else to say... 

Hmm who did you say was going to win that game? Chandler by two TD's I believe it was? You were wrong then and you're constantly wrong now. However I digress...Chandler would stomp a , well you know the rest, in any team from GA. So it would suffice that your team needs to go through The Wolves before you get the Huskies! OBTW Chandler still has a tougher schedule than cool hwip! ha ha ha

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Cal Preps and I both disagree.  Not this year. 

Colquitt 45.1 

Chandler 30.8 

It's obviously not even close. Over 14 points difference.

One thing I liked about DJ's site was when I clicked on the thread, it would take me to where I left off. Maybe we can do that here? Hopefully you guys will hook up with Chandler at the whatever series! But I'm sure Probst has to wash his hair or something during that time frame...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

One thing I liked about DJ's site was when I clicked on the thread, it would take me to where I left off. Maybe we can do that here? Hopefully you guys will hook up with Chandler at the whatever series! But I'm sure Probst has to wash his hair or something during that time frame...

If you click on the little star or dot beside the thread title it will take you to the first unread post. 

The star denotes threads you have posted in and the dot threads you have not. Either way it will take you directly to the first new post.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

One of the great things about this board is how two awesome football states (CA & GA) can bash each other.

Well not that at matters but I give both states A+

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

I have wished every year since that Colquitt would not have been rebuilding that year. 

Grayson folded their tent and didn't want to or could not travel therefore Valdosta went over and in the grand scheme of things, more or less embarrassed the state. 

I do believe Grayson would have been a much better game against Chandler. I wish we would have seen that matchup. We would have gotten a much better read on where each state stood. 

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have wished every year since that Colquitt would not have been rebuilding that year. 

Grayson folded their tent and didn't want to or could not travel therefore Valdosta went over and in the grand scheme of things, more or less embarrassed the state. 

I do believe Grayson would have been a much better game against Chandler. I wish we would have seen that matchup. We would have gotten a much better read on where each state stood. 

I have to go try that star thing, so hold that thought...

16 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

One of the great things about this board is how two awesome football states (CA & GA) can bash each other.

Well not that at matters but I give both states A+

It's one of the things that makes this place so much fun. 

Wait until the Texas guys get back around to debating whether their teams are deserving of a mnc or whatever also. Lately, they've been chilling among themselves, but, if it was to come down to some strange occurences where Allen was 2nd or 3rd in the polls at the end of the season, things would likely get pretty sporty here. 

Especially if for instance we have something like SJB or Mater Dei at 1, Allen at 2 and Colquitt at 3 and all of them winning their state chip. 

Oh yeah. We'd see some serious football debates then. 

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If you click on the little star or dot beside the thread title it will take you to the first unread post. 

The star denotes threads you have posted in and the dot threads you have not. Either way it will take you directly to the first new post.

That is amazing! I will bite my tongue when it comes to GA until next year! thank you 

• Haha 1

We have this weird thing where a few teams are stacking so much talent that without interplay between them and the top teams from the other few states, the mnc is almost already handed out to begin the season. 

It's not the way it should be, but, it's the way it is. 

I think it's detrimental to the sport over all. Especially as it pertains to interest in the polls and where debate about them is concerned. 

I believe we would see a more healthy debate about mnc's if there either wasn't the open transfer situations we are seeing, or there was a split in the polls for private/open transfer and public schools. Just my opinion on generating more interest and healthy debate. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's one of the things that makes this place so much fun. 

Wait until the Texas guys get back around to debating whether their teams are deserving of a mnc or whatever also. Lately, they've been chilling among themselves, but, if it was to come down to some strange occurences where Allen was 2nd or 3rd in the polls at the end of the season, things would likely get pretty sporty here. 

Especially if for instance we have something like SJB or Mater Dei at 1, Allen at 2 and Colquitt at 3 and all of them winning their state chip. 

Oh yeah. We'd see some serious football debates then. 

Yea its good discussion.  For me it's as simple as CA,TX,FL,GA in no particular order make up the heart of football in this country.  Whats great is how they all have their own identity.  Ive always liked how Cali has so many golden boy QB's combined with sick TB's/WR's and samoans on the online and defense who'll cold clock ya.  TX is just the heartland of football - anyone who hasn't seen a HS game there should experience.  FL and GA - well their just talent factories like no other which is why they dominate all of those D1 and NFL output charts and that alone should be heavily respected even if this is a HS board2

I have to say that as it relates to HS FB, the Cali and TX teams have a certain "fluid" type of play that I dont see on the GA/FL type teams so I'd have to give them the edge head to head

• Like 1

Just now, GrecoRoman said:

Yea its good discussion.  For me it's as simple as CA,TX,FL,GA in no particular order make up the heart of football in this country.  Whats great is how they all have their own identity.  Ive always liked how Cali has so many golden boy QB's combined with sick TB's/WR's and samoans on the online and defense who'll cold clock ya.  TX is just the heartland of football - anyone who hasn't seen a HS game there should experience.  FL and GA - well their just talent factories like no other which is why they dominate all of those D1 and NFL output charts and that alone should be heavily respected even if this is a HS board2

I have to say that as it relates to HS FB, the Cali and TX teams have a certain "fluid" type of play that I dont see on the GA/FL type teams so I'd have to give them the edge head to head

I mostly agree. 

I think south Georgia is more closely akin to Texas than north Georgia is per se'. Everything from fan support to investing in facilities is more the same. Once you add the north and south of Georgia together we start seeing the separating of the two states. 

Overall, your assessment is probably correct though. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I mostly agree. 

I think south Georgia is more closely akin to Texas than north Georgia is per se'. Everything from fan support to investing in facilities is more the same. Once you add the north and south of Georgia together we start seeing the separating of the two states. 

Overall, your assessment is probably correct though. 

Do they still play the FL vs GA game?  I went to a few of those - loaded with future big timers.  They need to bring this game.  The Cali team was so smooth - they methodically drove the field (I think the QB was leinart but dont remember for sure) and then kickoff and outta here.   Imagine kicking off to this guy in HS lol!  

• Like 1