2018 in Review

The Comish

Dear members,

On behalf of The Chief and the Executive Committee, we would like to thank you for a phenomenal 2018 season.  From a membership standpoint, we are up to over 800 screen names and record 17 actual members.

We saw many firsts this year, including a record number of posters being banned, unbanned, and then banned again.  We thank our Mods, especially Hawg who is the  only mod who actually does any mod work.  Our other mods will be reviewed accordingly during the post season. 

We saw a record engagement by the Texas posters, albeit most of the activity came during the last two weeks of their season.  Thank you to the Texas contingent for your presence here on the only true National HS football forum in America.  Also let us extend our congrats to this said group for their first MNC share since the highly controversial 2013 result.  According to our flagship OOS scheduling service, Prepgridiron logistics, Texas will continue their integration with  the rest of the country with a marquee matchup of a Top Texas 6a program with a nationally recognized brand program.  We here at Prepgridiron would like to think that pressure from our members helped to drive the said increased engagement.  Similar to how we drove the Folsom vs DLS series to fruition.

We saw the continued growth of our signature "Georgia black eye thread" well into 2018, driven mainly by weekly Georgia upset losses to OOS teams, upset playoff losses, and a Geico appearance during the said 2018 season.  While we feel sorry for the Georgia teams, we nevertheless enjoyed the clicks from our beloved members from the Peachtree state.

We once again offered a state of the art Poll result and comp poll result thread, which is accessed regularly by many guests, for the latest results.  Thank you to the SJB guy Dntn something, something for keeping the said results current, even after his team suffered a devastating loss in the CIF finals.

We would be remiss if we didn’t acknowledge our championship pickem team, which rallied from dead last to secure a tie in the inaugural inter site  Pickem Challenge.  The subcommittee on member  aptitude will be accepting applications in July  for next years squad, which will feature smarter guys.

We are pleased with the successful channeling of the riff raff to the Off Topic Forum.  This is a signature Prepgridiron featured service, and has reduced the hijacking of football related threads by over 75%.  While we still have a problem with hijacking game threads, we will be forming a subcommittee to solve this problem as well.

We'd like to congratulate the Calif guys for their successful campaign to rig the Calpreps algorithems, resulting in a back to back share of the MNC for California.  While this years Mater Dei team was nowhere near the #OIAG team of 2017, the marketing campaign out of Calif resulted in a second place league team with two losses, being able to garner the MNC from (4) polling services.  Well done boys.

We also saw continued camaraderie amongst our esteemed members, as many met up at various games throughout the country.  We encourage this said interaction and hope it will drive civility.

Thank you again for your continued support and engagement. 

-The Comish

PS.  With 20 likes or 1 thumbz down to this post, I can avoid a filibuster and return uncontested as your beloved Comish in 2019

• Thanks 1
  • Like 11
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, The Comish said:

Dear members,

On behalf of The Chief and the Executive Committee, we would like to thank you for a phenomenal 2018 season.  From a membership standpoint, we are up to over 800 screen names and record 17 actual members.

We saw many firsts this year, including a record number of posters being banned, unbanned, and then banned again.  We thank our Mods, especially Hawg who is the  only mod who actually does any mod work.  Our other mods will be reviewed accordingly during the post season. 

We saw a record engagement by the Texas posters, albeit most of the activity came during the last two weeks of their season.  Thank you to the Texas contingent for your presence here on the only true National HS football forum in America.  Also let us extend our congrats to this said group for their first MNC share since the highly controversial 2013 result.  According to our flagship OOS scheduling service, Prepgridiron logistics, Texas will continue their integration with  the rest of the country with a marquee matchup of a Top Texas 6a program with a nationally recognized brand program.  We here at Prepgridiron would like to think that pressure from our members helped to drive the said increased engagement.  Similar to how we drove the Folsom vs DLS series to fruition.

We saw the continued growth of our signature "Georgia black eye thread" well into 2018, driven mainly by weekly Georgia upset losses to OOS teams, upset playoff losses, and a Geico appearance during the said 2018 season.  While we feel sorry for the Georgia teams, we nevertheless enjoyed the clicks from our beloved members from the Peachtree state.

We once again offered a state of the art Poll result and comp poll result thread, which is accessed regularly by many guests, for the latest results.  Thank you to the SJB guy Dntn something, something for keeping the said results current, even after his team suffered a devastating loss in the CIF finals.

We are pleased with the successful channeling of the riff raff to the Off Topic Forum.  This is a signature Prepgridiron featured service, and has reduced the hijacking of football related threads by over 75%.  While we still have a problem with hijacking game threads, we will be forming a subcommittee to solve this problem as well.

We'd like to congratulate the Calif guys for their successful campaign to rig the Calpreps algorithems, resulting in a back to back share of the MNC for California.  While this years Mater Dei team was nowhere near the #OIAG team of 2017, the marketing campaign out of Calif resulted in a second place league team with two losses, being able to garner the MNC from (4) polling services.  Well done boys.

We also saw continued camaraderie amongst our esteemed members, as many met up at various games throughout the country.  We encourage this said interaction and hope it will drive civility.

Thank you again for your continued support and engagement. 

-The Comish

PS.  With 20 likes or 1 thumbz down to this post, I can avoid a filibuster and return uncontested as your beloved Comish in 2019

Wow 😲 No thanks to the Union Rep Wow

9628E92E-0763-43A3-92F9-A36B4BB604DE.gif

• Haha 7

13 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Not a single word about our resounding victory, against all odds, in the National Pick ‘em?  WTAF?

SMDH

Excellent point 

major oversight 

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

His application to be one of our five PF National Pickem experts was rejected. He's still in denial. 

Yeah, but that was sammy — we’re talking about The Commish 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Not a single word about our resounding victory, against all odds, in the National Pick ‘em?  WTAF?

SMDH

Dear member,

After being informed by one of the interns of our initial oversight we have amended the newsletter.

Thank you for your diligence.  Remember, if you see something, say something.

-The Comish

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

This is good stuff. Maybe I should appoint you the actual Commissioner. Solid work. 

Thank you sir.  I pledge my unwavering commitment to the fidelity of the office of The Comish.

"Let the word go forth from this time and place to friend and foe alike, that the torch has been rightfully passed.  So be it for so it is."

comish.jpg

52 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I miss @Rufus69. I understand that he's in self-exile, but still. I thought I should say that I've noticed his absence and that I believe the community is worse off for it. 

Don’t worry he’s active on the 7a board daily.. we’re just his side chick he don’t visit unless he gets bored of the Bush League board 

2 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I miss @Rufus69. I understand that he's in self-exile, but still. I thought I should say that I've noticed his absence and that I believe the community is worse off for it. 

Totally agree. 

I wish that things had not went as they did with that "site/user" interaction. 

I'd be remiss to say that I haven't felt guilty or like a(n) (insert whatever adjective you want here) for the absence of that guy.