Colquitt County vs Lake City Columbia Kickoff classic

Columbiafan

Just now, Rufus69 said:

I definitely think the game will mean more to Columbia than it will to Colquitt.  Since it's just a controlled scrimmage....well...it's just not as exciting as it was when I thought it was gonna be a full blown game.

I figure the Hawgs staff will experiment with particular sets on both sides of the ball.  We more than likely will go vanilla on offense.  And if our process is like it's been in previous years...our No.1 goal is to not get anybody hurt.  Don't get me wrong.  Colquitt wants to play well and come out on top...but...it's hard to judge a controlled scrimmage.  I'm sure it will be a lot more difficult than our little spring pad-popper against Meridian.

Whether we win or lose...I'll say it right now.

It's a scrimmage.

On Saturday afternoon on August 24th...in the Benz....it gets REAL.

Rufus>>

Who keeps spreading controlled scrimmage?

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I definitely think the game will mean more to Columbia than it will to Colquitt.  Since it's just a controlled scrimmage....well...it's just not as exciting as it was when I thought it was gonna be a full blown game.

I figure the Hawgs staff will experiment with particular sets on both sides of the ball.  We more than likely will go vanilla on offense.  And if our process is like it's been in previous years...our No.1 goal is to not get anybody hurt.  Don't get me wrong.  Colquitt wants to play well and come out on top...but...it's hard to judge a controlled scrimmage.  I'm sure it will be a lot more difficult than our little spring pad-popper against Meridian.

Whether we win or lose...I'll say it right now.

It's a scrimmage.

On Saturday afternoon on August 24th...in the Benz....it gets REAL.

Rufus>>

Ya'll act like you hold back on scrimmages haha.    What was the score vs Meridian last year?    Shoot ya'll ran up that score and murdered them.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Ya'll act like you hold back on scrimmages haha.    What was the score vs Meridian last year?    Shoot ya'll ran up that score and murdered them.  

Contrary to popular opinion...we didn't run up the score.  Meridian was that bad.  Our JV scored (4) TDs.  And we didn't complete the entire game in regular time.

It was sad...and not what we expected.

Oh...and it was this Spring.

Rufus>>

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Who keeps spreading controlled scrimmage?

I meant to ask Coach Rogers last night but we were talking about so many things I never got around to it. 

Word on the street around Moultrie is that the qb will be in a green jersey which means no contact. Idk for sure where that originated though

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I meant to ask Coach Rogers last night but we were talking about so many things I never got around to it. 

Word on the street aroind Moultrie is that the qb will be in a green jersey which means no contact. Idk for sure where that originated though

Well that changes things if true.   Hope that ain’t the case.  

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Word on the street aroind Moultrie is that the qb will be in a green jersey which means no contact. Idk for sure where that originated though

Ur alive???? I thought you’d OD from Moultrie Seafood poisoning... ur the guy that’s says 150$ fuck that I’m getting my monies worth 

24 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Well that changes things if true.   Hope that ain’t the case.  

I have to say I'm not really sure. 

Sometimes in the past we have allowed contact and live kicking. Other times not. 

Our spring scrimmages the last two years were no contact and no live kicking. Our fall scrimmage the last time we had one a few years back, I think there was live kicking but no contact on the qbs. 

I have no idea what these two coaches agreed on. The most people I ask don't know either, but, they've mostly all heard green shirt qb. 

That really changes the offense. Can't rush with the qb. Busted play is as good as a sack because the qb can't advance. 

I hope it's full varsity action 3 quarters. Tough to sit in the rain 2 hours from home for a controlled scrimmage, but, those are our boys so I'm going either way.