Maxpreps Preseason Top 100

RedZone

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

Hawg, we’re talking top 1000 here, not top 100. I guess we can just agree to disagree on that. 

On another subject, what does your preseason GA top 10 look like? 

My stab at it:

1. Colquitt Co.

2. Parkview

3. Archer

4. Lowndes

5. N. Gwinnett

6. Milton

7. Marietta 

8. McEachern

9. Lee Co.

10. Grayson

How far off am I.....? 

That’s a pretty good list, IMO.

grayson and mceachern should be higher than us (Marietta) and a few more region one team should be in there. 

Milton lost a ton, so six is about right. mceachern and cc have new coaches (though in mceacherns case they’ve won nothing so it shouldn’t kill them) and that’s always an adjustment, but cc is runner up two years straight, so they’ve been there and the kids know how to win. 

With Marietta, it depends who you ask. People who know the program (like me) really likes our chances at a good postseason run if we stay healthy. Many in Cobb county and South Georgia say we’ll finish below .500. I know both of those entities jump every thread of every social media site chiming in about Marietta, so it’s nice to be thought about. 

We’ll know what we have early with the opener against Rome and #3 St Joseph’s Prep coming in from Philadelphia, as well as Edgewater Florida and going to grayson. Then nationally ranked mceachern and hillgrove in region. 

Gonna be fun!

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Looks pretty good.

1. Colquitt 

2. Parkview 

3. Marietta

4. Lowndes 

5. McEachern 

6. Hillgrove 

7. North Gwinnett 

8. Grayson

9. Milton 

10. Archer 🏹

For me atleast. Im not sure I see any lower class teams in the overall top 10 right now.

Forgot about Hillgrove. I agree. Take out Lee and throw Hillgrove in there in the mix of the back 5.

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

That’s a pretty good list, IMO.

grayson and mceachern should be higher than us (Marietta) and a few more region one team should be in there. 

Milton lost a ton, so six is about right. mceachern and cc have new coaches (though in mceacherns case they’ve won nothing so it shouldn’t kill them) and that’s always an adjustment, but cc is runner up two years straight, so they’ve been there and the kids know how to win. 

With Marietta, it depends who you ask. People who know the program (like me) really likes our chances at a good postseason run if we stay healthy. Many in Cobb county and South Georgia say we’ll finish below .500. I know both of those entities jump every thread of every social media site chiming in about Marietta, so it’s nice to be thought about. 

We’ll know what we have early with the opener against Rome and #3 St Joseph’s Prep coming in from Philadelphia, as well as Edgewater Florida and going to grayson. Then nationally ranked mceachern and hillgrove in region. 

Gonna be fun!

At this early juncture, I have Colquitt above Marietta because one is "proven" with a rising senior qb and the other is "potentially" with a rising senior qb. 

After scrimmages in a couple of weeks, a lot could change.

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

At this early juncture, I have Colquitt above Marietta because one is "proven" with a rising senior qb and the other is "potentially" with a rising senior qb. 

After scrimmages in a couple of weeks, a lot could change.

If our QB stays healthy he’s one of the best in America. I’m not gonna lie to you. The only time I saw your QB was last year in the title game. Wasn’t his best performance but cc folk on another board said he was sick and injured, so those are two fair reasons not to be at your best. 

If your guy is better than mine, y’all should win the national championship if healthy! 

Edit: I know this rankles most cc folk, but some of the QBs struggles in the title game last year were probably because of the awful coaching job. Had friends all over America watching and we were in a group chat. Watching the calls were mind boggling.

Many blamed the OC, but the HC is the CEO. All coaching decisions, good and bad, are at his feet. I watched fcrp get out coached in two straight title games. 

Oddly enough, if he’d won those two games there’s zero doubt in my mind he’d still be at the helm at cc. 

My .02 cents

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

If our QB stays healthy he’s one of the best in America. I’m not gonna lie to you. The only time I saw your QB was last year in the title game. Wasn’t his best performance but cc folk on another board said he was sick and injured, so those are two fair reasons not to be at your best. 

If your guy is better than mine, y’all should win the national championship if healthy! 

Edit: I know this rankles most cc folk, but some of the QBs struggles in the title game last year were probably because of the awful coaching job. Had friends all over America watching and we were in a group chat. Watching the calls were mind boggling.

Many blamed the OC, but the HC is the CEO. All coaching decisions, good and bad, are at his feet. I watched fcrp get out coached in two straight title games. 

Oddly enough, if he’d won those two games there’s zero doubt in my mind he’d still be at the helm at cc. 

My .02 cents

Harrison is a better qb than Jaycee. He has all the intangibles that college recruiters are looking for. 

Colquitt is the better team though. If it comes down to qb play alone, Marietta is hands down the winner. 

If I'm analyzing position groups and comparing the two teams...

QBs- Marietta

RBs- Colquitt

Receivers- close to even, maybe edge to Marietta

O-line- Edge Marietta

D-line- even

LBs- Colquitt

Safeties- Colquitt

Corners- Even

Special Teams- Colquitt

Overall depth- Colquitt

Coaching- Colquitt

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Harrison is a better qb than Jaycee. He has all the intangibles that college recruiters are looking for. 

Colquitt is the better team though. If it comes down to qb play alone, Marietta is hands down the winner. 

QBs- Marietta

RBs- Colquitt

D-line- even

LBs- Colquitt

Safeties- Colquitt

Corners- Even

Special Teams- Colquitt

Overall depth- Colquitt

Coaching- Colquitt

Don't forget.....

Fans - Colquitt

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

QBs- Marietta

RBs- Colquitt

O-line- Edge Marietta

D-line- even

LBs- Colquitt

Safeties- Colquitt

Corners- Even

Special Teams- Colquitt

Overall depth- Colquitt

Coaching- Colquitt

Funny. We’d be opposite on a few of these.

QB-Marietta

RB-Even

WR-Marietta

OL-cc

DL-cc

LB-cc slight edge 

Safety-Marietta 

CB-Marietta

ST-cc

Depth-cc

Coach-Marietta edge 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Funny. We’d be opposite on a few of these.

QB-Marietta

RB-Even

WR-Marietta

OL-cc

DL-cc

LB-cc slight edge 

Safety-Marietta 

CB-Marietta

ST-cc

Depth-cc

Coach-Marietta edge 

Vidal is no Edwards let me tell ya. 

Then, Colquitt goes 2 more deep with Spradley and Ponder(listed as wr but also is a Ty Leggett type scat back) at Rb. 

I'll take the edge for Colquitt on D-line. 

On coaching: You can wish in one hand and shit in the other. Let me know which hand fills up first. xD

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Vidal is no Edwards let me tell ya. 

Then, Colquitt goes 2 more deep with Spradley and Ponder(listed as wr but also is a Ty Leggett type scat back) at Rb. 

I'll take the edge for Colquitt on D-line. 

On coaching: You can wish in one hand and shit in the other. Let me know which hand fills up first. xD

Kimani was injured and never right. Wait and see.

Remind me what the joco kid has won? I’ll wait.......

25 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I'll stick with my 3rd year starter rb.

I think Rogers has won around about 32 more games than has Morgan in the state of Georgia. 

Morgan has some catching up to do.

He ain't in Virginia anymore. Maybe if he clicks his heels together three times?

4ad8cf2f93afe7ee64499861b7399e3d.gif.2a9f9d22879de2aea6c65d71e0bf62d5.gif

xD

41 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Justin Rogers was 44-16 at JOCO making the playoffs all 5 years as an HC.

Richard Morgan was 15-19 at Marietta (not counting the forfeited games) taking them to the playoffs only twice.

How close am I?

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Richard Morgan was 15-19 at Marietta (not counting the forfeited games) taking them to the playoffs only twice.

How close am I?

Rufus>>

So I missed it by a couple of games and a few states. I think the heel clicking stuff is for Kansas not Virginia. 

The point remains though. 

xD

35 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

How close am I?

Rufus>>

Shall I go cc fan and bring up Virginia stats like y’all did with fcrp, or is that only valid below the the Macon 475 line? 

I see you've chimed in on all the Marietta ranking threads. Happy for your synopsis!

Hopefully we’ll get to meet and see what’s what, huh? 

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Looks pretty good.

1. Colquitt 

2. Parkview 

3. Marietta

4. Lowndes 

5. McEachern 

6. Hillgrove 

7. North Gwinnett 

8. Grayson

9. Milton 

10. Archer 🏹

For me atleast. Im not sure I see any lower class teams in the overall top 10 right now.

What was Milton’s preseason ranking last year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Shall I go cc fan and bring up Virginia stats like y’all did with fcrp, or is that only valid below the the Macon 475 line? 

I see you've chimed in on all the Marietta ranking threads. Happy for your synopsis!

Hopefully we’ll get to meet and see what’s what, huh? 

I don't think I brought up Rush's Bama stats.  I brought up Justin's Georgia stats...like you asked.

I doubt we meet.  But stranger things have happened.

Rufus>>

15 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

What was Milton’s preseason ranking last year?

I don't think they were really on many radars last year. I can't remember seeing them in any top tens. 

At least this year they are on the radar. Personally I don't see them hanging on in the top ten for the season, but, couldn't kick them out of the top ten coming off a state championship win. For me, this season will tell the tale on whether they are going to be able to maintain a top billing status or continue their see-saw type records that they've been known for historically. 

Edit to add: They don't even currently appear to be the best team in their own region as of now and it's one of the weakest regions in the state historically. 

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think they were really on many radars last year. I can't remember seeing them in any top tens. 

At least this year they are on the radar. Personally I don't see them hanging on in the top ten for the season, but, couldn't kick them out of the top ten coming off a state championship win. For me, this season will tell the tale on whether they are going to be able to maintain a top billing status or continue their see-saw type records that they've been known for historically. 

Out  of top 10 in Georgia who outside of Grayson gets transfers at the click of a finger like their team  might look like the team is going to be bad then Bam they get 5-10 key transfers overnight 

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Out  of top 10 in Georgia who outside of Grayson gets transfers at the click of a finger like their team light they might look like the team is going to be bad then Bam they get 5-10 key transfers overnight 

Any of the Gwinnett County teams can be prone to receiving numerous transfers. 

I takes more than just grabbing a lot of talent to make it in Georgia though. It still requires a perfect storm of coaching, talent and luck here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Any of the Gwinnett County teams can be prone to receiving numerous transfers. 

I takes more than just grabbing a lot of talent to make it in Georgia though. It still requires a perfect storm of coaching, talent and luck here. 

Grayson proved that you can have 30 D1 kids and no make it past 2 nd round playoffs 

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Grayson proved that you can have 30 D1 kids and no make it past 2 nd round playoffs 

Exactly. It usually requires peaking at the right time, which mostly speaks to coaching, attrition and depth. 

I'd argue that Marietta is another example of being pretty heavily talented and not getting it done last year. By all early reports, Marietta and Grayson should have been in the championship game last year. They were both at home watching though. 

Different things hurt each of those teams. Seems like Grayson was too talented to manage. They didn't buy in and they got an early exit. They clearly did not benefit heavily from playing an oos game either. 

Marietta had attrition issues and haven't proven able to peak at the right time yet. Also an example of not benefitting heavily from playing a couple of oos games. 

Kinda shoots the stacked with talent and play the best, play oos games makes you better  thought processes in the foot I'd reckon. 

10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Exactly. It usually requires peaking at the right time, which mostly speaks to coaching, attrition and depth. 

I'd argue that Marietta is another example of being pretty heavily talented and not getting it done last year. By all early reports, Marietta and Grayson should have been in the championship game last year. They were both at home watching though. 

Different things hurt each of those teams. Seems like Grayson was too talented to manage. They didn't buy in and they got an early exit. They clearly did not benefit heavily from playing an oos game either. 

Marietta had attrition issues and haven't proven able to peak at the right time yet. Also an example of not benefitting heavily from playing a couple of oos games. 

Kinda shoots the stacked with talent and play the best, play oos games makes you better  thought processes in the foot I'd reckon. 

Some big time Head Coaches have said...playing OOS doesn't make you better.  But things have changed since then and these days...it's the latest craze.  Playing teams that make you competitive is a must if you wanna go very far in Georgia.  But even that can be overcome if you have the right athletes and coaching.  Keeping kids healthy and focused probably has as much benefit towards winning a state title as anything.  And that can be extremely hard to do.  That's where a lot of luck comes in.

Coach Rogers seems to be doing a terrific job so far...but when we matchup with North Gwinnett in the Benz...the hammer hits the nail.  Hopefully...our guys will be ready.  I'm pretty sure NG will.  Man...this should be a GREAT year for high school football in Georgia.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't think I brought up Rush's Bama stats.  I brought up Justin's Georgia stats...like you asked.

I doubt we meet.  But stranger things have happened.

Rufus>>

Yea. Y’all are already in the playoffs and we gotta luck up enough times and win games to get in. 

Perhaps we can?! One can hope. I knew nothing about your new coach record wise, only that he seems to be a good person and the few people I know down there like him. 

The way some talk I’d have thought he won a title or two. Big shoes to fill in the sideline. 

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Some big time Head Coaches have said...playing OOS doesn't make you better.  But things have changed since then and these days...it's the latest craze.  Playing teams that make you competitive is a must if you wanna go very far in Georgia.  But even that can be overcome if you have the right athletes and coaching.  Keeping kids healthy and focused probably has as much benefit towards winning a state title as anything.  And that can be extremely hard to do.  That's where a lot of luck comes in.

Coach Rogers seems to be doing a terrific job so far...but when we matchup with North Gwinnett in the Benz...the hammer hits the nail.  Hopefully...our guys will be ready.  I'm pretty sure NG will.  Man...this should be a GREAT year for high school football in Georgia.

Rufus>>

I'm ok with OOS games. I don't think they make anyone any better, but, they do give pollsters some data to twist to fit their agendas. 

I'm pretty stoked for the columbo game honestly and it's just a scrimmage. Can't say I'd be just as stoked if it was a trip to Jardine. Maybe similar type opponent though. Idk. 

I feel pretty confident our guys will be ready. Our o-linemen are connected at the hip most of the time. On and off the field. I like that. 

I am a little concerned about coach to line communications though. Not sure if it's o-line coach still learning the right signals to send to the line or the line misreading the signals. A little communication trouble type stuff was apparently still getting worked out in the OTAs.

I feel good everywhere else. Real good.