What up Texas?

DevilDog

Texas 6A has plenty top 20 matchups in Week #1.

#1. Westlake vs #17 Fort Bend Ridge Point Panthers

#2 North Sore vs. #18 The Woodlands

#4 Duncanville vs #1 5ADII SOC

#7 Lake Travis vs #15 Arlington Martin

#11 Atascocita vs #19 Dickinson

#12 Brennan vs #16 Cibolo Steele

#13 Allen vs #1 National SJB

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I see you’re picking woodlands for that one. 

Yes, If there is anything I have learned about The Woodlands is that they have this tendency to be dangerously good preseason. 

They consistently like to play Katy close, and for me, I just can’t look past that and with this not being the ‘18 - ‘20 North Shore anymore, I feel a battle tested team like The Woodlands could maybe keep up with them.

I have a feeling The Woodlands could make this an interesting game

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Champa said:

I remember The Woodlands kicking the crap out of Katy one year in pre district. Katy went on to win a state title that year. They're capable. Still, I'm taking North Shore 28 - 21.

I’ve seen clips of north shore, they look pretty good n their fans are very optimistic. I’m taking them too in a close one 

• Like 1

We don't have State Taxes.  I wonder since those kids are getting paid and if they received payment in another State would they have to pay Taxes like anyone else earning income.  So Allen will be the 1st HS to play a professional HS Football team. 🤘

Players for St. John Bosco (Calif.) — Allen’s Week 1 opponent — to profit off of NIL deal

When Allen opens its football season Friday at its palatial $59.6 million Eagle Stadium, the five-time state champion won’t just be playing the No. 1 team in the nation.

Allen will be facing a group of teenagers from St. John Bosco (Calif.) who just got paid for their name, image and likeness.

The Los Angeles Times reported that St. John Bosco players who choose to participate will receive compensation for posting personal experiences on social media accounts using the KONGiQ Sports Performance System and also on the KONGiQ App. KONGiQ is based in Dallas and focuses on sports performance, equipment and wireless technology for college and high school sports programs.

It’s believed to be the first team-wide NIL deal at the high school level.

The deal is believed to be $400 for each player who participates, starting with a $200 payment that will be delivered Thursday, according to the Times. In all, 70 players have signed on to endorse the company, MaxPreps reported.

“Not one parent has reached out to us with concerns or questions as to what this is about. The way they’re approaching it is that it’s a small job,” St. John Bosco coach Jason Negro told USA Today. “The kids are being paid for a service to be an influencer and talk about it in a positive light. They’re not getting rich off it, but this isn’t a gimmick. It’s basic and straightforward.”

Players are allowed to be compensated under state rules as long as there is no recognition of the student’s school, school logos, uniforms or insignias, according to the Times. Neither the school nor the football program is part of any NIL agreement, and the sports performance company is entering into individual agreements.

Profiting off of NIL deals is allowed at the college level, but only 17 states allow their high school student-athletes to participate in NIL, according to MaxPreps. Texas is not one of those.

22 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

We don't have State Taxes.  I wonder since those kids are getting paid and if they received payment in another State would they have to pay Taxes like anyone else earning income.  So Allen will be the 1st HS to play a professional HS Football team. 🤘

Players for St. John Bosco (Calif.) — Allen’s Week 1 opponent — to profit off of NIL deal

When Allen opens its football season Friday at its palatial $59.6 million Eagle Stadium, the five-time state champion won’t just be playing the No. 1 team in the nation.

Allen will be facing a group of teenagers from St. John Bosco (Calif.) who just got paid for their name, image and likeness.

The Los Angeles Times reported that St. John Bosco players who choose to participate will receive compensation for posting personal experiences on social media accounts using the KONGiQ Sports Performance System and also on the KONGiQ App. KONGiQ is based in Dallas and focuses on sports performance, equipment and wireless technology for college and high school sports programs.

It’s believed to be the first team-wide NIL deal at the high school level.

The deal is believed to be $400 for each player who participates, starting with a $200 payment that will be delivered Thursday, according to the Times. In all, 70 players have signed on to endorse the company, MaxPreps reported.

“Not one parent has reached out to us with concerns or questions as to what this is about. The way they’re approaching it is that it’s a small job,” St. John Bosco coach Jason Negro told USA Today. “The kids are being paid for a service to be an influencer and talk about it in a positive light. They’re not getting rich off it, but this isn’t a gimmick. It’s basic and straightforward.”

Players are allowed to be compensated under state rules as long as there is no recognition of the student’s school, school logos, uniforms or insignias, according to the Times. Neither the school nor the football program is part of any NIL agreement, and the sports performance company is entering into individual agreements.

Profiting off of NIL deals is allowed at the college level, but only 17 states allow their high school student-athletes to participate in NIL, according to MaxPreps. Texas is not one of those.

They'd probably take that $35.36 up front.

As for the social media thing...I'm assuming a workout video of some sort?

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Hope thang hang 60+ on St. Aug.  TX has beaten the hell out of these New Orleans type teams with lesser teams.  Weve seen nothing out of  Warren Easton and Karr. Would be surprised if Desoto doesnt light their asses up.  

Those 2 NOLA teams combined lost 8 games.......

..the word "context" has NOT yet made the Knotty Bowl dictionary yet.

Enjoy the game and drama though.....probably the best game in Texas this Friday...

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Those 2 NOLA teams combined lost 8 games.......

..the word "context" has NOT yet made the Knotty Bowl dictionary yet.

Enjoy the game and drama though.....probably the best game in Texas this Friday...

This guy is mad that he got beat out for grand wizard of his chapter. Just another loss in a long line of ‘em. 

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Chilllll. That game probably isn't top 15 in Texas this weekend. But it is the Game of the Year for Louisiana. But of course, next week you'll be saying it didn't count because it was just a jamboree.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Only you believe that, wickedson.

I believe it too. There are at least 15 more even and competitive games in Texas this week. And it is the Super Bowl for Louisiana. Remember there are only 2 OOS games with a pulse this year. And they will lose both. Desoto is gonna put the hurt on them and Red Flag is gonna be in spin cycle mode 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Desoto’s 4x100 A team is likely in Oregon…  Univ of Oregon visit @DevilDog?   Would be sweet to see them have a rip the day after the scrimmage and before the flight home.  😊

That's a fast Track.  They would rip.  They have a beast of a WR.  Coach Mathis has said no one in the country can man up on him.   They have a new DC as well.  He's confident about his team.  7 on 7 State Champs.  Desoto speed is Nationally renowned