OT: World Series

Bormio

8 minutes ago, On2whls said:

One of the best and worst games ever.  Good pitching, but terrible hitting as well.  How often does a reliever toss up 96 pitches?  Ian Kinsler warming up to be the Bill Buckner reincarnate for Boston lol.  

Great game watched the whole damn thing! Tougher play for Kinsler than Buckner, but good call. Bosox are the better team. Maybe the Dodgers win one more, maybe tonight, but I just think it’s slowing down the inevitable. 

9 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Great game watched the whole damn thing! Tougher play for Kinsler than Buckner, but good call. Bosox are the better team. Maybe the Dodgers win one more, maybe tonight, but I just think it’s slowing down the inevitable. 

Sox may be in more trouble than you think though.  The pitching is in a really tough spot right now.  They will have to hit their way out of today or tomorrows game.

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Sox may be in more trouble than you think though.  The pitching is in a really tough spot right now.  They will have to hit their way out of today or tomorrows game.

Dodgers are a mess too.  Rich Hill ain’t going 7 innings (or likely even 5).  And all their best relievers pitched 2 innings last night.  Barnes, Kelly and Brasier pitched only one inning each.

51 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Dodgers are a mess too.  Rich Hill ain’t going 7 innings (or likely even 5).  And all their best relievers pitched 2 innings last night.  Barnes, Kelly and Brasier pitched only one inning each.

What is not a mess is the Dodger HR and throw out at home victory highlights will live in perpetuity. Long after all reading this is gone and dust.

2 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

What is not a mess is the Dodger HR and throw out at home victory highlights will live in perpetuity. Long after all reading this is gone and dust.

They will be special if the Dodgers win - but will be bittersweet if they don’t.  See Fisk’s HR in the ‘75 WS.

And trust me, if the Sox win, Eovaldi’s performance will never be forgotten.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

yeah but it was off line.. and the 3b coach was dumb to send the guy on that .. Strong arm bailed him out of a off line throw,, but to me it was more about a dumb coach testing him on a fairly shallow ball that he had a running start in on  I made that throw a hundred times lol

You go on that in that situation.  Make ‘em make the play.  Kinsler got a poor jump.  You don’t wait for the 2 out hit.

3 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

yeah but it was off line.. and the 3b coach was dumb to send the guy on that .. Strong arm bailed him out of a off line throw,, but to me it was more about a dumb coach testing him on a fairly shallow ball that he had a running start in on  I made that throw a hundred times lol

Big pressure situation for the CF

Just now, Bormio said:

You go on that in that situation.  Make ‘em make the play.  Kinsler got a poor jump.  You don’t wait for the 2 out hit.

Poor slide imo too.

2 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

If he dove in he would be safe.. but the players aren't gritty like that anymore..Dont wanna get hurt lol     hell I was always diving in ..even dove into first for no reason other than I just like diving in  Liked the dirt getting on me and running down my chest lol ok that sounds weird but you know what I mean.. Clean uniform guys were pansies

I hear ya.  Were you a catcher?