Where in the world is LiberalDonaldTrump?

SJR89

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 7:24 AM, zulu1128 said:

Less than surprising that HGI would foist himself up on the cross yet again over the "stress" of being a mod. 

Easy fix...let someone else do it. 

In your race to be a prick, you totally miss the point. Not surprising that you'd choose to be prickish over catching the point of the post. :D

Easy fix...put your disdain for me aside and don't be a prick, then the point may become more evident. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In your race to be a prick, you totally miss the point. Not surprising that you'd choose to be prickish over catching the point of the post. :D

Easy fix...put your disdain for me aside and don't be a prick, then the point may become more evident. 

I don’t have any “disdain” for you. That’s the cross talking again. 

I think you’re a perfectly fine fellow, who for whatever reason, seems to struggle with the difficult decisions that come with the job. Happens to plenty of people. Most people go out and find a job that they’re better suited for...others play the “poor me” card. To each his own, I guess. 

If the “point” of your diatribe wasn’t “gosh this job is so hard,” then your writing skills could use some polish. 

Sorry for the tough love. Carry on. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

I don’t have any “disdain” for you. That’s the cross talking again. 

I think you’re a perfectly fine fellow, who for whatever reason, seems to struggle with the difficult decisions that come with the job. Happens to plenty of people. Most people go out and find a job that they’re better suited for...others play the “poor me” card. To each his own, I guess. 

If the “point” of your diatribe wasn’t “gosh this job is so hard,” then your writing skills could use some polish. 

Sorry for the tough love. Carry on. 

Nah. I just realize that each time someone is removed, the dynamics of the board change, and not always for the better. 

I prefer to think "poor site" than the "poor me" that you are suggesting. If you are reading it as "poor me," you really need to adjust the angle you are viewing from.

The hope when banning someone is not only that it curbs their behavior, but, that of others as they become aware that certain behavior leads to that. When others continue to display the same behavior even after banning a member(subsequently changing the dynamics of the site) then the entire reason for banning the member is a waste, or, a slippery slope where numerous members end up banned (hence totally changing the board dynamic more than a little.) 

Appreciate your second prickish reply due to inability to understand the point of my posts in this thread though. Carry on your own self.

Is that 20 posts for you on the Varsity Board this season yet? 

xD

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah. I just realize that each time someone is removed, the dynamics of the board change, and not always for the better. 

I prefer to think "poor site" than the "poor me" that you are suggesting. If you are reading it as "poor me," you really need to adjust the angle you are viewing from.

The hope when banning someone is not only that it curbs their behavior, but, that of others as they become aware that certain behavior leads to that. When others continue to display the same behavior even after banning a member(sunsequently changing the dynamics of the site) then the entire reason for banning the member is a waste, or, a slippery slope where numerous members end up banned (hence totally changing the board dynamic more than a little.) 

Appreciate your second prickish reply due to inability to understand the point of my posts in this thread though. Carry on your own self.

Is that 20 posts for you on the Varsity Board this season yet? 

xD

Pretty sure I'm between 150-200 or so...why do you ask?

Sorry a little constructive criticism makes you so mad. Another great trait for a mod to have. xD

That said, I wish you nothing but good fortune in your quest to "manage the dynamics" of the board. 

• Haha 1

On 10/25/2018 at 6:26 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I can solve a few mysteries in this thread. 

As to the OP. I gave LDT a time out for 48 hours a couple of weeks ago, after having warned him for various issues a few times. Everything from calling Sportsnut "Darkie" to foul language, gay slurs and  just outright trolling constantly. That 48 hour ban was issued on a Thursday evening and was over by Sunday, but, he never returned. 

• Haha 1

I'm not in the corner of Banning anyone... I totally understand it is a Football Forum, and don't mind a little off topic jib occasionally. I also agree that off topic belongs on the off topic board.

Rab and Rufus are gifted personalities, I enjoyed reading their humor and wit. I can understand being offended by Rabs close encounters to racism, but to be honest, I can see a little racism in a lot of posters even thought they don't speak the language.  America is about freedom's, and speech is a big one. When you shut off a person's right to be heard then you're hurting yourself as much as anyone. Banning should not be the answer.  

To those that have been banned... Hopefully you can abide by the rules of the form if you are allowed back. Life is easier if you follow the rules. Say what you mean, but check yourself before you hit the enter key.

• Like 1

Personally, theres nothing anyone can say that'll "offend" me. I get that some people do get offended when people bring up race & what not though. Some too easily. I dont understand it, but maybe thats because Im a white guy and simply dont care what anyone says because people are usually FOS anyway. The sensitive ones are usually the most hypocritical.

Rab does tends to go too far for being on a HSFB message board. Let it continue & the board will degenerate into nothing but bickering and racism over time.

As far as Rufus leaving because another poster was banned... Thats on him. Cant blame anyone for that, he made that choice... And you definitely cant give in to banning someone that deserves it to keep someone that threatens to leave if you do. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Rufus was all about the "Colquitt's"...24/7

He will find a landing spot.........

.....rab will struggle wherever he ends up. "he's not quite right in the head"

But I will give him this, though, he was honest unlike some of the more politically minded on the off topic board. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm not in the corner of Banning anyone.

America is about freedom's, and speech is a big one. When you shut off a person's right to be heard then you're hurting yourself as much as anyone. Banning should not be the answer.  

Well, no one should really be in the corner of banning anyone. However, our options as mods are limited to just a few choices. 

I can set up someone's posting to be hidden until a mod approves it. I have used that method in the past, and personally, I'm not gonna do that. It's a sickish feeling having to read a user's content (all of it they post) and then pick and choose what is allowed and not allowed. Fuck that.

So the other choices are admonishment and banning. 

Admonishment tends to get a lot of bullshit lip back and forth, so that leaves banning. 

There we are. Banning as the only sensible choice from my p.o.v. 

As for the last part, of course we are free to do a lot of stuff. Still there is guidelines for here just like there is d.u.i. laws out in the real world. Just because we intend on keeping certain activities and behaviors off of this site, doesn't mean a user can't go off to GAB and spout what ever they want. I suggest a few do just that actually. Just learn how to keep GAB over at GAB, OT over on the OT board and the Varsity Board will do fine. 

We aren't telling anyone that they can't be a racist or use racist language or talk politics. What we are saying is put that stuff where it belongs. It certainly doesn't belong on the Varsity Board.  After a couple of warnings about it, my patience is done whether I like the member or not. 

Pretty simple really.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Damn good site. 

Learned a lot, still learning. 

Really, really enjoying the Q and A... got called away on the second half, well done Prep and those involved especially GSB. (Not knowing all who’s involved, any omission purely unintentional).

As far as LDT and Rufus, it’s on them... staying away being pouty demonstrates weakness. 

Rab is just a hard, honest dude who seems to think rules and social decorum doesn’t apply to him. 

My two cents,

BGW

• Like 1