The "state" of college football in California...

RedZone

2 hours ago, Texasball said:

Don’t forget it’s only been like 1 full year since SJB got beat at STA.

talk to George Smith today - good guy 😀

SJB finished as the consensus number 2 team in California that year, and STA finished outside the Florida top 10. 

STA lost 44-27 to a first round Florida loser that year too. 

Depth. Something Cali doesn’t possess 

7 hours ago, Texasvic said:

Usc,ucla still get all the talent they want lol. And theyll still go 5-5. They just aint good. This years Fresno state would beat em. Fresno state has been the most consistent cali team recently. Pac 12 might wanna pick em up lol

Coaching. And a splattering of talent at skill positions doesn't mean they are getting what they need, namely the 4 and 5* lineman, as well as depth. Injuries just cripple UCLA every year, with no depth to replace them. Usc is now nowhere close to being a top recruiting class anymore. They  use to be in the top 3 or 5 every year. Some reason most of the best players want to play outside of LA. This goes in B-ball also. If La kept their talent local to the bruins, they would always be near the top with Carolinas and Duke etc. 

• Like 1

It sure sounds like USC is going to lose their new OC Kingsbury. It’s a real sh&t show what’s happening at SC now. Swann should have fired Helton. It is unprecedented for a school to not allow a coach to seek other jobs. This is going to turn off other coaches from considering SC.

I just question why KK took the job in the first place if he is looking elsewhere now. Sc just had a great recruiting year, at least for skill players. Who will coach them?

im not sure either whether they addressed their biggest weakness which is line play. It’s really a sad commentary when I say that SC weakness is their offensive line when historically it is the o-line that made SC a powerhouse throughout all their glory years.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

It sure sounds like USC is going to lose their new OC Kingsbury. It’s a real sh&t show what’s happening at SC now. Swann should have fired Helton. It is unprecedented for a school to not allow a coach to seek other jobs. This is going to turn off other coaches from considering SC.

I just question why KK took the job in the first place if he is looking elsewhere now. Sc just had a great recruiting year, at least for skill players. Who will coach them?

im not sure either whether they addressed their biggest weakness which is line play. It’s really a sad commentary when I say that SC weakness is their offensive line when historically it is the o-line that made SC a powerhouse throughout all their glory years.

USC out here shooting themselves in the foot,Neck and chest.... 

They need to let Helton go.... 

As much as I can't stand the Trojans it's gutwrenching to see y'all like this.... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The SEC is good conference but it has it's flaws for damn sure.... 

Alabama, Georgia, Florida and LSU are the only teams worth even mentioning from the conference right now... 

The Pac-12 is a dad joke.... 

The ACC is the Big Ten except with Clemson.... 

The Big Ten is the ACC except with The Ohio State.... 

The Big 12 is both combined with no defense...

And Note Dame is.... Notre Dame... 

Think Texas A&M is going to be a serious player soon.   They had a better year than most give them credit for.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Are you at the AFCA? 

Find out if any teams in TX need a game 

Bishop dunne played several OOS games last year not sure they are 2 year deals, but I’d think they’d need a replacement for the 2 LA schools they played. Same thing for Deion’s school. (Trinity Christian Academy) 

13 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

UF is on the rise

UGA and bama are loaded in talent 

But sorry but until LSU beats bama like Ole miss 2x, Texas A&M and Auburn 2x have done since 2012 (when LSU current losing streak began) they don't belong mentioned with BAMA

Keep us all posted and informed about the SEC, little guy!

Maybe one day someone will care about your league..

Stupid kid!

• Thumbs Down 1

56 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Keep us all posted and informed about the SEC, little guy!

Maybe one day someone will care about your league..

Stupid kid!

That's where your argument is weak, I couldn't care less about what "my league" does 

I don't cheer for a league I cheer for a team, but I can't blame you

If LSU the chokers were my team I would heavily consider cheering for a league too

• Like 1

On 1/6/2019 at 7:35 PM, Bodysurf said:

Linebacker U

On 1/6/2019 at 5:27 PM, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

NCAA is arbitrary and selective it seems, figure this.... SMU gets death penalty, Penn State gets probation. SMU pays out cash and cars while latter has knowledge of an serial perv diddling orphans in showers back to the 70’s. 

BGW

Yes theyre very selective. In the ole miss case lots of other schools were brought up in the case but they were hidden by the ncaa to just have 1 school and give it as an example to other schools. There was atleast 12 other schools named by the athletes questioned in the case. If they had released the other names of the other schools it wouldve just given the student athletes more of a case when asking for pay from the ncaa to avoid under the table stuff.

• Like 1

Dumb hire by the Cardinals. A below average college HC without NFL coaching experience making it as an NFL head coach? LMAO

He is a terrific OC and I thought that job at U$C would be great for him. Seeing his O work with 5 star talent vs. college competition would have been fun. 

I wonder how Bru McCoy & Kyle Ford feel. McCoy is signed but Ford isn't. Nike U also offered another unsigned 4 star U$C WR commit. I read Ford is being courted heavily by Nike U. The Ducks really have stepped up big-time in So Cal taking guys that would normally be $C guys like every Mater Dei player. Hell, UCLA even got a Monarch. 

Did Clay piss off the Stache? I remember for years, a Sponge Bob coached team would never send guys to fUCLA due to how they treated Bret. 

13 minutes ago, daddyooo said:

USC was the "pro" team in LA for many years.  With the right coach will be again.  Plenty of talent in southern CA (the north not so much)-with the right coach it will stay home.

Clay needs to go just due to that. The added bonus is he sucks on game day too. Oregon took over in $C's backyard, and looks to do it again next year. 

35 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

You guys need to import as many Non-Cali players as possible if you want any chance of competing with mid level MAC teams 

We have a lot of guys from Texas. FYI, that was our first lost to a MAC team in the last 5 games in 3-4 years: NIU three times, and EMU. Last year was an off year. Three straight seasons of 11, 11, and then 10 wins followed by 7-6 losing 5 of the final 6.