OBJ to the Brownies, Peppers to Giants

Bormio

22 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Giants made a huge mistake not trading Collins before the deadline last year.

They knew he was going to be asking for too much money. 

read that the best offer they had for Collins last year was a 4th round pick.  Given Collins salary and because NYG not signing any decent FAs, they may get a compensatory pick higher than that next year.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

King does have soft spot for nj guys.... in pepper’s defense he played much better in the Last few games of the season. He will replace Landon Collins who signed with skins. 

Peppers is solid.  This will be what, year 3 in the league for him.  

listen there are multiple issues with the Giants beyiond Eli....first and foremost Jerry Reece / Mark Ross truly screwed the team in drafting in there last 5 years.  OL was a disaster...one of the lowest % of draft picks to remain in roster in the nfl.....I do not mind sticking with Eli...give him time in the pocket...still make all the throws.....get a push for Barkley...engram needs to step up....get edge and OL and maybe use extra picks to sneak up late in 1st round for another need....

• Thanks 1

On 3/12/2019 at 9:32 PM, zulu1128 said:

Remember when Kingwill and guaranteed us that Peppers would be an all-pro?

#lulz

I still think he has a chance to be TBH has all the talent in the world in new situation with little chip on shoulder with something to prove plus in Bechers scheme will be used like Collins which is in the box around the LOS he should excel.

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Devin Bush certainly did.  

He had 5 sacks in one season. Almost as much as Gary had in 3 lol and Gary will be drafted higher thats ridiculous. 

191 tackles in 39 games. Vander esch type numbers from boise state. Lb playing for the cowboys 

16 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

The Giants lost a selfish brat, who won't help any team win a SB....The NE  Pats have NO ODELLS !!!!!!!

Remember Jeremy Shockey?   Giants won a SB with him on the roster, but he was injured and didn't play in the playoffs.    He was dealt to the Saints before the following season to remove the internal headache (and being injury prone didn't help either)  and a season or two later he won a SB with the Saints.    I wouldn't exactly call him the ultimate team player, but winning tends to cure internal hostility and individual/team turmoil.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Remember Jeremy Shockey?   Giants won a SB with him on the roster, but he was injured and didn't play in the playoffs.    He was dealt to the Saints before the following season to remove the internal headache (and being injury prone didn't help either)  and a season or two later he won a SB with the Saints.    I wouldn't exactly call him the ultimate team player, but winning tends to cure internal hostility and individual/team turmoil.

Heard on WFAN that Shockey bullied Eli when he was a rookie.

FYI Berni. Williams was teased alot and called Bambi until Donnie Baseball took him under his wing....love #23

• Like 2

On 3/16/2019 at 10:41 PM, hardhit1 said:

Browns played him out of position year one

second year he played a bit better 

not an NFL return man......

but I like him and wish some luck 😚

Your not gonna get equal value to trade ODB BUT if Peppers blossoms with giants to even higher level and they hit HR on 17 pick plus add a contributor/starter with 3rd round pick than Giants fans should feel better about things in couple years..

On 3/16/2019 at 9:13 AM, Drummer61 said:

Yes, sadly he was an alcoholic that Wellington Mara tried to help....He still never did finger pointing or Mambos and only hurt himself...He was also a product of the "Hood Culture" at the U....The Pats are the cleanest by far and have few, ,if any, Mambo dancers or showoffs....

Shockey used to have his hissy fits on the field if he wasn't getting the ball.  He bullied Manning and the Giants never would have been in the Super Bowl that year if he wasn't injured.  Manning began to relax with him out.  

On 3/16/2019 at 10:41 PM, hardhit1 said:

Browns played him out of position year one

second year he played a bit better 

not an NFL return man......

but I like him and wish some luck 😚

Fantastic athlete, but kind of a man without a position.  He did improve in the latter half of last season as an in-the-box safety, but he was nothing more than an average player. Maybe a new scheme or change of scenery will do him well.  Still ranks as one of the most impressive out-of-state high school players I've seen against an Ohio team, and that Bosco team was one of the best high school teams I've seen.