MD 35 - DLS 21 (F)

DLS_Spartan

2 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

No- and this isn't a troll or a slight.

The problem with DLS needing to throw to win, isn't the concept itself, it is the passing scheme they run. It is extremely basic and about 80 percent of the throws are the same quick throw over the middle to Foskey that works against 99 percent of NorCal teams. I don't think MD gets burned on that one. Take it away and you force DLS to be one dimensional, which won't work against MD for 4 qtrs.

If DLS can somehow establish a passing game (at least to keep them honest as others have stated), they have a punchers chance. 

4 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

Control the clock and stay away from third and long. Lastly, @15yds4gibberish and @Blueliner hear it from me enough, but how the DLS QB plays will have a huge impact on the outcome. If he is not going upfield on the option, making bad reads and missing receivers, then DLS will not win. If he's flawless, DLS will be victorious. 

Stop yelling at me, Prep! 🤣

You are dead on, bro. Here’s the thing. I think he can do it. If the OL can hold the line and not succumb to penetration, I think Hale will be able to make good decisions. This is exactly what Sparty has been missing the last 2 years. He will have to play really well and the OL is going to have to play the best game of their lives.

Prep, are we going to meet for the game somewhere? I’ll drive down. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Let me ask you MD guys something. How have/do you make up for loses of Tuihalamaka and Funa? 

Funa was a huge loss but they have adjusted well since they haven’t had him the whole season. They have the transfer Bennet and Ware-Hudson who are 2 huge studs at DT. Ware-Hudson sat out all last year with an injury. At linebacker Davis has been playing great and the rest are doing their role.

the question you should ask is how do they make up for the loss of OT Myles Murao who broke his leg against JSerra. To be honest the offense just has not been the same  without him IMO. Granted they may have played against better defenses but Murao is the biggest loss by far they have had to overcome and the offense has not fully adjusted. Also losing William Nimmo is a pretty big loss for the secondary. They moved Sepoluna from LB to safety and he has played well in this spot.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

I am not sure why you are so high on this kid. He isn't a game changer whatsoever. He can throw "slightly" better than the usual DLS QB, and that's being kind.

I would worry more about him not making mistakes. That is the key. 

Agree with you on most. I don't think he's a gamechanger. Agree him not making mistakes is the key. As for the him being slightly better, when all is said and done, I believe he will be one of the best QB's to run this offense. That doesn't make him a great quarterback, but it makes him a great quarterback for this offense. Given the last two QB's we've had, he is better. 

• Like 4

Just now, PrepGridiron said:

Bennett (ironic a NorCal kid) will be key. If he can get the kind of pressure/push that Tuihalamaka created in last year's game, DLS could be in for a long night. 

MD is much larger at DL this year, all 3 starters are over 300lbs. LB's smaller but much faster then last year. that sucked vs IMG but may help vs the Veer...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

I am not sure why you are so high on this kid. He isn't a game changer whatsoever. He can throw "slightly" better than the usual DLS QB, and that's being kind.

I would worry more about him not making mistakes. That is the key. 

This shows:

a. Your extreme bias of from watching Bennett and Nagata put up video game numbers on midgets. I remember Bennett and Ngata melting down like ice cubes in Texas against the only real team that they played

b. Your extremely lack of knowledge about what makes DLS tick...and what important for them to be successful 

c. Your inability to recognized talent in general unless it is said players from your local team putting up video game numbers against said midgets. Hale is a soph and he’s already getting D1 looks. But what do those scouts know, right?

d. And the most obvious....you’re beginning to troll again. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

This shows:

a. Your extreme bias of from watching Bennett and Nagata put up video game numbers on midgets. I remember Bennett and Ngata melting down like ice cubes in Texas against the only real team that they played

b. Your extremely lack of knowledge about what makes DLS tick...and what important for them to be successful 

c. Your inability to recognized talent in general unless it is said players from your local team putting up video game numbers against said midgets. Hale is a soph and he’s already getting D1 looks. But what do those scouts know, right?

d. And the most obvious....you’re beginning to troll again. 

Accusing someone of trolling while trolling yourself doesn't give you much of a leg to stand on.

And my analysis was spot on. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it not true. 

6 minutes ago, PrepGridiron said:

Agree with you on most. I don't think he's a gamechanger. Agree him not making mistakes is the key. As for the him being slightly better, when all is said and done, I believe he will be one of the best QB's to run this offense. That doesn't make him a great quarterback, but it makes him a great quarterback for this offense. Given the last two QB's we've had, he is better. 

Hale will be a “game changer” when beginning next year. Watching him run, throw, and make decisions compared to the Folsom shows his upside trajectory. We have to remember he’s a soph. He will go down as one of Sparty’s best for sure. But I’m do agree with your points for THiS game. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheHotisBlock said:

Accusing someone of trolling while trolling yourself doesn't give you much of a leg to stand on.

And my analysis was spot on. You may not like it, but that doesn't make it not true. 

How am I trolling? I stated facts. It’s call ed perspective. I’m trying to make an argument that you can relate with. Unless you disagree that Bennett and Ngata didn’t meltdown against the only real team Folsom played this season?

Your analysis is your opinion. Certainly not fact. Just like my speculation of Hale going down as one of DLS’s best is my opinion. But seeing as how, being a fanboy and all (actually I’m a super-fanboy), I’ve seen the best that DLS has to offer. And I know where this kid stands. You’ll get to see his progression up close and personal next season on the blue turf.

4 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

How am I trolling?

See below. If your going to go off the deep end because someone said something not even bad or harsh about a QB, for a team you claim, there may be some underlying issues there. 

15 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I remember Bennett and Ngata melting down like ice cubes in Texas against the only real team that they played

15 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

your local team putting up video game numbers against said midgets.

Not even worth a troll back. Our talent is on full display for two more weeks. 

Enjoy. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheHotisBlock said:

See below. If your going to go off the deep end because someone said something not even bad or harsh about a QB, for a team you claim for, there may be some underlying issues there. 

Not sure what you’re talking about. We’re all entitled dtonour opinions. Perhaps you shouldnt give your opinion if you’re going to get upset if anybody counters your point/claim. 👍