Mater Dei vs Centennial Huskies

NotBigdaddybloom

42 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Looking forward to this game!  Can’t wait to see Foreman create some havoc.

He got to Young a couple times last year and he’s gotten bigger and faster.  MD gonna need to roll the pocket left, or else double up on him.  If not, they better take out a collision insurance policy on the QB.  

As far as the game goes, I believe this is the tenth head to head and a MD victory knots it at 5-5.   

On paper this is likely the most lopsided of the contests, not necessarily due to the impact guys but at every position but a couple they have superior athletes.  Plus the game is at MD so our HTF will they screw us this time pool should be a fun one.

I’m hoping the Huskies can show well but I just don’t see this one going well for them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Something the FL teams have had a hard time figuring out.  

Yeah AZ is the only West Coast state to figure it out. Florida has wins over state champions from California, Nevada, Utah and Washington. 

DLS,CA twice 

Bishop Gorman,NV 3 times 

Bingham,UT twice 

Eastside Catholic,WA

Bothell,WA

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah AZ is the only West Coast state to figure it out. Florida has wins over state champions from California, Nevada, Utah and Washington. 

DLS,CA twice 

Bishop Gorman,NV 3 times 

Bingham,UT twice 

Eastside Catholic,WA

Bothell,WA

Yet for all that, you still have one of the worst cases of MD penis envy on the board.  

• Haha 4

Honestly, after watching Corona Centennial who rightly should have defeated IMG 50-49 I don't ever doubt them out of anything. Last year's game was kind of weird honestly. It was honestly the only year in a long ass time I've seen Centennial struggle heavily with QBs due to the offseason turmoil caused by the disgruntled CEO of the sports company taking their 4 Star QB with them. AND STILL. Matt Logan defeated the number 1 team in Arizona and went 11-1 with those medicore QBs. That is all coaching.

And Centennial actually played defense pretty well against MD but those Pick 6's KILLED them. This is going to be a crazy game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

Honestly, after watching Corona Centennial who rightly should have defeated IMG 50-49 I don't ever doubt them out of anything. Last year's game was kind of weird honestly. It was honestly the only year in a long ass time I've seen Centennial struggle heavily with QBs due to the offseason turmoil caused by the disgruntled CEO of the sports company taking their 4 Star QB with them. AND STILL. Matt Logan defeated the number 1 team in Arizona and went 11-1 with those medicore QBs. That is all coaching.

And Centennial actually played defense pretty well against MD but those Pick 6's KILLED them. This is going to be a crazy game.

I’m not sold on the 4 star QB you’re referring to.  Every QB’s execution drops under duress, but his drop off is worse than most.   Regarding that close game with IMG, the most amazing thing to me is they had very few weapons compared to the 2014–15 seasons.  McKee was a gem, the likes of which they may never see again.

The QB struggle wasn’t helped by the very young O line.  Inability to execute the read option didn’t allow for Logan’s progression in attacking defensive weak points. They used quick hit timing patterns way too much and had near misses on picks all year long. Mater Dei game planned very well and beat receivers to balls they knew were coming.

This year will be a real challenge for them but Logan seems to squeeze more juice out of the oranges than just about anybody else, so if they outperform their talent level once again, no surprise.  For me, it’s barely two miles to what should someday be named Logan Field so it’s easy access to fun times.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Yes - Logan’s system works best when the QB is essentially another RB.  I can’t help but wonder what the final score of last year’s Mater Dei game would have been had Centennial’s first TD not been called back. Was that the first or second play from scrimmage?  It was executed perfectly and fooled everyone on the field, including the refs.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Yes - Logan’s system works best when the QB is essentially another RB.  I can’t help but wonder what the final score of last year’s Mater Dei game would have been had Centennial’s first TD not been called back. Was that the first or second play from scrimmage?  It was executed perfectly and fooled everyone on the field, including the refs.  

While I love the Centennial huskies to death, I think that it was just the QBs that killed the Huskies. Centennial beat themselves...if they had Tanner McKee still I think that would be very competitive. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I’m not sold on the 4 star QB you’re referring to.  Every QB’s execution drops under duress, but his drop off is worse than most.   Regarding that close game with IMG, the most amazing thing to me is they had very few weapons compared to the 2014–15 seasons.  McKee was a gem, the likes of which they may never see again.

The QB struggle wasn’t helped by the very young O line.  Inability to execute the read option didn’t allow for Logan’s progression in attacking defensive weak points. They used quick hit timing patterns way too much and had near misses on picks all year long. Mater Dei game planned very well and beat receivers to balls they knew were coming.

This year will be a real challenge for them but Logan seems to squeeze more juice out of the oranges than just about anybody else, so if they outperform their talent level once again, no surprise.  For me, it’s barely two miles to what should someday be named Logan Field so it’s easy access to fun times.

I really hope so. Teams like Corona Centennial are a dying breed. They will be like dinosaurs soon, the new age of football seems to be gearing towards superteams like IMG, SJC, SJB, MD not public.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

DLS,CA twice 

Bishop Gorman,NV 3 times 

Bingham,UT twice 

Eastside Catholic,WA

Bothell,WA

Dont forget Long  Beach Poly. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

DLS,CA twice 

Bishop Gorman,NV 3 times 

Bingham,UT twice 

Eastside Catholic,WA

Bothell,WA

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, The Colonel said:

The ref that threw the flag was a chick.  Smh 

23 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The red that threw the flag was a chick.  Smh 

Sammy if you’re going to be in the He-man women’s hater club at least get the play right.She didn’t throw a flag she blew the play dead because apparently she had never seen rpo ran to perfection before 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The red that threw the flag was a chick.  Sm

In our HTF will they screw us this time poll, the center square is a commemorative edition called Sleeper, named after the Woody Allen movie cuz it’s so damn funny.    

It commemorates when after the ref places the ball, all the officials retreat to their position, Freedland looks to the sideline a good 10 seconds for the call, then looks over the D for another 4seconds, then has the ball snapped, and after he runs in for a TD, the officials are rocked from their slumber by the cheering. The officials convene to see if anyone actually witnessed the play, then to avoid embarrassment, fabricate the “we weren’t ready” excuse.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

In our HTF will they screw us this time poll, the center square is a commemorative edition called Sleeper, named after the Woody Allen movie cuz it’s so damn funny.    

It commemorates when after the ref places the ball, all the officials retreat to their position, Freedland looks to the sideline a good 10 seconds for the call, then looks over the D for another 4seconds, then has the ball snapped, and after he runs in for a TD, the officials are rocked from their slumber by the cheering. The officials convene to see if anyone actually witnessed the play, then to avoid embarrassment, fabricate the “we weren’t ready” excuse.  

DAMN!!!!

BGW