Westlake GA

Ararar

54 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

Lol idk why they schedule teams from mex, last year katy put up like 60 on mexican college kids. Heck teams from the rgv (area of 1.3 million and like 87% hispanic) here in south texas put up 50 on those mexican teams too so its not cs theyre mexican lol bcs teams full of mexicans like me in the united states will blow out those teams too. And yea those mexican teams consist of 20+ year olds mostly as theyre univ students. The good mexican players end up moving to south texas and play here from what ive seen. Usually in the richer areas youll see alot of those kids who moved for sports. 

They probably do it because it’s a guaranteed win, and it helps the Mexican teams get games. 

Kinda like the Midwest and Northeast schools playing Canadian teams. 

Its different and cool I guess 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

What does Westlake have?  What part of GA are they from and level?  I ask this with total nervousness as hawg will accuse me of trolling or using google instead.  lol

Atlanta.

Cam Newtons alma mater.

I dont really know what Westlake brings back... But 49-7 or 56-10 is probably a solid prediction. Westlakes a decent team, but no where near SJBs level... But decent, I mean Westlake is a 250-400 type national team. Maybe.

Just as an FYI, CP had them 435th nationally & #33 in GA. They were 9-3, and lost to Lowndes 24-0 in the 7A 2nd round.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2019 at 12:50 PM, AztecPadre said:

What does Westlake have?  What part of GA are they from and level?  I ask this with total nervousness as hawg will accuse me of trolling or using google instead.  lol

They are in SW Fulton County not too far from Hartsfield Jackson airport.  They generally have a fair number of athletes.  They have an annoying fundraiser they run during the games where you can buy a "shout out" that gets announced over the PA.  That tends to take over the announcer the longer the game goes.  The last time we played there the announcer was busy doing shout outs he totally missed an injured Westlake player down on the field.  SMH.  As I said, pretty good overall talent in general.  They are or are close to top in their region most years.  They've gone as deep as quarterfinals and might have gone to semis but I don't remember for sure.  They went out in the second round last you to Lowndes.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Fred said:

They are in SW Fulton County not too far from Hartsfield Jackson airport.  They generally have a fair number of athletes.  They have an annoying fundraiser they run during the games where you can buy a "shout out" that gets announced over the PA.  That tends to take over the announcer the longer the game goes.  The last time we played there the announcer was busy doing shout outs he totally missed an injured Westlake player down on the field.  SMH.  As I said, pretty good overall talent in general.  They are or are close to top in their region most years.  They've gone as deep as quarterfinals and might have gone to semis but I don't remember for sure.  They went out in the second round last you to Lowndes.

Yeah... They made it to the Semis in 2016 & lost to Roswell 28-0... the year yall won State. 

Westlake in the playoffs the last 5 years...

2018: L 24-0 to Lowndes in 7A 2nd Round

2017: L 34-7 to Marietta in 7A 1st Round

2016: L 28-0 to Roswell in 7A Semifinals

2015: L 35-21 to Grayson in 6A Quarterfinals

2014: L 23-6 to Etowah in 6A 2nd Round

Kareem Reid, who left Coconut Creek FL for Westlake GA, has been their HC since 2016. They arent a threat to win State most years, but they can usually win a playoff game or 2.

On 2/7/2019 at 12:05 PM, maxchoboian said:

Finally! Include the league games and we have the best high school football schedule ever. Thought we'd never see it.

Plus Good Counsel on Sep 13 and according to GSB, a Miami-Dade County school on the road on Sept 27 or 28 plus Trinity League....that’s not a bad schedule at all. Where is Texas? They can build 68 million dollar high school stadiums but can’t fly to Cali?

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Westlake. SJB did everything to make the game happen. Then the rug was pulled out from under them. 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Westlake coach said that the AD was afraid the SJB game was gonna end up being too much money to raise. 

He is waiting for the AD to approve the contract for John Curtis so he can lock it in

Makes sense... 

Westlake isn't Grayson,Colquitt or Milton when it comes to money.... 

Would've been sent serious money to get Westlake out there... 

30 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Makes sense... 

Westlake isn't Grayson,Colquitt or Milton when it comes to money.... 

Would've been sent serious money to get Westlake out there... 

Really no point sending a team half way around the Country to get stomped. Should've been a home and home with Grayson or Colquitt.