This is one of the last surviving active message boards...

BigDrop

52 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I'll try to gather the "evidence" later today, or at least some of it.  (HSFB:  shoot me an email about some selfless acts of kindness you've engaged in and stuff like that.  Think George Bailey, and how this would be a lesser place w/o you in.)

This means nothing.

Some of the biggest shit stains in history have done charity work.

54 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

What do you think causes him to be this way?  Childhood trauma, abuse?  The water?  To go where he's not liked, and then engage in constant insulting with no redeeming value?  Do you think he's on the spectrum?  Suffers a personality disorder?

A whole man's life assessed and reduced by Board posters?  Maybe the corrosiveness has leaked on to this side?

I don't know. I can't do anything other than judge posters by what they choose to post here.

In doing so, I've determined that HSFBfan is a turd.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I'll try to gather the "evidence" later today, or at least some of it.  (HSFB:  shoot me an email about some selfless acts of kindness you've engaged in and stuff like that.  Think George Bailey, and how this would be a lesser place w/o you in.)

You and the other piece of work might be on to something--he is arrogant, remorseless, openly shameless, demeaning as a rule, disregarding of others' feelings as a rule, a sophist, and entitled, and has a superiority complex and little sense of boundaries.

What do you think causes him to be this way?  Childhood trauma, abuse?  The water?  To go where he's not liked, and then engage in constant insulting with no redeeming value?  Do you think he's on the spectrum?  Suffers a personality disorder?

A whole man's life assessed and reduced by Board posters?  Maybe the corrosiveness has leaked on to this side?

He claimed to have had thoughts of killing his parents, once said there are too many Spanish people living on his street, was planning on moving to Alabama and living in his car, said immigrants should be mowed down and etc.......you need more?

Now the Cummings thread.

He's scum!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, RedZone said:

He claimed to have had thoughts of killing his parents, once said there are too many Spanish people living on his street, was planning on moving to Alabama and living in his car, said immigrants should be mowed down and etc.......you need more?

Now the Cummings thread.

He's scum!

Wtf....

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

This means nothing.

Some of the biggest shit stains in history have done charity work.

Give me a clue, Judge, what evidence would you'd find evidentiary on a man's worth?  Pretend we're in that Albert Brooks move, "Defending Your Life."  I think what you, Your Honor, meant to say was that charity can matter, and you find it admissible and somewhat probative, but that it's not dispositive, meaning it can be outweighed by a host of bad deeds.

May I introduce his good deeds to see whether they outweigh his Cummings comments?

30 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Wtf....

well, having never been on that Dark Side, I'm not familiar with all that.  In person, he's never uttered anything resembling that to several NJ guys who have been with him numerous times over several years, especially with alcohol around.  In vino veritas. and also a big hangover.

Do we know for sure that someone didn't hijack his keyboard?

Maybe he was trying to ingratiate himself with you Southerners, and thought that those comments would do the trick?  They used to.

I have to read the posts above. 

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

I don't know. I can't do anything other than judge posters by what they choose to post here.

In doing so, I've determined that HSFBfan is a turd.

Usually, this board is a very small piece of who we are, and many here would not be favorably "judged" by just their posts.  Read Mrs. Dalloway to get an idea of the complexity of a person.  I'm not saying that you can gain no personal insight from this board, just that it's not the complete picture, and in many cases, far from it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Usually, this board is a very small piece of who we are, and many here would not be favorably "judged" by just their posts.  Read Mrs. Dalloway to get an idea of the complexity of a person.  I'm not saying that you can gain no personal insight from this board, just that it's not the complete picture, and in many cases, far from it.

When people are granted the ability to hide behind a mask, or function with no true repercussions,they will often open up and show their dark side. 

Personally, I think we have learned a great deal about a lot of posters since opening the OT section. It's not about a post or two the other day, but, a body of work for a few years already. 

There is a reason why convenience stores have  "no hoodies or face coverings" signs on their doors. Anonymous people do dastardly stuff, or in the case of the board, say dastardly stuff. It speaks to character pretty well directly in my opinion, maybe moreso than even having a beer together, as, people act totally different when looking into one another's eyes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When people are granted the ability to hide behind a mask, or function with no true repercussions,they will often open up and show their dark side. 

Personally, I think we have learned a great deal about a lot of posters since opening the OT section. It's not about a post or two the other day, but, a body of work for a few years already. 

There is a reason why convenience stores have  "no hoodies or face coverings" signs on their doors. Anonymous people do dastardly stuff, or in the case of the board, say dastardly stuff. It speaks to character pretty well directly in my opinion, maybe moreso than even having a beer together, as, people act totally different when looking into one another's eyes. 

Of course there's truth in that.  But it's one-sided.  (And btw, I've proposed a ban since your post, which might deal address this issue.  No pride in authorship.  Feel free to moxie it up.)

The Federalist Papers were published anonymously.  Some of Paine's writings were signed with pseudonyms.  Many in his time were anonymous, too.  NJ Gov Livingston signed letters, Scipio. George Elliot was a woman.  Some "hide" here and elsewhere due to discrimination, SJWs, undeserved consequences, the Chinese and Middle Eastern gov'ts, etc.

For the record, I have not been, am not, and never will be a Dark Side poster, so help me God.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 10:27 PM, BigDrop said:

I have posted on internet message boards of one kind or another since the late ‘90’s.  For several I may have spent one to two hours a day on them,  freshly obsessed with the new medium, the internet.  For myself the boards included Chowhound, eGullet and Wine Berzerkers along with three or four high school and college boards.  Over the years I’ve even shown up on German fusball boards, united airlines frequent flier boards and even rollercoaster enthusiasts (I sold them) along with several local boards in the D. C. Area.

Today more are dead with others who contributed having moved on with more important or necessary ways to invest their time.

Several of the boards have led to enduring friendships as well as contacts and friendships to share a passion with.

i note all this because much of this type of communication, of basic  contact has now disappeared. Whether the message boards have actually folded or simply only have a fraction of the participants they once had-for many they are only a shadow of what they once where.

My Chowhound board (handle was “Joe H”) was the strongest with some posts having a million or more hits.  Like high school football there were a lot of opinions about where to have a good meal.

High school sports have long been a passion of mine.  With frightfully heavy travel literally all over America I developed a love for certain home towns and their teams.  I also met a lot of people many of whom I still talk to today.

Today, many of these boards have disappeared.  Many of those who posted have simply moved on and acquired a new interest or obsession.

My purpose in writing this is to say we’re  one of the few active boards remaining. For any topic.  I appreciate, respect and thank all of you for allowing our respective passions and beliefs to be peacefully (!) and respectfully pursued.  I value PrepGridiron and thank all of you for sharing with myself and others.  This is a great board whose future success and growth I loudly applaud and encourage.

Thank you, Gentlemen.  Appreciated.

Now to return to my many disagreements....😄

See what you started.  Don't you know that, in this day and age, those who take a holistic view of life can never disengage for 1 second from bringing politics into each and every subject, even one designed NOT to invite politics.  Probably even taking a whiz doesn't furnish safety from hearing about how that action affects humanity on some level, or about how the dude that invented the toilet or sewerage told Polish jokes in his spare time.

I needed a safe space, and thought i was entering one here.  Now, HSFB's coming over my house so we can come up with his redeeming value.

Nice going.  :)

1 hour ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Of course there's truth in that.  But it's one-sided.  (And btw, I've proposed a ban since your post, which might deal address this issue.  No pride in authorship.  Feel free to moxie it up.)

The Federalist Papers were published anonymously.  Some of Paine's writings were signed with pseudonyms.  Many in his time were anonymous, too.  NJ Gov Livingston signed letters, Scipio. George Elliot was a woman.  Some "hide" here and elsewhere due to discrimination, SJWs, undeserved consequences, the Chinese and Middle Eastern gov'ts, etc.

For the record, I have not been, am not, and never will be a Dark Side poster, so help me God.

Of course all of this is true. I used to post over there daily, but, can barely bare to click on the link to open it now. I've seen the good side and the bad side of it all, and used it much as a social experiment for my own self, more or less to see how far normally rational people would allow stuff to go(racially and/or other extremist type views) when they shared similar political views with the person. Turns out, they'll let it go A LOOOONG way. 

I personally haven't thrown anyone away over some of their apparent character issues. Good people do bad things at times, for varying reasons. Usually peer pressure and the like. I'll still treat most everyone here the same way as I would have before ever having read any of their views or having decided they may or may not have terrible flaws in character.

Politics brings out the "pure-d-ole" worst in people, and then others are willing to go right down the rabbit hole with them as long as they agree politically in principle. Kinda sad to see, but, tribalism and all is a real thing, especially on message boards where it is magnified for the onlooker. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course all of this is true. I used to post over there daily, but, can barely bare to click on the link to open it now. I've seen the good side and the bad side of it all, and used it much as a social experiment for my own self, more or less to see how far normally rational people would allow stuff to go(racially and/or other extremist type views) when they shared similar political views with the person. Turns out, they'll let it go A LOOOONG way. 

I personally haven't thrown anyone away over some of their apparent character issues. Good people do bad things at times, for varying reasons. Usually peer pressure and the like. I'll still treat most everyone here the same way as I would have before ever having read any of their views or having decided they may or may not have terrible flaws in character.

Politics brings out the "pure-d-ole" worst in people, and then others are willing to go right down the rabbit hole with them as long as they agree politically in principle. Kinda sad to see, but, tribalism and all is a real thing, especially on message boards where it is magnified for the onlooker. 

It's a "grab them by the pussy" culture.....

What do you expect?

Back in the day political threads popped up from time to time, BUT they were nothing like 2019.

I predict you CAN that off-topic forum in 2021. Can you see it? lol

Only going to be worse...

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Now the Cummings thread.

He's scum!

It’s fucked up, but what’s more fucked up is you talking shit about someone when you were caught on here calling a poster a N*****, Your in the same boat he’s in

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

47 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It’s fucked up, but what’s more fucked up is you talking shit about someone when you were caught on here calling a poster a N*****, Your in the same boat he’s in

Coming from a heroin junkie, really?...context is the friend you've never had or will never know.

6 hours ago, RedZone said:

Now the Cummings thread.

He's scum!

Dude, cut him some slack. There are some real challenges exhibited in those posts of his. 

Let the young man be. 

• Like 1