OBJ to the Brownies, Peppers to Giants

Bormio

59 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Remember when Kingwill and guaranteed us that Peppers would be an all-pro?

#lulz

King does have soft spot for nj guys.... in pepper’s defense he played much better in the Last few games of the season. He will replace Landon Collins who signed with skins. 

• Like 1

Wonder if the Browns bring back Dez Bryant?

in the long run it's probably a good move for the Giants. Eli is two to three years past retirement...they can package their 2 first round draft picks and move up and get the quarterback from Ohio State if need be. but not an easy pill to swallow for giant fans especially those for forking out huge amounts of money for psl's for next year because I see this as a 4 and 12 team at best which will get them a great draft pick the next year as well which I hope they'll mess up LOL

• Haha 1

I think this great trade by giants....get rid of a headache...did not fit in the giants culture no matter how good....disgruntled etc...also  I would have drafted zach martin instead of obj.  Gmen get Peppers to fill safety and return man at a very low number for the next 2 yrs.  

Now this is where its gets interesting....if Eli re-structured his contract which we will know this sunday.....then this a reload move and not a rebuild...Giants will take edge rusher at #6 and an Right tackle at #17 and maybe package the some picks to get another late round first pick or move up for two second picks....for defense maybe a WR.   if that happens its Eli for 2 years and the goal is the playoffs.....If they do this I am good...If they take a QB at #6 I am good....if you give Eli a pocket which the trade for Zeitler from the browns is huge,,,another sign of reload....you have a stout interior....which also gives a push for Barkley....I like it......

31 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Pro football focus has peppers ranked higher than collins 

Collins is a better safety than jabrill. Collins is a natural and prob played that position the first time he stepped on the field. Jabrill is still learning the position. Michigan didn’t do him any favors and used him like a Swiss Army knife so it was tough for him to make significant strides by not concentrating on one position. I think giants signed bethea too but don’t get that .... he’s pretty old. 

I think PFF has some analytical use and is a Decent reference, but I’m  Not a fan ever since they rated Eric weddle the #1 safety in the league few years  ago ..... 

Weddle has been extremely overrated his entire career. 

2 hours ago, SJR89 said:

I think this great trade by giants....get rid of a headache...did not fit in the giants culture no matter how good....disgruntled etc...also  I would have drafted zach martin instead of obj.  Gmen get Peppers to fill safety and return man at a very low number for the next 2 yrs.  

Now this is where its gets interesting....if Eli re-structured his contract which we will know this sunday.....then this a reload move and not a rebuild...Giants will take edge rusher at #6 and an Right tackle at #17 and maybe package the some picks to get another late round first pick or move up for two second picks....for defense maybe a WR.   if that happens its Eli for 2 years and the goal is the playoffs.....If they do this I am good...If they take a QB at #6 I am good....if you give Eli a pocket which the trade for Zeitler from the browns is huge,,,another sign of reload....you have a stout interior....which also gives a push for Barkley....I like it......

Lot of good points. 

But it’s time to move on from Eli. Way past the time too. 

Blow it up. 

Go get Josh Rosen from cards. Start with a 3rd rounder. 

Get a decent 1B RB to limit Bakley’s Output/wear and tear this year because they aren’t a playoff team anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Collins is a better safety than jabrill. Collins is a natural and prob played that position the first time he stepped on the field. Jabrill is still learning the position. Michigan didn’t do him any favors and used him like a Swiss Army knife so it was tough for him to make significant strides by not concentrating on one position. I think giants signed bethea too but don’t get that .... he’s pretty old. 

I think PFF has some analytical use and is a Decent reference, but I’m  Not a fan ever since they rated Eric weddle the #1 safety in the league few years  ago ..... 

Weddle has been extremely overrated his entire career. 

Faith assessment. I dont look at pff often but they do have peppers ranked higher. But you pointed out a flaw in their system or whatever analytics they use. 

Giants will use peppers as a safety and kick return 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Faith assessment. I dont look at pff often but they do have peppers ranked higher. But you pointed out a flaw in their system or whatever analytics they use. 

Giants will use peppers as a safety and kick return 

Giants made a huge mistake not trading Collins before the deadline last year.

They knew he was going to be asking for too much money. 

2 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Giants made a huge mistake not trading Collins before the deadline last year.

They knew he was going to be asking for too much money. 

I agree and resigning obj for no reason. Now they have dead money. 

Just cut eli go get Josh rosen. No reason to pay eli 5 million to be on roster 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree and resigning obj for no reason. Now they have dead money. 

Just cut eli go get Josh rosen. No reason to pay eli 5 million to be on roster 

No one will sign Eli to be a starter. 

If giants cut him then His career could be over if he doesn’t want to sign as a backup.