MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

naw they good...

And that's the problem, DLS is good. MD is great. 

On a serious note it will come down to execution for DLS to stay in this game.  It's gonna take every player for DLS to do their job and play mistake free football for them to have a chance. And have to find a way to stop Mccoy and Harper. And don't throw to Ricks' side of the field. See that doesn't sound so difficult to do. 🙄   

Are there some underclassmen DLS needs to worry about like McDonald or Hunter? Are they the next great backs coming down the MD pipeline?  

Just now, 1DayPGA said:

And that's the problem, DLS is good. MD is great. 

On a serious note it will come down to execution for DLS to stay in this game.  It's gonna take every player for DLS to do their job and play mistake free football for them to have a chance. And have to find a way to stop Mccoy and Harper. And don't throw to Ricks' side of the field. See that doesn't sound so difficult to do. 🙄   

Are there some underclassmen DLS needs to worry about like McDonald or Hunter? Are they the next great backs coming down the MD pipeline?  

Control the clock and stay away from third and long. Lastly, @15yds4gibberish and @Blueliner hear it from me enough, but how the DLS QB plays will have a huge impact on the outcome. If he is not going upfield on the option, making bad reads and missing receivers, then DLS will not win. If he's flawless, DLS will be victorious. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Control the clock and stay away from third and long. Lastly, @15yds4gibberish and @Blueliner hear it from me enough, but how the DLS QB plays will have a huge impact on the outcome. If he is not going upfield on the option, making bad reads and missing receivers, then DLS will not win. If he's flawless, DLS will be victorious. 

I like your enthusiasm. A lot of press. on the QB and the OL to hold their blocks but if they can sustain their drives and keep the clock moving keeping the Monarchs O. off the field that will be a good thing. After a slow start Hale and rest of the O. started looking sharp against Liberty. He made some nice runs showing good speed. Will need all of that and more come Sat. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Hate to be the one to burst your bubble... (not really, I kinda enjoy it)

Such delusion.  DLS has absolutely zero chance.  The Stache will completely throttle that offense, and will impose their will offensively.

Playing the weak Nor Cal opponents, and looking good defensively doing so, has given the DLS hopefulls a very false sense of what is going to happen.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Such delusion.  DLS has absolutely zero chance.  The Stache will completely throttle that offense, and will impose their will offensively.

Playing the weak Nor Cal opponents, and looking good defensively doing so, has given the DLS hopefulls a very false sense of what is going to happen.

The great thing is....we will find out on Saturday. 

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

DLS could sure use a dose of Thunder (Williams) and Lightning (Callen) this weekend. 

One of the five best games I have ever attended... electric atmosphere and 30k plus crowd... great match-ups. Once MD figured DLS out it got very competitive. 

Hoping this one will be the same even though I think MD will dominate. We need a reason to hang through the 4th Qtr.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

That's exactly what the Stache said 20 yrs ago and we all know what happened. 😉

If DLS plays solid with little or no mistakes it will be competitive, if they don't it won't. Simple as that. 

1 minute ago, 1DayPGA said:

That's exactly what the Stache said 20 yrs ago and we all know what happened. 😉

If DLS plays solid with little or no mistakes it will be competitive, if they don't it won't. Simple as that. 

The Trinity league plays MD solid with little of  no mistakes, and it makes no difference.  DLS will have 3-5 turnovers mainly due to PRESSURE.  These turnovers cannot be spun as mistakes since they happen EVERY TIME DLS plays MD or SJB recently

7 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Ask yourself this can DLS win this game by passing the ball? Because we all know MD is going to stack the box and eventually make Hale throw against their vaunted secondary 

If the passing is third and long in obvious passing downs, then no. If within the confines of the DLS offense then yes as it will keep MD honest. 

12 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Ask yourself this can DLS win this game by passing the ball? Because we all know MD is going to stack the box and eventually make Hale throw against their vaunted secondary 

Last time MD stacked the box like that against DLS the scored ended up 42-0 DLS with a soph. throwing 6 tds but that was another time, another era. Rollo won't make that mistake again. 

10 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

If the passing is third and long in obvious passing downs, then no. If within the confines of the DLS offense then yes as it will keep MD honest. 

I don’t see anything but third and long if the MD defense stacks the box.They want Hale to throw no matter the situation because

1.Thats not want DLS does

2.thier DB

17 minutes ago, Ararar said:

if the MD defense stacks the box

I see your if and counter with my if. DLS had one TD through the air and two called back last Saturday. If they can get MD to play honest, then they can get yards on the ground and put themselves in favorable down and distance to run effective passing plays where their receivers can get separation based on scheme. DLS receivers winning one on one battles will be far and few between. 

1 minute ago, PrepGridiron said:

I see your if and counter with my if. DLS had one TD through the air and two called back last Saturday. If they can get MD to play honest, then they can get yards on the ground and put themselves in favorable down and distance to run effective passing plays where their receivers can get separation based on scheme. DLS receivers winning one on one battles will be far and few between. 

I call....I’ve got MD secondary 

and you have Liberty’s 

i think DLS will hang in there for 2/3 qrt but I don’t see them winning this without a good + on the turnovers 

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Ask yourself this can DLS win this game by passing the ball?

No- and this isn't a troll or a slight.

The problem with DLS needing to throw to win, isn't the concept itself, it is the passing scheme they run. It is extremely basic and about 80 percent of the throws are the same quick throw over the middle to Foskey that works against 99 percent of NorCal teams. I don't think MD gets burned on that one. Take it away and you force DLS to be one dimensional, which won't work against MD for 4 qtrs.

If DLS can somehow establish a passing game (at least to keep them honest as others have stated), they have a punchers chance.