Name every states top 5 (Challange)

LiberalDonaldTrump

9 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

@Omaha Vol   It’s either img is ranked or their not ranked

if we’re going to Rank them then they should be able to win a MNC

but if you don’t recognize them as a school to win a MNC then why even bother ranking them with the other high school teams 

Um, I DO have them ranked. You might want to take another look at my poll......

• Haha 1

Just now, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Ok so ur telling me if they were number 1 undefeated at end of year then they would with the MNC?

With their schedule, most likely. St. John's would be in the running with their schedule as well. I guess it doesn't matter now since IMG lost to Mater Dei. The MD/SJB winner will have a decent shot at the MNC. Allen or North Shore in TX as well. 

8 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

No Saguaro?

No, because I've contended since I first came on here that in a good year Saguaro is the fifth best team in Arizona, and this isn't a terribly good year for them. This was a team that was hyped to be a strong defensive team, yet they finished the non-league portion of their schedule giving up 25 points a game against teams that have combined for a 7-13 record this season  (6-14 once you account for Liberty's recent double forfeit). I have always said that their out of state schedule was underwhelming  (Liberty's loss to Lone Peak doesn't help refute that) and didn't make up for their refusal to schedule any of the state's large school programs.

Reality is Saguaro's a 1200-student public school in a state with a plethora of schools nearly double or more their enrollment. Until they start playing and beating elite Arizona large schools I am going to work with the assumption that a great big school will usually beat a great small school  (an assumption that Saguaro's own record versus those teams speaks to).

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Felt the same way.  Folsom or MV at 5, but leaning more towards Folsom at that spot. 

I think Folsom wins 6 out of 10, but their MOV would be > 20

I would have said 8 out of 10, but I think this MV team is better than an average MV team so a bit cautious 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I’ll have you know that Trinity Catholic just hung 70+ on the (previously) undefeated Lutheran Cougars tonight!!! TC put 75 on those ferocious cats (5-0) on the road in a sea of blue! 

1AA43586-D488-48F0-96B9-4408D75B1BEA.gif

Lmao congrats 

🎉 

you you beat the 80th ranked team in Missouri 

lmao ATL I thought you were better than that🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

A6545378-096F-43E6-9465-87B7717E808C.png

6 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Didn’t Lone Peak knock off Bingham tonight? (Unless Calpreps screwed up the score as usual again.) Maybe they aren’t such a slouch after all? 

Lone Peak defeated Bingham last night 17-14.  

Bingham's last in-state regular season loss was 6 years ago (9/27/12) to Lone Peak.

Bingham's last in-state playoff loss was in 2015 to Lone Peak.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Say WHAAAAT? No MERRYETTER? I thought that they were supposed to have beaten the #4 team in AMERICA last week?

Marietta is not in my top 5. They aren't in any top 5 that I know of. 

This ain't SoCal or Jersey where you can claim fame to some top billing by losing close losses to every good team you play. 

A loss is a loss and a win is a win in my book. 

Marietta may be better now than to start the season. Idk. Imo They need(ed) to prove some in state stuff before they go(went) running out with a GSB leash on their neck. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

This ain't SoCal or Jersey where you can claim fame to some top billing by losing close losses to every good team you play. 

Marietta may be better now than to start the season. Idk. Imo They need(ed) to prove some in state stuff before they go(went) running out with a GSB leash on their neck. 

Why are you surprised 

Rab is the same idiot who sat there trying to convince people that GA is greatest thing since sliced bread and That FL is the weakest state in the nation because colquitt played AHP close at home while being helped by local GA officials who always give homer calls against FL teams out of spite and hatred 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hate to correct you...but Marietta made the Cobb County Top Five.

Rufus>>

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Didn’t Lone Peak knock off Bingham tonight? (Unless Calpreps screwed up the score as usual again.) Maybe they aren’t such a slouch after all? 

Maybe, but we're still talking about a team from a non-power state that has three in-state losses, and specific the subject of Arizona we're talking about a team that lost to a two-loss squad that lost to that three-loss team from a non-power state.  It boils down to this for me-any ranking of Saguaro is being done less because of who they've beat but rather 1) who they've lost to; and 2) how they beat the teams they do beat (which are unequivocally not very good).  I don't agree with that.

Saguaro's best win on the year is over Chaparral, a team that lost to a 3-3 Boulder Creek squad.  Their next best win happened last night versus Desert Edge, a team that just moved down from 5A after a 7-4 season that included a 49-0 loss to state champ Centennial and a 49-7 loss to runner-up Notre Dame (to be fair, that Notre Dame loss was in the playoffs; early in the year Edge did fall in overtime to NDP).  The Scorpions (Desert Edge) actually didn't have a bad showing-they held an early lead before Saguaro rallied to take control without truly putting away the upstarts (Saguaro won 38-21)-again, not a bad night for a team starting a frosh quarterback and who's best college prospect is a sophomore.  Earlier in the year Desert Edge played Saguaro's opponent from the 2017 4A state title game (Salpointe) and fell 28-21.  Why is that relevant?  Because when a team that was merely just a team as a 5A squad moves down a division and is giving the top two programs in that division fits with a young squad it illustrates the difference between what teams like Chandler and Centennial are doing in 6A/5A versus what Saguaro is doing in 4A.  As dominant as Saguaro is that dominance needs to be put in context.

On 9/27/2018 at 10:43 PM, 954gator said:

I'd take Columbia over Wekiva FWIW.   

I'll ride the train with you on Columbia. Their schedule may hurt them in the playoffs, but I can see them taking it the distance with a very good Lakeland. STA will be another big hill to climb too. Wouldn't be surprised if they do to STA what they did to IMG though. They could surprise everyone and win it all. Lord help us if they do though, cause CFan will be here for months/years telling us and how good they are and are going to be next year too.

I'll give ColumbiaFan the high five and wish Columbia a state title, it's been many a years I believe.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'll ride the train with you on Columbia. Their schedule may hurt them in the playoffs, but I can see them taking it the distance with a very good Lakeland. STA will be another big hill to climb too. Wouldn't be surprised if they do to STA what they did to IMG though. They could surprise everyone and win it all. Lord help us if they do though, cause CFan will be here for months/years telling us and how good they are and are going to be next year too.

I'll give ColumbiaFan the high five and wish Columbia a state title, it's been many a years I believe.

Honestly if you compare schedules Columbia has a much better Schedule then Lakeland and that may actually hurt Lakeland if they play Columbia but honestly i was thinking something 

Don't sleep on viera in region 2 yet,  yes they started slow and have some losses but we have seen this story before,  they may make final 4

Also i do think Columbia beats Lakeland if they play in Lake City but sta is a different animal but based on what i seen i wouldn't write Columbia off in that game

Odds would definitely be against Columbia but it wouldn't be the biggest upset in state history