MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

7 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

See below. If your going to go off the deep end because someone said something not even bad or harsh about a QB, for a team you claim for, there may be some underlying issues there. 

I think Folsom is a really good team. But them being good doesn’t change the facts.👍

1 minute ago, TheHotisBlock said:

LOL I give my opinion. You freak out and accuse me of trolling, while trolling yourself. Then proceed to tell me not to give my opinion. 

BTW- Found a highlight you may like since you mentioned or "trolled" by stating Ngata melted down like an ice cube.

Not freaking out at all. Not sure what you’re talking about. I gave you my opinion to counter yours. Not rocket science here. 👍

What the hell are we arguing about? He's a sophomore starting quarterback for a top 10 team in the country. As many on here have said, DLS quarterbacks are relatively interchangeable, but I would suggest that many DLS fans believe he's one of the better ones to come through this program. If you all recall, there were posters saying Fulp would be a starter by midseason. The kid is good and us DLS fans think very highly of him especially since he has two more years to run this offense. 

• Like 4

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

This isn't last year's DLS or last year's MD. This MD has been beaten once,  nearly beaten by another team. There is chinks in that armor. 

I'm no fool, it will take a herculean effort by DLS, but, they are coached well and could be up to the task. 

If I didn't already like you before, I sure as hell like you now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Control the clock and stay away from third and long. Lastly, @15yds4gibberish and @Blueliner hear it from me enough, but how the DLS QB plays will have a huge impact on the outcome. If he is not going upfield on the option, making bad reads and missing receivers, then DLS will not win. If he's flawless, DLS will be victorious. 

Hale is my biggest worry as well. Is he ready for the big stage?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

If you would have asked me through the first quarter and a half of last week's game it would have been a resounding no. I think he will be though. Watched nearly every game this season and the kid is pretty even keeled. He's had his moments, but overall he keeps his cool. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

What the hell are we arguing about? He's a sophomore starting quarterback for a top 10 team in the country. As many on here have said, DLS quarterbacks are relatively interchangeable, but I would suggest that many DLS fans believe he's one of the better ones to come through this program. If you all recall, there were posters saying Fulp would be a starter by midseason. The kid is good and us DLS fans think very highly of him especially since he has two more years to run this offense. 

I’m finished “arguing”, brother. It’s all good. I just know that, like you, I have seen pretty much every qb at DLS since whenever. In my humble opinion it’s Bastinelli, Padilla, Gutierrez, and Hale when I think of the best sophomore QBs at DLS. Those other 3 guys all turned out pretty damn good. I agree, we have reasons to be excited. 👍

• Like 1

Just now, Blueliner said:

I’m finished “arguing”, brother. It’s all good. I just know that, like you, I have seen pretty much every qb at DLS since whenever. In my humble opinion it’s Bastinelli, Padilla, Gutierrez, and Hale when I think of the best sophomore QBs at DLS. Those other 3 guys all turned out pretty damn good. I agree, we have reasons to be excited. 👍

Totally agree with the list. I don't put Gutierrez in the same category as he was not the prototypical model, but I think Hale could be better than Padilla

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

If I didn't already like you before, I sure as hell like you now. 

A lot of it is just believing. If the coaches believe, and the fans believe, the kids will believe. 

I'm sure that the coaches have pointed out this MD team isn't some unbeatable monster. I don't think there have been any DLS coaches or fans telling DLS they are supposed to go to the ship and lose. 

Go down and pop the three stripers in the mouth and play DLS ball on them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This isn't last year's DLS or last year's MD. This MD has been beaten once,  nearly beaten by another team. There are chinks in that armor. 

I'm no fool, it will take a herculean effort by DLS, but, they are coached well and could be up to the task. 

I tell ya what. The DLS seniors know what’s on the line...the first class in a long time not to win state should they lose. They will fight to the death. The effort and coaching will be there for sure. But they may or may not be able to overcome the jimmies and joes disparity. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

A lot of it is just believing. If the coaches believe, and the fans believe, the kids will believe. 

I'm sure that the coaches have pointed out this MD team isn't some unbeatable monster. I don't think there have been any DLS coaches or fans telling DLS they are supposed to go to the ship and lose. 

Go down and pop the three stripers in the mouth and play DLS ball on them. 

F Yeah! We need you as our hype man

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

The coaches and seniors all comment about his ability to stay cool and thatbhea “wise” beyond his years.  He’s already a leader of the team. I watched him on the sidelines after he had the TD called back and then threw that pick in the first against Liberty. He was cool. Not animated. Went back out and handled his business. That’s said....this is th Open against MD. Not Liberty. I feel confident though that he’ll be alright. Not saying they’ll win, but he’ll be alright. 😎

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

How come I type a 3 paragraph thoughtful post with my opinion and get:

(1)Thanks

(2) guys laughing at me

(1) Thumbs down.

You type 10 words and 4 dots, saying something obvious, and get

(5) likes.

This place sucks.

Hey pal. Nobody said that Life in th PrepG is your effin fair🤣👊

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Hate to be the one to burst your bubble... (not really, I kinda enjoy it)

Such delusion.  DLS has absolutely zero chance.  The Stache will completely throttle that offense, and will impose their will offensively.

Playing the weak Nor Cal opponents, and looking good defensively doing so, has given the DLS hopefulls a very false sense of what is going to happen.

He'll do all that and still not get his mustache ruffled. 😀

• Haha 2