The Supreme Court’s Legitimacy Crisis

RedZone

Uh, I guess the author forgot that the legislature is decided by the majority and makes laws based upon the will of the people, ie representative democracy.

the courts decide if said laws adhere to the constitution, which should never even be political. It is sad that the Supreme Court has become political. In all fairness the judges of the court should be strict constitutionalist, but that can’t happen in our hyper partisanship

One of the funniest thing I seen this weekend was 2 liberal kooky justices who Obama appointed were talking about the concern for the legitimacy of the court if Kavanaugh is confirmed. Because it will shift conservative. 

Are you fucking kidding me? We have had to deal with these liberal ass justices for so long and now that the court shifts a little conservative NOW there's an issue? 

You cant make this up. And it's funny when you hear about Ruth Ginsberg being such a great justice and Hollywood drooling over her when she is the most liberal judge in history. 

Like I said before. You left wing whackos had your time with Obama. He elected 2 left wing judges and a slew of lower court judges screwing up the justice system. Conservatives have earned this time

so quit whining like a pussy 😂

• Like 2

Aforementioned feckless cunts really need to take some time and attend a basic civics class.

Our nation is a constitutional republic. It is not ruled by the mob. Especially ones dressed as vaginas with muffin top physiques.

I'd note that the Feckless Cunt Patrol had no issue when a solidly unpopular Obamacare was shoved down our throats on a purely partisan vote.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ron169 said:

the courts decide if said laws adhere to the constitution, which should never even be political. It is sad that the Supreme Court has become political. In all fairness the judges of the court should be strict constitutionalist, but that can’t happen in our hyper partisanship

There is NO Constitution any longer.....

#joke

The S.C. will forever be scared by a Justice who was shown to be partisan by his words and demonstrated he didn't have the temperament to handle the job...I guess that's why he had to issue a public apology for his unprofessional behavior...SAD..and on to issues that started this B.S...he was an innocent virgin who thought the Devil's Triangle is a drinking game and never did stupid shit when he was drunk??..there's a lot of claims to the contrary....the FBI "investigation" that ignored 40+ people with info. on the Judge and didn't interview the 2 subjects of the investigation was looked upon as a B.S. investigation limited in it's scope to get him in....so he gets in on party line votes and squeaks in by 2 votes...he received the lowest amounts of votes in modern history...sad..he's a black-eye to the court and this nation...🤕

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

The S.C. will forever be scared by a Justice who was shown to be partisan by his words and demonstrated he didn't have the temperament to handle the job...I guess that's why he had to issue a public apology for his unprofessional behavior...SAD..and on to issues that started this B.S...he was an innocent virgin who thought the Devil's Triangle is a drinking game and never did stupid shit when he was drunk??..there's a lot of claims to the contrary....the FBI "investigation" that ignored 40+ people with info. on the Judge and didn't interview the 2 subjects of the investigation was looked upon as a B.S. investigation limited in it's scope to get him in....so he gets in on party line votes and squeaks in by 2 votes...he received the lowest amounts of votes in modern history...sad..he's a black-eye to the court and this nation...🤕

The modern leftist mind is truly a thing to behold.

The four closest votes - by far - for SCOTUS justices were all Republican appointees. Why?  Because Democrats no longer go by qualifications and whether or not the nominee is within the judicial mainstream.  They go by ideology. Purely.

If the nominee is not a "living document" leftist, then by default the nominee is a nazi/racist/misogynist... fill in the blank.  It is only worse now that appointments to SCOTUS are re-establishing a court that takes the constitution seriously and as it was written and intended.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, concha said:

The modern leftist mind is truly a thing to behold.

The four closest votes - by far - for SCOTUS justices were all Republican appointees. Why?  Because Democrats no longer go by qualifications and whether or not the nominee is within the judicial mainstream.  They go by ideology. Purely.

If the nominee is not a "living document" leftist, then by default the nominee is a nazi/racist/misogynist... fill in the blank.  It is only worse now that appointments to SCOTUS are re-establishing a court that takes the constitution seriously and as it was written and intended.

It’s sad and it passes me off. It’s all about political gain for these clowns. Forget principle and law and order. I despise the term “living document”. No the f*** it’s not.

2 hours ago, ron169 said:

Uh, I guess the author forgot that the legislature is decided by the majority and makes laws based upon the will of the people, ie representative democracy.

If you go look at BK decision they have been nonpartisan 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

If you go look at BK decision they have been nonpartisan 

As you know, all of this has absolutely nothing to do with Justice Kavanaugh’s ability to do his job. Justice Kavanaugh is one of the most qualified nominees that we’ve seen in a long time.

What’s also interesting is that the left could care less that the Beast had seemingly 100s of controversial issues hanging over her head, but yet they still claimed that she was still “the most qualified candidate ever”. Hypocrites🙄

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

As you know, all of this has absolutely nothing to do with Justice Kavanaugh’s ability to do his job. Justice Kavanaugh is one of the most qualified nominees that we’ve seen in a long time.

What’s also interesting is that the left could care less that the Beast had seemingly 100s of controversial issues hanging over her head, but yet they still claimed that she was still “the most qualified candidate ever”. Hypocrites🙄

Of course. As you saw I'm sure ford wont even continue the action against Bk. Well no shit it's because she has nothing and the female prosecutor even said I wouldnt prosecute this case. There are too many holes to the story and too much lacking evidence. It's a whole charade and I hope every Republican comes out in November 

• Like 1