What up Texas?

DevilDog

West Brook got a high level transfer at QB. Kid is only a sophomore and getting offers from Texas A&M and other D1 schools. 

West Brook vs Houston Lamar might be worth going to (for me) since it's a home game for WB. This is assuming we ain't underwater by then, of course. Maybe, just maybe, they can stop sucking and learn to play some defense.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Season starts this Thursday.  I know of a few quality games, please add others: 

Guyer v heath (NFHS network)

north shore v woodlands (NFHS network )

Martin v LT (espnu)

Thinking about going straight to the Guyer game after work since I'm literally down the street.

Speaking of LT...Rumor is they might be building another high school there?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Thinking about going straight to the Guyer game after work since I'm literally down the street.

Speaking of LT...Rumor is they might be building another high school there?

I’m curious on how Guyer looks. I’ve heard two opposite opinions on them (specifically the OL) 

yep, HS #2 is on the ballot. 

5 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

I'm scared they'd somehow get upset within the 1st 2 rounds...

If they somehow manage to do that, they're getting really close to Manvel territory.

And the new OB in town for Beaumont West Brook is Roy Thomas Jenkins in case anyone was wondering. Needs to get his weight up a bit at 6`3 and 175, but that should be easily doable.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Top 5 in order.

1. Dville vs SOC hottest ticket.

These might be the two best defenses in the Dallas area, with Duncanville led by MaxPreps junior All-Americans Colin Simmons (a defensive lineman) and Ka’Davion Dotson-Walker (a defensive back) and South Oak Cliff featuring five area top-100 recruits on defense, including cornerbacks Malik Muhammad (committed to Texas) and Jayvon Thomas (committed to Texas A&M) and defensive lineman Billy Walton (committed to Texas). That SOC defense will have to contend with Duncanville four-star running back Caden Durham and first-team MaxPreps sophomore All-American Dakorien Moore, a wide receiver.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Top 5 in order.

1. Dville vs SOC hottest ticket.

These might be the two best defenses in the Dallas area, with Duncanville led by MaxPreps junior All-Americans Colin Simmons (a defensive lineman) and Ka’Davion Dotson-Walker (a defensive back) and South Oak Cliff featuring five area top-100 recruits on defense, including cornerbacks Malik Muhammad (committed to Texas) and Jayvon Thomas (committed to Texas A&M) and defensive lineman Billy Walton (committed to Texas). That SOC defense will have to contend with Duncanville four-star running back Caden Durham and first-team MaxPreps sophomore All-American Dakorien Moore, a wide receiver.

Can’t wait to see this one! 

• Like 1

#2.  St. John Bosco (Calif.) at Allen

Where: 7 p.m. Friday at Eagle Stadium

Two of the nation’s best quarterbacks go head-to-head, with four-star Louisville pledge Pierce Clarkson of St. John Bosco battling four-star recruit Michael Hawkins of Allen. Clarkson is rated the 14th-best quarterback in the U.S. in the Class of 2023, and Hawkins is ranked 11th in the Class of 2024. Allen tight end Davon Mitchell is a second-team MaxPreps sophomore All-American and already has offers from Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M. St. John Bosco has four of the top 21 recruits in California in five-star defensive lineman Matayo Uiagalelei, four-star wide receiver DeAndre Moore Jr. (committed to Louisville), four-star cornerback Aaron Williams (committed to Louisville) and Clarkson.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

#2.  St. John Bosco (Calif.) at Allen

Where: 7 p.m. Friday at Eagle Stadium

Two of the nation’s best quarterbacks go head-to-head, with four-star Louisville pledge Pierce Clarkson of St. John Bosco battling four-star recruit Michael Hawkins of Allen. Clarkson is rated the 14th-best quarterback in the U.S. in the Class of 2023, and Hawkins is ranked 11th in the Class of 2024. Allen tight end Davon Mitchell is a second-team MaxPreps sophomore All-American and already has offers from Alabama, LSU, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Texas and Texas A&M. St. John Bosco has four of the top 21 recruits in California in five-star defensive lineman Matayo Uiagalelei, four-star wide receiver DeAndre Moore Jr. (committed to Louisville), four-star cornerback Aaron Williams (committed to Louisville) and Clarkson.

So did Louisville stop recruiting Florida and focus on Cali?

Gotta love "packaged deals."

#3. Highest ranked Private vs. Public Powerhouse in Texas History. Bigger than Dunne vs  Desoto.  This Private is stocked and will play other Texas elite Publics. If not SJB vs. Allen I would be here.

Aledo at Parish Episcopal

Where: 7 p.m. Friday at Gloria Snyder Stadium

Perhaps the best public school vs. private school matchup the state has seen in a long time. Aledo holds the UIL state record with 10 state championships, while Parish Episcopal has won three consecutive TAPPS Division I state titles and has five state championships in the last 12 years. There will be plenty of elite defensive players in this game, with Aledo four-star junior cornerback Jaden Allen (committed to Texas) and Parish Episcopal three-star defensive end/outside linebacker Tre Williams (24.5 tackles for loss), three-star safety Daniel Demery (committed to Ole Miss) and four-star defensive lineman Caleb Mitchell Irving (a transfer from DeSoto). Aledo has won 95% of its games over the last seven seasons, going 99-5 with four state titles.

• Like 2

#4. College Station vs. Lovejoy

Where: 7 p.m. Saturday at Allen’s Eagle Stadium

Two explosive offenses clash in a matchup of state-title contenders — College Station in 5A Division I and Lovejoy in 5A Division II. Running back Marquise Collins, committed to Duke, ran for 2,826 yards and 39 touchdowns last year for Class 5A Division I state runner-up College Station. Lovejoy returns 10 offensive starters from a 12-2 regional finalist team, including quarterback Alexander Franklin (3,257 yards, 50 touchdowns) and his top three wide receivers — SMU pledge Jaxson Lavender (1,161 yards, 15 touchdowns), Parker Livingstone (966 yards, 16 touchdowns) and LSU pledge Kyle Parker (790 yards, 11 touchdowns). Lavender ran a 10.72 100 meters in track in the spring, Parker has run 10.89 in the 100 and Livingstone has run 21.69 in the 200.

• Like 2

#5. Melissa at Argyle
Where: 7:30 p.m. Friday at Eagle Stadium

These two former Class 4A powerhouses both moved up to Class 5A Division II in realignment. Melissa won last year’s meeting 21-0, while Argyle beat Melissa 48-28 in 2020 en route to winning the 4A Division I state title. Keep an eye on two elite defensive linemen — Nebraska pledge Riley Van Poppel for Argyle and four-star recruit Nigel Smith II of Melissa. Smith is rated the third-best defensive lineman in the nation in the Class of 2024.

• Like 2

On 8/22/2022 at 5:25 PM, Horsefly said:

Season starts this Thursday.  I know of a few quality games, please add others: 

Guyer v heath (NFHS network)

north shore v woodlands (NFHS network )

Martin v LT (espnu)

The North Shore vs. Woodlands game is supposed to be live streamed through the GPISD Youtube page as well. Free to view.

• Thanks 2