Laguna Beach (CA) at Green Street Academy (MD)?

eaglesinsider

I guess it fits then, since I'm sure they have Baltimore in the Northeast.

Someone will have to tell the Laguna Beach fans to bring their lawnchairs with them to scenic Babe Ruth Rec Field. There also aren't any yard lines on the field, just tic marks on the hash and sideline.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Babe+Ruth+Field+at+Cardinal+Gibbons/@39.2732068,-76.6695561,156m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c81ceb4505d349:0xf71e3cc45ce53234!8m2!3d39.2731249!4d-76.6692695

I can't believe someone would travel 3,000+ miles to play at that venue. I guess they could play at a local college (Towson, Morgan State, Johns Hopkins, Stevenson all 3,500-11,00 seat stadiums within 30 mins of downtown) but I don't know if GSA has that kind of money and I know this 3rd year program doesn't have that kind of fan base.

15 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

I guess it fits then, since I'm sure they have Baltimore in the Northeast.

Someone will have to tell the Laguna Beach fans to bring their lawnchairs with them to scenic Babe Ruth Rec Field. There also aren't any yard lines on the field, just tic marks on the hash and sideline.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Babe+Ruth+Field+at+Cardinal+Gibbons/@39.2732068,-76.6695561,156m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89c81ceb4505d349:0xf71e3cc45ce53234!8m2!3d39.2731249!4d-76.6692695

I can't believe someone would travel 3,000+ miles to play at that venue. I guess they could play at a local college (Towson, Morgan State, Johns Hopkins, Stevenson all 3,500-11,00 seat stadiums within 30 mins of downtown) but I don't know if GSA has that kind of money and I know this 3rd year program doesn't have that kind of fan base.

Don’t know Laguna Beach hs but Laguna is a VERY monied town that just be looking for an excuse to take their kids on a field trip to the nations capital (and they’d prefer a team they can compete with vs, ie, SJC)

• Like 1

Disney to my understanding only has a few hundred seats in the stands. And this past year KSA Events didn’t renew their contract for the Wide World Of Sports so all the teams who came to Florida had to play at a random local high school. 

Point is that the venue is the least important thing of the entire trip. 

KSA is a travel agency that gets teams to fundraise a certain amount per person and they put together a compete itinerary for the traveling team. So they found Laguna Beach a team to play while they are out on the East Coast. 

24 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Tell the Disney lady to start utilizing PGL in order to attract some relevant teams. 

They don’t do that. It’s not their specialty. They best match they ever had was Cocoa vs St Joe’s Philly. And after that St Joe’s went above their head and picked their own team the next time which they played Jesuit. 

Disney is enticing to the rich, white suburban teams predominantly in Colorado who want to come down and play a garbage Florida team and hang out at Disney. They shell out $50K plus for these trips. 

Playing top competition is not part of the format. They are paying big money so they want a guaranteed win. It sounds funny but I am familiar with the entire set up from beginning to end 

Anyone that is worth a damn isn’t gonna waste money on hot ass Disney in August. That’s stupid. They would travel and play a real game against a real opponent. 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, Nolebull813 said:

They don’t do that. It’s not their specialty. They best match they ever had was Cocoa vs St Joe’s Philly. And after that St Joe’s went above their head and picked their own team the next time which they played Jesuit. 

Disney is enticing to the rich, white suburban teams predominantly in Colorado who want to come down and play a garbage Florida team and hang out at Disney. They shell out $50K plus for these trips. 

Playing top competition is not part of the format. They are paying big money so they want a guaranteed win. It sounds funny but I am familiar with the entire set up from beginning to end 

Anyone that is worth a damn isn’t gonna waste money on hot ass Disney in August. That’s stupid. They would travel and play a real game against a real opponent. 

Shoot, I could have found them a game against someone they could beat with a real stadium and not in a neighborhood with 292 violent crimes reported in the past six months for a paltry $45K or so.

West Baltimore will be a heck of a cultural education for those Laguna Beach boys and their folks. Maybe that was the sell.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, eaglesinsider said:

Shoot, I could have found them a game against someone they could beat with a real stadium and not in a neighborhood with 292 violent crimes reported in the past six months for a paltry $45K or so.

East Baltimore will be a heck of a cultural education for those Laguna Beach boys and their folks. Maybe that was the sell.

The coach for the California team might have no idea what kind of neighborhood it is.  At first they only see applications of teams interested in hosting them.  They won’t have any information other than what research they can do on their own in regards to location of the game. 

They might just be busing to that stadium, playing the game and then leaving.

I am sure 95% of their itinerary is away from that area

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The coach for the California team might have no idea what kind of neighborhood it is.  At first they only see applications of teams interested in hosting them.  They won’t have any information other than what research they can do on their own in regards to location of the game. 

They might just be busing to that stadium, playing the game and then leaving.

I am sure 95% of their itinerary is away from that area

Come one.  How bad can that area been?

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Someone doesnt know their east from west... Its not that bad there. Hell Mt St Joes is right a crossed the street basically and its next to a big hospital.. and far enough west from Pigtown.. and it is on a private school campus just the school is closed down lol

I thought they played across town. My mistake still not great but should be fine. I was thinking of over by the police station

48 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

Cardinal Gibbons campus. They built an all purpose turf rec field on the grounds.  At one time it was a rumored that Poggi and McGreggor was going to buy the grounds and start their own school/football academy there

Ok that field is nice and seems pretty secure. Do they use the old school for any locker facilities?

7 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Why did Laguna Beach change its nickname to the Breakers?

I thought name, Artists was unique and represented the area well. 

Breakers were the original mascot when the school started in the 30s, but somewhere along the way was changed to Artists.

In the early 2000s they changed back, which was spearheaded by the football players that hated the nickname. 

I went to rival neighbor Corona Del Mar HS & when we beat them 41-14 in the CIF Semi's, we made sure to let them know that the "Artists" fit a little better : )  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Why did Laguna Beach change its nickname to the Breakers?

I thought name, Artists was unique and represented the area well. 

19 minutes ago, mje44 said:

Breakers were the original mascot when the school started in the 30s, but somewhere along the way was changed to Artists.

In the early 2000s they changed back, which was spearheaded by the football players that hated the nickname. 

I went to rival neighbor Corona Del Mar HS & when we beat them 41-14 in the CIF Semi's, we made sure to let them know that the "Artists" fit a little better : )  

If you think “Artists” is less than manly, how’d you like to be “The Millionaires?”

Lenox MA High School:

“Lenox sports teams are known as the Millionaires in recognition of the town’s prominence as a summer colony for some of the country’s wealthiest families during the Gilded Age of the late 1800s. However, many students have expressed dismay with the "Millionaires" moniker, arguing that it promotes an elitist and revisionist version of the town's history. Numerous efforts to change the sports' teams name have been unsuccessful”

Imagine the shit these kids must take.

• Haha 1