I predict right now NG wins toss in 3rd round.

HooverOutlaw

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If I was Colquitt I would send someone to witness the coin flip. Mayor or Sheriff.

They may use the famous Gwinnett 2 headed coin.

Not even sure they actually flip anymore. They all huddle together and say "screw Colquitt" and then just say they flipped a coin and some other person witnessed it and Colquitt lost the toss. 

xD

It's just the way it is for us down here. They hate us because we're beautiful. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If I was Colquitt I would send someone to witness the coin flip. Mayor or Sheriff.

They may use the famous Gwinnett 2 headed coin.

They don't coin toss for individual games.  It's done at GHSA and one toss covers all.  It is on video.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

Can you explain this a bit further? I always pictured the two coaches meet up in a central location Friday night lights style. 

They did do it that way in the past. Two head coaches and a GHSA official meeting at a Waffle House in central Georgia somewhere at 3 A.M. after both teams won their game.

A few years back they decided instead of flipping a coin, it was easier to flip off south Georgia and do like Hoover Outlaw says. Make multiple flips until they got what they want and edit the rest out.

xD

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I'm assuming the alabama state playoffs don't entertain you, correct?

We don't do coin flips it's already known before it starts based on travel. The AHSAA makes it fair instead of saying screw anything 50 miles outside of Atlanta. Plus if we have a bucket snow fall we play . Even though we don't have a 2 billion dollar dome to play in.  Our teams don't travel twice to play 1 game. Then get lied to about playing a dome.

Don't be mad at me the GHSA is dirty and clueless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They did do it that way in the past. Two head coaches and a GHSA official meeting at a Waffle House in central Georgia somewhere at 3 A.M. after both teams won their game.

A few years back they decided instead of flipping a coin, it was easier to flip off south Georgia and do like Hoover Outlaw says. Make multiple flips until they got what they want and edit the rest out.

xD

funny you say that; I think I remember this happening back in the 90's and Northside Eagles or WR Demons were involved at the Waffle House in WR off I-75.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

xD

No you didn’t! Taking up the “Rab” mantle with a pg rating. 

🤣🤣🤣

BGW

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

We don't do coin flips it's already known before it starts based on travel. The AHSAA makes it fair instead of saying screw anything 50 miles outside of Atlanta. Plus if we have a bucket snow fall we play . Even though we don't have a 2 billion dollar dome to play in.  Our teams don't travel twice to play 1 game. Then get lied to about playing a dome.

But Governor Bentley and that LEO are as pristine as Christmas snow in Canada, huh?

Good ol Alabama politics with bible in hand. 

Fucking hypocrite 

BGW

6 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Okay? So why are you worried about the GHSA playoffs when your favorite team is Hoover????? 

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I'm paid to worried about the GHSA by tax payers dollars.

Sounds like the alabama state playoffs don't entertain you, so you concern yourself with Georgia HSFB because you have nothing else better to do, but hey, if that what helps you sleep at night, then do it. The constant ass kissing that you do is vexing tho. 

38 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Sounds like the alabama state playoffs don't entertain you, so you concern yourself with Georgia HSFB because you have nothing else better to do, but hey, if that what helps you sleep at night, then do it. The constant ass kissing that you do is vexing tho. 

To be fair 

Hoover runs the damn state with little to oppose them.... 

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

To be fair 

Hoover runs the damn state with little to oppose them.... 

While that may be true, it still doesn't mean that the guy should have slanted views about GHSA and Gwinnett county teams in order to appease a certain crowd on here. Like seriously, I'm willing to bet that GHSA doesn't directly affect him to the point where there's constant bitching and moaning......especially since he's an alabama resident. 

On 11/6/2018 at 5:23 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

Not even sure they actually flip anymore. They all huddle together and say "screw Colquitt" and then just say they flipped a coin and some other person witnessed it and Colquitt lost the toss. 

xD

It's just the way it is for us down here. They hate us because we're beautiful. 

I know the feeling.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2018 at 1:08 PM, ATLien12x said:

Can you explain this a bit further? I always pictured the two coaches meet up in a central location Friday night lights style. 

It changed a few years ago.  They did used to meet.  I saw the coin toss between Colquitt and Grayson in the parking lot of the King Frog in Adele after we smoked Valdosta in the quarters in 2010.  They changed it to cut down on the driving back and forth on Saturday mornings after the Friday night games as the contests between North and South and East and West GA often involved a half day of driving back and forth.  I've heard but haven't seen a link that there is a video feed for everyone to watch as it is live streamed.

Here are the official rules from the White Book.

Page 62 of the GHSA Constitution, Section A.1. - In ALL Rounds except the Finals, the higher-seeded team will host. In the Quarterfinal Round, if both teams have the same seeding, a “universal” GHSA coin flip (see By-Law 4.39), will determine the host site.

4.39 Universal Coin Flip

: The GHSA office will conduct one “universal” coin flip prior to the Quarterfinal round and again prior to the Semifinal round in all sports to determine the designated home team in all classifications where equal-seeded teams are meeting in that round. This flip will determine whether the top or bottom of the bracket in all such cases would be the host team (subject to other hosting requirements as specified by the GHSA by-laws for each respective sport).

• Thanks 1