SJC vs. Good Counsel on ESPN 2 @7:00pm EST

BigDrop

11 hours ago, WCACguy said:

Two good matchups...I'll take SJC and DeMatha.

Agreed!  SJC just has too many weapons and is way too battle tested this season to drop this game.  Dematha coming off a bye week and having some of the starting Offensive line back to block for a rested Marshawn Lloyd will be a very interesting game.

It should of been a turnover 100%. There should of been a person foul on SJC on the first big run also. The SJC kid punched the GC RB in the head after the whistle directly in front of a referee. I knew then that this crew wasn’t ready for the ESPN lights(Yes, ESPN usually brings their own lighting). Looks like they’ve settled in after that first drive, so I’m not complaining. It’s part of the game. 

Both these teams are very athletic and seem evenly matched.   If GC would have just connected on that deep ball right now they would be tied up right now.

Surprised SJC doesn’t air it out more with Joe Casamento at the helm.  He coached at Christian Brothers Academy in Syracuse NY for 17 years, and regularly had air raid offensive teams, most notably when they won a “State” Championship in 04 with Greg Paulus at QB.  Paulus passed for almost 12,000 yards in his varsity football career.

http://highschoolsports.syracuse.com/news/article/7982185549533019848/football-coach-joe-casamento-leaving-cba-for-job-with-school-in-washington-dc/

7 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

This one will get ugly if GC keeps fading like this.  Will end up a big blowout.  They have all the air taken out of them in the second half

GC has the uglies to keep the LOS at least a stalemate against just about anyone, but are a little stale on O.   They will kill you if you can't stop their run game though.   Which most won't be able to.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigBobT said:

They had to convert a 4th down as well. I don't consider needing a blown ref call and a 4th down conversion an easy drive.

Then you wouldn’t have thought BC had a single easy drive against Grayson. They were in 3rd and 4th downs all game hoss. (PS calm down jersey im not saying, BigBob is (you’re not Belly)

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Who won Zaga game? Thx. 

DeMatha just beat Gonzaga in 3 OT’s. DeMatha DB Hellams(Alabama commit) intercepted a 1v1 ball against the Gonzaga WR Ball(Vanderbilt commit) to give DM a chance to win. DM’s RB Marshawn Lloyd took it in for a TD to win on the next play. 

The refs were horrible for both teams. The GZ QB is already the best QB in the WCAC as a sophomore. It’s early, but he may be playing on Sundays in the future. Very strong and smart. Arm is great for the 10th grade. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thx! What's your Top 4 now? 

For the WCAC? 

SJC, DM, GC, GZ. The last 3 will move around all season. SJC should make the WCAC final. Anything can happen in that game though.

I’d put SFA in at #2 behind SJC if we’re talking MD/DC. We really won’t know until the Geico game. All we can really say now is they were beating SJP in Philly by a TD in Q3 of game #1. Hopefully next season they will figure out this independent schedule deal. Any clues on that? At least tell me if they’re heading in the right direction.

• Thanks 1