Interesting article from northern Nevada re: Folsom

Las Vegas_JC

8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Can we keep the convo's to relevant data over the past 5 years?  Is that to much to ask for?  No on cares what may or may not have happened 10 - 25 years ago except @Nolebull813

Why don’t you focus your sanctimony on your own house first 

you guys talk about Canyon ‘06 as if it were yesterday 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/3/2019 at 2:50 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

Folsom = Jokes (maybe, not quite that good).

Switch schedules and Jokes is ranked 12-17 annually.    Folsom should barely be discussed on the national board, and only because they voluntarily scheduled DLS.

Thats not true. Jokes last year would have made a game of it with Folsom because Jokes had their best team in ages. You have to go back to 2010 when Jokes lost to Serra in Socal final to say that Jokes had a relevant team. And we all know what Folsom did to that Serra team in state D-2 final.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Thats not true. Jokes last year would have made a game of it with Folsom because Jokes had their best team in ages. You have to go back to 2010 when Jokes lost to Serra in Socal final to say that Jokes had a relevant team. And we all know what Folsom did to that Serra team in state D-2 final.

IDK how you could argue Oaks would beat Folsom last year either. They struggled with Chaminade. Folsom was up 49-7 with 9 minutes left in the 2nd against Chaminade.  Oaks is a good program but they're more on the level of Mission Viejo. Both a notch below Folsom. 

On 5/4/2019 at 1:01 AM, THEOC89 said:

Exactly!... When “Bishop Folsom” had their chance to Earn a Top 5 Ranking in 2014 with their greatest 1 Year Transfer Player ever, Jonah Williams (GA and Davis HS) and their Record setting QB from Granite Bay, They Cried to the CIF and Instituted “The Folsom Rule”... Where Folsom  doesn’t have to play DLS to go to a SBG... 

And it worked perfectly, “Northern Nevada’s Best Players” Folsom recruited as 8th Graders in 2014, Will leave High School in 2019 as Back to Back D-1AA champs, not having to beat 1 top 5 CA team and only having to play DLS in 1 no lose game that would not hurt their Inflated rankings or their inflated stats...

Nor Cal Football is the Big Loser here...A Victory by Folsom over “Corona Centennial Christian” or “St. Mission Viejo” is much more Valuable for Nor Cal then Beating DLS Or 10 Straight D1-AA SBG wins.... No one would ever say “It’s DLS and no one else in Nor Cal” if Folsom beats “The Real CC”.... 

But Folsom has proven over the last 8 years that they are so worried about rankings and stats that they won’t even try.... It is just so embarrassing that a team with 4 SBG, 7 CIF Titles, 40 Straight league wins in 8 years, and numerous D1 players doesn’t even try to schedule Top 5 Teams... So during this “Great Run” they have no win’s over a CA Top 5 Team to boost Nor Cal and they only scheduled 1 Top 5 Team in a no lose game  against DLS during that time and couldn’t even score 1 point...

What a total waste of “Northern Nevada’s Most talented players.”....🤣🤣🤣

Folsom brings nothing positive to Nor Cal Football... The #2 Team in Nor Cal should be getting Cali Players Big Time D1 rides, By Playing Big Time Top 5 Games against CA’ Top Publics And Private’s every year...

Not  “Northern Nevada’s Best Players” by running up the score on a bunch of local kids playing for “Antelope”.. There is a reason for the Mass Exodus of Folsom Coaches to Irrelevant College Jobs...

The Paper Tiger is about to Crumble... 

I was waiting for your wall of text OC. Thank you for toning down the emojis to 3 this time my friend. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

IDK how you could argue Oaks would beat Folsom last year either. They struggled with Chaminade. Folsom was up 49-7 with 9 minutes left in the 2nd against Chaminade.  Oaks is a good program but they're more on the level of Mission Viejo. Both a notch below Folsom. 

foolscum is a notch above the other NorCal Baby Seal Slap Dicks that have also lost to DLS for the past 27 years. LOL!!!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I love the smell of street tacos at a HS FB game.....reminds me of the Canyon game.....smells like victory.

Glad you can jump on another teams victory over DLS since Servite is 0 for what? 4?? Servites concessions have to smell like defeat since that’s all they’ve experienced vs DLS..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

They also beat Eastside Catholic rather easily and we saw them dominate Centennial (AZ) I personally would have taken Oaks over Folsom I thought they were more physical 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Because Folsom Struggled big time against Cathedral Catholic 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

IDK how you could argue Oaks would beat Folsom last year either. They struggled with Chaminade. Folsom was up 49-7 with 9 minutes left in the 2nd against Chaminade.  Oaks is a good program but they're more on the level of Mission Viejo. Both a notch below Folsom

Football is often a game of matchups.  Folsom struggled with Cathedral who has a very disciplined defense.  I think they would have lit up Narbonne who was susceptible to up tempo passing attacks.  Oaks wasn’t an incredibly prolific offense but had a defense that was probably better overall than Cathedral.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

Because Folsom Struggled big time against Cathedral Catholic 

Cathedral is a lot better than you guys like to give credit for. I get it, they’re from San Diego and because they lost to Folsom you have to distance yourself from them. The only common opponent Oaks and Folsom had was chaminade. Cathedral was much better than chaminade. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Cathedral is a lot better than you guys like to give credit for.

My wife has a cousin that has had a couple of sons play there so I’ve seen them a few times over the past couple of years. They had a decent team last year but suffered an inexcusable loss to La Costa Canyon and weren’t terribly impressive against Helix and Torrey Pines.  The close game they had with Narbonne is an accurate representation of who they were last season.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

My wife has a cousin that has had a couple of sons play there so I’ve seen them a few times over the past couple of years. They had a decent team last year but suffered an inexcusable loss to La Costa Canyon and weren’t terribly impressive against Helix and Torrey Pines.  The close game they had with Narbonne is an accurate representation of who they were last season.  

And the close game right after that one with Folsom.

Blocks son is as clueless as block. 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 9:48 AM, Ararar said:

These were the questions asked on Norcalpreps when it was posted there.Obviously Folsom is recruiting 8th graders from Reno operating essentially as a private school.All of their best players in recent years are from Reno

Im no Folsom homer, but be real guys. You and Vegas JC are acting as if half the team is or was from Reno. Unless I’m missing someone, it was one family (3 Ngata boys) and Kaiden Bennett.

Take away the one family and we’re talking one other player? Not exactly a pipeline, is it?

i have no problem with people questioning the program, as Badger was also a transfer from Sheldon HS, but don’t over-exaggerate. Vegas JC has been picking at this scab for a long time. 4 players from Nevada over 10 years yet Folsom was dominating their area long before they got there. He acts as if they’re only winning and relevant because of the 4 Reno kids. SMH.

And prior to beginning high school, he had the option to move to Folsom, the Sacramento suburb that was building a football dynasty with Northern Nevada’s most talented players.

Whomever wrote the article and the portion quoted above should have their press pass revoked. It’s an uneducated hack job. Folsom was well established as a budding NorCal football dynasty well before any of the Reno players set foot on campus. But the writer didn’t concern himself with accuracy.

Dano Graves, Jordan Richards, Tyler Trosin, Jake Browning, Jonah Williams, Cody Creason and countless others laid the foundation for that program years earlier and none of them were from Nevada. 

Furthermore, all I’m reading in that article is that some kid named Jackson LaDuke discussed the idea of transferring with his family, I’d guess largely because he’s fully aware of the success the Ngata boys had there and where they were from.

Nowhere in the article did I read, “the Folsom coaches or boosters were actively recruiting me to play there”. If that bombshell gets dropped then you got something. Otherwise it’s just a bunch of speculation.

Breaking news: Players often flock to winning programs. It’s often referred to as “front running”.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

I could make a case  for  Mission Viejo  way more than Jokes.  MV was not so good last season, but year before and in 2015,  MV had outstanding teams, at least for them. The only way you could even let jokes in conversation was the way Folsom let the door open when they played so poorly against CC in final.  Folsom was not the same as they were earlier in season. They really took their foot off the gas and played down to the level of comp they were playing, doing only enough to win.  Clearly a much superior team than Jokes or MV last season. though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Im no Folsom homer, but be real guys. You and Vegas JC are acting as if half the team is or was from Reno. Unless I’m missing someone, it was one family (3 Ngata boys) and Kaiden Bennett.

Take away the one family and we’re talking one other player? Not exactly a pipeline, is it?

i have no problem with people questioning the program, as Badger was also a transfer from Sheldon HS, but don’t over-exaggerate. Vegas JC has been picking at this scab for a long time. 4 players from Nevada over 10 years yet Folsom was dominating their area long before they got there. He acts as if they’re only winning and relevant because of the 4 Reno kids. SMH.

Whomever wrote the article and the portion quoted above should have their press pass revoked. It’s an uneducated hack job. Folsom was well established as a budding NorCal football dynasty well before any of the Reno players set foot on campus. But the writer didn’t concern himself with accuracy.

Dano Graves, Jordan Richards, Tyler Trosin, Jake Browning, Jonah Williams, Cody Creason and countless others laid the foundation for that program years earlier and none of them were from Nevada. 

Furthermore, all I’m reading in that article is that some kid named Jackson LaDuke discussed the idea of transferring with his family, I’d guess largely because he’s fully aware of the success the Ngata boys had there and where they were from.

Nowhere in the article did I read, “the Folsom coaches or boosters were actively recruiting me to play there”. If that bombshell gets dropped then you got something. Otherwise it’s just a bunch of speculation.

Breaking news: Players often flock to winning programs. It’s often referred to as “front running”.

There is also Chaden Pierre who transferred in last year.The point of this topic is the kid said he would have had to leave his family to play at Folsom not move with them and that’s why he didn’t.

IMO if you secure 5 kids from one city in another state and obviously recruit others that qualifies as a pipeline 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

So the gist of this is Folsom can't recruit Nor Cal due to DLS so it has to go out of state to get any decent ball players?

The gist of this thread is salty posters looking for any reasons possible to hate on Folsom, AKA the most hated team on this board.

Folsom doesn't "recruit" anyone. Good players transfer to Folsom, mostly before their freshmen season, so they can play for a chance to win a state championship and get a scholarship to play at the next level. Kids want to play for winners. Simple as that.

This board actually thinks that if you weren't born in Folsom then you shouldn't play at Folsom. #hypocrites

51 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

The gist of this thread is salty posters looking for any reasons possible to hate on Folsom, AKA the most hated team on this board.

Folsom doesn't "recruit" anyone. Good players transfer to Folsom, mostly before their freshmen season, so they can play for a chance to win a state championship and get a scholarship to play at the next level. Kids want to play for winners. Simple as that.

This board actually thinks that if you weren't born in Folsom then you shouldn't play at Folsom. #hypocrites

Haters gonna hate... however, Folsom should be wary of press like this.  About 10 years ago, didn't Franklin of Stockton almost get the death penalty for recruiting players from Samoa?

47 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Haters gonna hate... however, Folsom should be wary of press like this.  About 10 years ago, didn't Franklin of Stockton almost get the death penalty for recruiting players from Samoa?

I didn't hear about that but if they were actively recruiting then that's a different story. The CIF's audit of Folsom would be a waste of time. 

CIF: "After our thorough 9 month investigation into the allegations of the Folsom Bulldogs recruiting players, we've come to the conclusion that it turns out that players just want to play for good teams. The 4 individuals who were pointed out thanks to the Socal brass on Prepgridiron.com, stated they wanted a chance to play for one of the best teams in Northern California and get noticed by college coaches. When our team of attorneys asked these individuals why they didn't just stay in Reno they laughed to the point of tears and replied "Would you?" Our findings were that Folsom broke no rules, there wasn't an ounce of evidence that they've ever "recruited" players, and that this investigation was such a waste of time and resources that we're now in debt and on the brink of bankruptcy. We are currently in the process of setting up a GoFundMe account to prepare for out long, drawn out litigation with Mater Dei Highschool." 

• Haha 3

I think I’ve made my feelings clear on this subject.Parents should be able to send their children to any school without repercussions.

A number of years ago a movie executive who lived in Arizona would take his private helicopter every morning and evening back and forth from work in California and guess who was on that Helicopter with him...His volleyball playing daughter who played at Norte Dame HS out here.Nobody out here cared that’s the Families decision. 

So good for Folsom but if the kid wasn’t moving with his family who was he living with? That was the only question on this topic 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I think I’ve made my feelings clear on this subject.Parents should be able to send their children to any school without repercussions.

A number of years ago a movie executive who lived in Arizona would take his private helicopter every morning and evening back and forth from work in California and guess who was on that Helicopter with him...His volleyball playing daughter who played at Norte Dame HS out here.Nobody out here cared that’s the Families decision. 

So good for Folsom but if the kid wasn’t moving with his family who was he living with? That was the only question on this topic 

I can't speak for the random kid in the article who never attended Folsom but for the Ngata brothers they live with their mother and grandmother. 

Article: https://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article189677829.html

Quote: Ray lives in Reno and commutes to Folsom for football weekends. His sons live with their mother and grandmother during the week near the school, which is counter to the rumor that they live in a party house full of transfer players, or at a hotel as a loophole to residential eligibility.

• Thanks 1