DBP 2019 OOS opponents?

I AM IRONMAN

42 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

I hope Teel is planning on getting a dozen 1A transfers ..... 

I've spoken to some kids that said they've been in contact with bosco. Idk how many they will get, but they definitely aren't just sitting idle.  With that said, it's still a huge task. SJB usually features power 5 kids at damn near every position on both sides of the ball.  It's just another level from what we have available to us in NJ, but I see NJ having a team or two on that level within the next 3yrs. There will be coaching moves made that shake up the whole landscape. These moves may cause all of the top tier talent to be at two locations. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJR is rebuilding next season. They're intentionally laying low in 2019 re OOS games. 2020 will be a different story. 

When is the last time you seen Joe's rebuild? I'm not asking in effort to be sarcastic. I'm asking because "rebuild" means different things for different programs. 

15 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Good point. What adjective would you use? "Reloading" would be over-exaggerating IMO as the key players they graduate can not be equally replaced overnight. 

My brother, my brother... if I want you to remember anything I've ever told you, I want you to remember what I'm about to say because I've been telling you this for years. When "rebuilding/reloading " your focus should never be on whether or not you have an upgrade of the kid who once occupied that spot. Your focus has to be on making sure the next kid to occupy that vacated spot can outperform the opponent he will see on game day. My job as a coach is not to compare you to what we lost. It is to make sure you are able to beat every guy we know will be in front of you in our pursuit to a league title. Never chase ghost baller. Just make sure your replacement can hold his own vs who we know the other teams bring back. 

I just gave you a million dollars worth of game for free. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Good point. What adjective would you use? "Reloading" would be over-exaggerating IMO as the key players they graduate can not be replaced overnight. 

I like our 2020 2021  underclassmen that didn’t get that much time this year ... I really don’t see a Reload here, yes we lost key players but we got numerous underclassmen willing to kill to get a chance to contribute,,,

only 2 positions I’d love to see a transfer come in at is WR1 and DE across from Vanover... Smith Vilbert Loss will be a huge Blow 

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If the player replacing a Vilbert or Cross is half as talented, I don't see that as a positive. This should be the topic of your next podcast ;) Let's debate it live!! 

If your linebackers for next years are better linebackers than last seasons Defensive linemen were. Then all that happens is a shift in strength.  Last years LB's were solid behind a great defensive line. Next year we could see a solid defensive line in front of BIG, fast, physical linebackers, that can cover wide receivers if needed. Idk... def worth debating/ discussing on the show.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

If the player replacing a Vilbert or Cross is half as talented, I don't see that as a positive. This should be the topic of your next podcast ;) Let's debate it live!! 

Again, if they are half as talented as those two, but can dominate the lineman in front of them, then in essence you dont lose anything 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

SJR is rebuilding next season. They're intentionally laying low in 2019 re OOS games. 2020 will be a different story. 

2019 OOS 

JSerra Catholic / Imotep Charter -philly /  Cardinal hayes - Giants stadium

smart OOS .....a good Jserra team finished #17 in maxpreps...in san diego, Imotep home and Cardinal Hayes at Giants stadium for additional PR ....

how is J Serra Catholic a lousy OOS team ?  they lost to SJB by 7 pts?  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, SJR89 said:

2019 OOS 

JSerra Catholic / Imotep Charter -philly /  Cardinal hayes - Giants stadium

smart OOS .....a good Jserra team finished #17 in maxpreps...in san diego, Imotep home and Cardinal Hayes at Giants stadium for additional PR ....

how is J Serra Catholic a lousy OOS team ?  they lost to SJB by 7 pts?  

You know the standard is high when scheduling a national top 25 team 3,000 miles away from home is considered “laying low” Lol. 

• Haha 2